XF 2.2 Upgrading 2.1 to 2.2 what database queries can I run ahead of the upgrade to speed it up?

Stuart Wright

I ran a test upgrade on our sandbox from 2.1 to 2.2 and it took several hours. I'm guessing mainly because of the thread and post table alters. These tables currently have 2.1 and 24 million records.
I'd like to know whether I can run some ALTER TABLE queries on any tables ahead of the upgrade.
If so, what queries do you suggest I run?
Specifically in the xf_thread and xf_post tables, but also I'd like to set the thread types and type_configs in the xf_forum table.
Thanks

I ran a test upgrade on our sandbox from 2.1 to 2.2 and it took several hours.
I'll hop in here also. I am working on getting two large forums (actually, somewhat related to yours 😉) from 1.5 to 2.1, so I'll keep an eye on this as I plan on moving both to 2.2 once all of our add-ons are 2.2-ready. It's good to know ahead of time how the timing works out.

Hmm I've done an upgrade last month from XF 2.1 to 2.2 for a large forum (1.4+ million threads, 36+ million post, 1.5+ million attachment)
and it took 50 minutes only on CLI mode.

Maybe upgrade your server? or do the upgrade on much faster server (much faster CPU and Disk IO).

Top Bottom