1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Unable to upload images

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by tekgirl, Jun 25, 2014.

1. tekgirl

tekgirl Active Member

My server was optimized a couple of days ago and ever since, my members cannot upload photos...here is the error message:

ErrorException: copy(/home/savannah/public_html/data/attachments/13/13763-41be5c14a7d384e0dc1f5b8e03a7e34f.jpg): failed to open stream: Permission denied - library/XenForo/Helper/File.php:217

Can someone please help? Photos are vital to my forum...

2. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Reset the permissions on your /data and /internal_data directory and all files/directories under them to 777 (775 may work).
  3. tekgirl

tekgirl Active Member

Thanks...that had already been done...no go...
  4. Tracy Perry

Double check... permission error typically means that something is either
    A) resetting the permissions on those file/folders
    B) the permissions were not changed recursively to 777/775

What exactly did they do to "optimize' your server?
  5. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

I suggest you talk with the person that "optimized" your server and ask him to reverse the changes. That should identify which change is causing the problem.
  6. tekgirl

tekgirl Active Member

Yes, I am speaking with them...thanks Andy...Tracey I have changed the permissions myself and they are all recursive...I had no idea they were going to do this and yes, they now need to fix it. Problem is I am on EST and the hosting company is in the UK...

The other aspect of the error is as follow...

7. Tracy Perry

Is this a VPS or a shared hosting environment? It appears that you are with Nimbus?
  8. tekgirl

tekgirl Active Member

It is a VPS...and the issue is now resolved...thank you all! And yes, I am with Nimbus...
  9. Tracy Perry

Well, don't tease us!!!!
    What turned out to be the problem, or did they tell you?
  10. tekgirl

tekgirl Active Member

LOL, Tracy! I fixed it myself...seems not all permissions were correct...I had gone through it all, but did it again :) So thanks for your help!