1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot Reproduce URLs: url/page-1, page-0

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by Marcus, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Marcus

Marcus Well-Known Member

I have some forum.com/threads/page-1 accesses from googlebot. Workaround:

Search in route filter: threads/{threadid:digit}/page-1

Replace: threads/{threadid:digit}
  2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Both page-1 and page-0 should be returning a redirect to the link without the page.
  3. Marcus

Marcus Well-Known Member

I know, but they should not be existent. They must have be created within my forum in the first place.
  4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Do you have examples of where they've been generated? The code specifically never adds a page number param for page numbers <= 1. Without seeing how they've been generated, we couldn't fix it.

With the redirect in place, those route filters aren't necessary.
  5. Marcus

Marcus Well-Known Member

Honestly I can not reproduce this, I just noticed some links in Google Webmaster. I guess its just some addons going wild :)
  6. Marcus

Marcus Well-Known Member

If you don't have page-0 urls in your google webmaster account, then this is clearly some issue because of my third party addons and you should move this topic to resolved bugs :)
  7. chulapi

chulapi Member

What addons are you using? Do you have a lot of them? If not, maybe you can list them here so we can check. I think that this might hurt your SEO.
  8. Marcus

Marcus Well-Known Member

Honestly i did write some addons on my own, also manipulating routes. I guess if other developers dont find these entries, then its most likely an issue on my community. It's a very minor issue anyway.