1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unity goes Xenforo :)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Xaron, May 8, 2014.

1. Xaron

Xaron Member

euantor and Jake Bunce like this.
  2. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

3. Arantor

Arantor Active Member

Hardly surprising, it wasn't a fun experience using vBulletin there :)

4. Moshe1010

Moshe1010 Well-Known Member

1M posts is not huge or even big board.

5. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

1.5 million posts and 223.000 threads in xenforo plus several hundreds of thousands of threads in AnswerHub.

6. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

Big, yes... huge, no. Contrary to what you're told, size does matter :whistle:

7. Moshe1010

Moshe1010 Well-Known Member

Never had a problem with that :D

Lisa likes this.
  8. Renegade

Renegade Well-Known Member

A forum with more members than thread? Or is it due to the AnswerHub setup.

9. RobParker

RobParker Well-Known Member

I'd say this is pretty huge...

There are currently 8502 users online. 1063 members and 7439 guests

10. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

I've seen much bigger forums :) I wasn't so much referring to the membercount as postcount anyway. I'd be more impressed if those figures were the other way around - 7439 members and 1063 guests lol

11. RobParker

Double the number of users online as digitalpoint and AVF added together...

Ultimately being busy is more important than the number of posts you keep in your database and that's a very busy forum.

RastaLulz and AzzidReign like this.
  12. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

Busy, I agree.. but the focus was on the 1 million posts in this thread, which is what I was referring to :p So I stand by the statement that it's big, but not huge :D

13. RobParker

The OP called it huge and didn't mention post count, someone else did. How busy it is and how many users they have make it huge.

RastaLulz likes this.
  14. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

I know the OP didn't.. but it was referenced in the thread. I don't know how many times I have to say I'm simply referring to the post count that was brought up in this thread.

Either way, congrats to Unity for making the switch - or on the cusp of making the switch.

15. RobParker

If I got the wrong idea it's because you quoted my post about the number of users online and said you'd seen far bigger forums. Out of interest, which XF forums have 10K+ users online?

16. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

I quoted you because you quoted me LOL

I don't really look at how many users are online at forums, I look at when the last posts were made :D

17. Markos

Markos Well-Known Member

IMHO the size and the "importance" of a community it's not determined by the number of threads. The number of registered members and the "average online users" is the most important factor. :)

RastaLulz, AzzidReign and RobParker like this.
  18. RobParker

Especially as some very big forums "prune" their posts regularly

19. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

But what if all those people are sitting online and not posting squat? (and no, I'm not claiming that's what is happening on Unity!)

<---- In the mood for playing devil's advocate today.

20. RobParker

They're generating thousands in ad income? They're obviously content there for them to be reading.