• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.2 Unable to upload images

tekgirl

My server was optimized a couple of days ago and ever since, my members cannot upload photos...here is the error message:

ErrorException: copy(/home/savannah/public_html/data/attachments/13/13763-41be5c14a7d384e0dc1f5b8e03a7e34f.jpg): failed to open stream: Permission denied - library/XenForo/Helper/File.php:217

Can someone please help? Photos are vital to my forum...

Thanks

Tracy Perry

My server was optimized a couple of days ago and ever since, my members cannot upload photos...here is the error message:

ErrorException: copy(/home/savannah/public_html/data/attachments/13/13763-41be5c14a7d384e0dc1f5b8e03a7e34f.jpg): failed to open stream: Permission denied - library/XenForo/Helper/File.php:217

Can someone please help? Photos are vital to my forum...

Thanks
Reset the permissions on your /data and /internal_data directory and all files/directories under them to 777 (775 may work).

Tracy Perry

Thanks...that had already been done...no go...
Double check... permission error typically means that something is either
A) resetting the permissions on those file/folders
B) the permissions were not changed recursively to 777/775

What exactly did they do to "optimize' your server?

tekgirl

Yes, I am speaking with them...thanks Andy...Tracey I have changed the permissions myself and they are all recursive...I had no idea they were going to do this and yes, they now need to fix it. Problem is I am on EST and the hosting company is in the UK...

The other aspect of the error is as follow...

xf-issue.jpg

tekgirl

LOL, Tracy! I fixed it myself...seems not all permissions were correct...I had gone through it all, but did it again :) So thanks for your help!