Unresponsive login button and front page disappears

Divinum Fiat

Hi all,
I have a couple of technical issues. One of my members states that when she goes to the main site, not logged in, she can see the front page fine (xenporta). As soon as she logs in, however, the front page disappears and she can only go to the posts when she clicks on the forum link at the top. I am attaching a screen shot of what she sees.

The second technical glitch I have been experiencing for several months (since my forum's been hacked), and I can't figure out what this is. When I first go to my site and try to go to the "admin control panel," the login page appears with my login and password already filled out. However, when I click on the "login" button nothing happens. I can see the login button greying out for just a split second but the page stays where it is and never logs in. When I select a new window (I use Firefox), and try to log back into the admin control panel, the password is usually missing, I fill it out and the same thing happens, the page stays where it is and does not log me in. I then need to visit Yahoo, Google, etc., and a few minutes later go back to my forum, and then it works.

I also noticed that when I have unread posts (when I first login) and try to click on them, the page doesn't load, it stays there. I have to do the same as above. Go some places else and come back later.

This only happens the first time I log in each day. Once my computer is on and I've successfully had access to the admin control panel, all works fine.

Does any of this sound familiar?

Are you able to provide an administrator login in and I can take a look to see if I experience the same issues.

You mention that the site was hacked. Did you ensure any injected code was removed, if there was any?

From what I remember about the hack, it was the server itself that was hacked, and no code was injected. They were messing with her database tables and randomly deleting rows etc.

For the log in issue, as you sure you don't have an old incorrect admin password saved in the browser, and you just need to clear that out?

Yes, there were codes injected and in the end the backdoor was found and closed. The member who experiences this just started experiencing this a few weeks ago. She said she tried it with other computers and it does the same for her. Could it have something to do with xenporta?

Brogen, will send you a PM.

I have just logged in with no problems at all.
You may want to clear out your browser cache and saved passwords.
The same applies to the member having the problems as there is no indication of any issues with the forum.

Having said that, you have a lot of outdated templates so you really need to deal with those.
Revert them and re-apply your custom edits.

Thanks Brogen. Yes, I didn't think you'd have an issue logging in. It only does it first thing in the morning when I first log on. Not sure what that's all about. I have cleared my cache regularly and it has not made a difference for me. I will ask the member to do the same and hope that it will make a difference for her.

I don't know how to deal with outdated templates and re-applying custom edits but will get some help with that. Thank you for letting me know!

Thank you so much for your help!

For outdated templates, make a note of the edits you have made to each one - save the code in a text file or spreadsheet, etc.
Also make notes of where the edits are applied in each template.

Then revert the outdated templates and reapply your custom edits back in the same place.

Top Bottom