User map [Deleted]

CrispinP

Looking forward to it's features growing.
Keen to buy. Will do so when there's;
a) ability to decide where nav link is (I'd want mine as sub-nav under Members).
b) user group permissions to decide whom can see pins/heatmap on the map, and ACP option to only see pins/heatmap if user allow's there location on the map.

Looking forward to it's features growing.
Keen to buy. Will do so when there's;
a) ability to decide where nav link is (I'd want mine as sub-nav under Members).
b) user group permissions to decide whom can see pins/heatmap on the map, and ACP option to only see pins/heatmap if user allow's there location on the map.

Those should not be too hard to do. Go on, take a punt and I'll get those features in in the next day or two. :)

Fantastic add-on - Finally, 3rd add-on (user map add-on) addressing the real needs.

I was using a VB add-on with below functions and seeing if this can be done.
1 can different user groups be shown with different color of pins? (see image 2)
2. Can some usergroups be NOT displayed?
3. Is it possible to show address/contact information along with directions instead of showing profile card. Please see image 1
I can PM VB add-on link that's working with above functionality.

Image 1:
upload_2016-6-5_6-30-46.webp

Image 2:
upload_2016-6-5_6-32-32.webp

Last edited:
Looks great. I am interested to see how this develops.

Two suggestions:
  1. A "map" tab integration into the user profile page to see the individual pin.
  2. Custom Icons (and colors if no icon is present) per user group for map pins.

Go on, take a punt
Would like to, but really it's not useful to me without permissions to control who can use it and who appears. Being able to restrict users from seeing pins unless they too share their own pin/location is vital for users to feel sharing is 'safe' and not open to every registered ( or, shudder, unregistered! ) user knowing their whereabouts. Or they'll just populate it with crap or capital city and render if useless anyway.
And I don't want another top-level navigation item.

Last edited:
Would like to, but really it's not useful to me without permissions to control who can use it and who appears. Being able to restrict users from seeing pins unless they too share their own pin/location is vital for users to feel sharing is 'safe' and not open to ever registered user knowing their whereabouts. Or they'll just populate it with crap or capital city and render if useless anyway.
And I don't want another top-level navigation item.

Likewise I put that request in the free thread. Needs to go under Members or at least option it so. Too much top level navigation bloat these days.

My other suggestions aside from what's been suggested:
1. Profile privacy setting to disable
2. Profile privacy setting to opt-in (this perhaps can be tied into the IP lookup)
3. Widget framework renderer would be nice

More ambitious suggestions:
1. Assuming opt-in to IP lookup, lookup last known IP (on last post not registration, that should be stored somewhere)
2. Assuming appropriate privacy setting, enable LBS (location based service on mobile) to get a real-time AGPS location on mobile devices
3. Share current location button (in kitchen sink or else where), this would insert current location (AGPS) into a post

Looking great otherwise.

@CrispinP

Be the pioneer :) I'm not guaranting it'll work flawlessly - I've done as much testing as I can.

If there are issues though then we'll work them out. This is used on my own site too. It's in my best interest to iron out any problems too.

Just checking with my server peeps and even tho my site is using 5.4+ php and has CURL enabled they need to recompile php first for some reason.

This is now done. Version 1.4. See updated notes.

2. Can some usergroups be NOT displayed?
Can add this for future dev.

3. Is it possible to show address/contact information along with directions instead of showing profile card. Please see image 1
This would be an interesting change. I'll add it to the list and have it so that you could add your own template to display.

1 can different user groups be shown with different color of pins? (see image 2)
Interesting. Might be something to add in the future.

• A "map" tab integration into the user profile page to see the individual pin.
Good idea - thanks.

1. Custom Icons (and colors if no icon is present) per user group for map pins.
Colours was mentioned, custom icons should be quite straight forward.

1. Profile privacy setting to disable
Just don't fill in the Map Location field.

2. Profile privacy setting to opt-in (this perhaps can be tied into the IP lookup)
Could also add this.

Assuming opt-in to IP lookup, lookup last known IP (on last post not registration, that should be stored somewhere)
2. Assuming appropriate privacy setting, enable LBS (location based service on mobile) to get a real-time AGPS location on mobile devices
3. Share current location button (in kitchen sink or else where), this would insert current location (AGPS) into a post
I had thought of using the last-known IP address but it was simpler to add it to the registration IP. Now that things are easier I might add a feature to do either.
The same with the prompting the browser for current location. Should not be that hard.

There is (happily) a ton of interest in this which is quite cool. I'll add features as and when I can. I do maintain a list and the list is ordered by people who buy it ;) So, if you wanted something added, such as the list above, buy it and I'll bump it to the top of the list. :) It's your way of showing interest instead of me spending an evening writing a ghost function.

How long does it take to receive when you purchase? I though fetchapp service was automated.

Oh bugger. Thanks for the purchase!

I'm on my way to work atm, will email you a copy when I'm in.

Apologies about that.

Installed, and a couple of errors found ...

Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined index: map_location - library/Crispin/UserMap/ControllerPublic/UserMap.php:18
Generated By: Mouth, 1 minute ago
Stack Trace
#0 library/Crispin/UserMap/ControllerPublic/UserMap.php(18): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '...', 18, Array)
#1 library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): Crispin_UserMap_ControllerPublic_UserMap->actionIndex()
#2 library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#3 index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#4 {main}

Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Access level to Borbole_Welcome_DataWriter_User::_postSave() must be public (as in class Crispin_UserMap_DataWriter_User) - library/Borbole/Welcome/DataWriter/User.php:0
Generated By: Sibi, 3 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
... this one being critical because it's stopping actions like avatar uploads, user merges, registrations, logins, etc. Multiples of this error in only the few mins since install.

Disabled the add-on for now.

Installed, and a couple of errors found ...

Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined index: map_location - library/Crispin/UserMap/ControllerPublic/UserMap.php:18
Generated By: Mouth, 1 minute ago
Stack Trace
#0 library/Crispin/UserMap/ControllerPublic/UserMap.php(18): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '...', 18, Array)
#1 library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): Crispin_UserMap_ControllerPublic_UserMap->actionIndex()
#2 library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#3 index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#4 {main}
Odd. Can you see if a custom-field called Map Location (The id should be map_location) has been created? Not sure if this is still visible with the add-on disabled.
I will create a clean test sit today and try a fresh install.

Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Access level to Borbole_Welcome_DataWriter_User::_postSave() must be public (as in class Crispin_UserMap_DataWriter_User) - library/Borbole/Welcome/DataWriter/User.php:0
Generated By: Sibi, 3 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
... this one being critical because it's stopping actions like avatar uploads, user merges, registrations, logins, etc. Multiples of this error in only the few mins since install.

Disabled the add-on for now.
I assume you have a add-on called BorBole_Welcome? There is an incompatibility with that one and mine. I believe my method is correct (mine is public, theirs seems to be private) Happy to be corrected on this though.
Let me dig into it a bit and see what I can find.

Top Bottom