Upgrading Add-ons

Tom1804

Hello there,

I currently work on a forum by the name of MassiveCraft (http://forums.massivecraft.com). The previous 'head' admin/manager was cast from the MassiveCraft community for reasons I shall not divulge. As the next in line, I became the Forum Manager. I have had some prior experience and am good at managing them based on the skills I was taught by my predecessor; however, I was never taught how to upgrade/install add-ons for the forums. I have FTP file access and the Admin Panel and I have read some documentation on how to do this, however it isn't very detailed.

If you visit the forums, posted above, you can see that they are outdated. The Forum BB Codes are outdated too, causing spoilers to break and other things such as this.

Would anyone be able to assist with this?

Tom an XF addon whether first install or upgrade, comes with a folder, or several, in its zip file.
Their folder names match the names of XF directories on the site.
You upload the contents of the folders to the matching directories on your XF.

Then you go to the addons section of the admin area, select Upgrade addon
and browse to the .xml file which also came with the addon
to upload it.
XF does the rest.

I am not clever at all this and I've done it.
Also each addon has a support thread. So if you get stuck ask for help on it.

Support here is quick and friendly.

Tom an XF addon whether first install or upgrade, comes with a folder, or several, in its zip file.
Their folder names match the names of XF directories on the site.
You upload the contents of the folders to the matching directories on your XF.

Then you go to the addons section of the admin area, select Upgrade addon
and browse to the .xml file which also came with the addon
to upload it.
XF does the rest.

I am not clever at all this and I've done it.
Also each addon has a support thread. So if you get stuck ask for help on it.

Support here is quick and friendly.
I'm glad I got a fast response.
I will do this now.
Thanks for your help.

Hello there,

I currently work on a forum by the name of MassiveCraft (http://forums.massivecraft.com). The previous 'head' admin/manager was cast from the MassiveCraft community for reasons I shall not divulge. As the next in line, I became the Forum Manager. I have had some prior experience and am good at managing them based on the skills I was taught by my predecessor; however, I was never taught how to upgrade/install add-ons for the forums. I have FTP file access and the Admin Panel and I have read some documentation on how to do this, however it isn't very detailed.

If you visit the forums, posted above, you can see that they are outdated. The Forum BB Codes are outdated too, causing spoilers to break and other things such as this.

Would anyone be able to assist with this?

FYI, you have a whopping 107 queries on the index. You might want to check on the addons and edits you are using as I have a lot more activity and a lot of addons but just about 15 queries.

Might as well turn off debug mode in config.php.

FYI, you have a whopping 107 queries on the index. You might want to check on the addons and edits you are using as I have a lot more activity and a lot of addons but just about 15 queries.
I have 107 mods on my forum and they generate about 75+ queries. How did you "slim down" these queries without modifying the addon code? Most of them are querying the same table so I suppose there's a way to compress all queries into one, but how?

Top Bottom