User Essentials [Paid] [Deleted]

• Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
S

Syndol

Syndol submitted a new resource:

User Essentials (version 1.0.0) - Useful user functions and options.

About:
This add-on provides useful user functions and options. Provide your members with additional username, thread, and post functions.
Once purchased, you are entitled to use this add-on on one (1) XenForo installation only and itmay not be resold, redistributed, or copied in whole or in part. Payment by PayPal...

Read more about this resource...

Sounds good.

Note: this version does not provide post edit history.

Implying planned for another version ?

About Thread Title Edit and Thread Prefix Edit, you will be able to edit with the inline edit ? (on the thread list, with the edit link)

If this add-on picks up, I might add post edit history but cannot promise anything.

No, the only way to edit the title and prefix is via the first post's 'more' option.
Most members do not know about the inline edit or the thread tools drop down menu and so decided not to go that route.

Well, most members do not know all the features, if you show them one time, they will use it, especially when the feature allows the action to be intuitive and fast.
I don't see any reasons to not allow it, unless an issue with the current code, so : any chance to add the inline edit ?

Well, I don't know and I don't think it's relevant here, the question would be more : you have an intuitive feature built in the core ready for modetarors, why can't be used for normal users ? At the end, just a matter of having several ways so depending the situation you can use the fastest/convenient way. Like, you're reviewing a thread list and you see few of your threads need to be changed, not really nice to have to go in each thread and editing when you could do it fastly on the thread list page by enabling an existing feature. All ways are useful.

The way I see it, the idea behind providing your members the ability to edit their thread title is to either permit them to correct a typo or to add to the text (or a prefix) at a future date (such as 'Resolved' or 'Sold').

Giving them an 'Edit' link beside each of their thread titles in the thread list would, in my opinion, encourage them to edit the title more often than is necessary or desired.

However, should at least 3 people who are actually interested in purchasing this add-on think that this is a must have, I would try to implement this feature.

I'm considering purchasing this for the ability to give my members to see "Edited by" notes when their post has been edited (by themselves or by a moderator). Does this message also appear when a post is deleted?

Not sure what you mean. If a post is deleted, the user can no longer see it.
If an Admin/Mod views a 'soft' deleted post which has been previously edited, then that message will still appear.
If you edit a 'soft' deleted post, then that message will also appear when viewing that deleted post.

Hey syndol, can you post a pic of the post edit please... so I can see what detail it shows with post editing.

Are there any limits on the recording of post editing? Example, if posts are allowed 100,000 characters, will your mod capture the entire post content comparison edit?

I seen the title version in your images, but would love to see the post version as to how easy or hard it is to read, scrollable I assume in the popup, etc???

This has fantastic account upgrade possibilities... my brain is now ticking.

Hi Anthony,
Currently, there is no post edit history with this add-on.
The log displays post edits the same way it does in the moderation log (name, date, thread title).

No sure what you mean. If a post is deleted, the user can no longer see it.
If an Admin/Mod views a 'soft' deleted post which has been previously edited, then that message will still appear.
If you edit a 'soft' deleted post, then that message will also appear when viewing that deleted post.
At present, the Admin/Mod can view the message, "This post was deleted by ******" and then a note as to the reason. I'd like this message to alos be seen by users as I was able to do with IPB and vBulletin. Users could only see the edit/deletion notice, not the deleted message.

I currently have no plans to include such a feature, as I do not see the benefits of it.
Telling people that you have deleted a post means that due to human nature, they will want to view it for themselves so that they may try to determine why it was deleted. This in turn means that you now need to provide a ‘View post’ link, which defeats the purpose of deleting it in the first place.
Why not use the warning system instead?

However, as with all my other add-ons, if at least 3 people who use the add-on request the same feature, I will attempt to include it.

I am not sure if I really need post edit history or the addon's current features but I will buy the addon if you add post edit history (for value :)).

Top Bottom