1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 User download after 10 post

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by wickedstangs, Apr 27, 2013.

1. wickedstangs

wickedstangs Well-Known Member

How can I setup new users, that have to post 10x's before they are allowed to download anything?

2. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Change the registered group so the View Attachments permission is set to Not Set (No). Create a user group that has View Attachments set to Yes. Then create a promotion so that members with at least 10 posts are promoted to this group.

wickedstangs likes this.
  3. wickedstangs

how can I test that it is working?

4. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

If you've set the permissions correctly then it will work. If you need to test it, create a test user to do this.

5. wickedstangs

Ok, just logged in with a new user and still see attachments:(

6. wickedstangs

ok, I think I got it.. I am getting errors now.. How can I let the user know he needs 10 post before doing anything?

7. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

You could use a notice that shows to new users telling them about any restrictions. You could also put the information in a page or post for users to read.

wickedstangs and Shelley like this.
  8. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

There is also an add-on which I use where you can set a 10 post limit on attachments which borbole provides that brings up an error message if the person hasn't reach the limit (you actually have the option to input your own error message) but it applies the limit globally to all attachments throughout the forum. http://www.forumservices.eu/xen/threads/number-of-posts-likes-to-view-attachments.76/ << if your looking for an alternative.

wickedstangs likes this.
  9. wickedstangs

wow, just doing this, All my lurkers are starting to post now.. Crazy...

10. wickedstangs

it doesn't have a place to register just log in?

11. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

borbole likes this.
  12. wickedstangs

" I have closed off the registrations." he no longer open to registrations.. Thanks anyway...

13. borbole

borbole Well-Known Member

I have closed the registrations but I am still selling my mods. You do not have to register at my forum to buy them. All you have to do is contact me in private.