UI.X

UI.X 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
I don't like the user experience of the arrows. I think more people expect to be able to just hover over the link, not just the arrow. Any idea what file/code I can look at to try and tweak?

By separate packages and file directory? Example for Drift, not a child theme anymore?

No will include dependent themes for now, but it will change soon. As I mentioned before, no one should have anything to worry about. Dependent themes are really only needed by developers who highly customize their forum, use the theme on multiple sites, etc.

I don't like the user experience of the arrows. I think more people expect to be able to just hover over the link, not just the arrow. Any idea what file/code I can look at to try and tweak?

Its likely core JS that would need to be tweaked.

Reactions: rdn
Right, but you have to guess at the color codes. Just like there are default settings for the AD Styler, could there be default Color Chooser options in the ACP?

You can find the colour codes in js\audentio\ad_styler\2.0\styles\uix . Open up the relevant .si file with a txt editor.

However, I am going to have a developer license which will be a subscription. This is for people who truly understand and appreciate what UI.X is.

You can count me as a future dev licence holder but my question is what's gonna happen to people owning multiple licence (like me).

Also, you said sometimes ago that you will add postbits to every theme (If I'm right). With this new system will you release a megapack countaining every customizations allowing us to choose for example the Class header, the Quark navigation etc...? If not, will it be possible to use Quark postbits on vanilla UI.X? (for example). I mean havig every formerly-child theme is fine but if we can't use elements from them, what's the point ^^

Also, If I'm right, will UI.X simply disappear as a unique theme since it won't be needed by any child theme?

Well, everything above is fine but I found some bugs ith UI.X and the mobile version.

-The login link is invisible when you choose to display it into the navBar. Some users reported me that using android and I tested it with my iOs and I also have this problem.
- Every tabs deleted for the desktop version are still visible in the mobile version. Is it possible to do something or do I have to remove it twice?

You can count me as a future dev licence holder but my question is what's gonna happen to people owning multiple licence (like me).

Also, you said sometimes ago that you will add postbits to every theme (If I'm right). With this new system will you release a megapack countaining every customizations allowing us to choose for example the Class header, the Quark navigation etc...? If not, will it be possible to use Quark postbits on vanilla UI.X? (for example). I mean havig every formerly-child theme is fine but if we can't use elements from them, what's the point ^^

Also, If I'm right, will UI.X simply disappear as a unique theme since it won't be needed by any child theme?

Well, everything above is fine but I found some bugs ith UI.X and the mobile version.

-The login link is invisible when you choose to display it into the navBar. Some users reported me that using android and I tested it with my iOs and I also have this problem.
- Every tabs deleted for the desktop version are still visible in the mobile version. Is it possible to do something or do I have to remove it twice?

Well since owning multiple licenses just means you get updates to them annually unless you purchase an updated license, this shouldn't affect multiple license holders. You do not have to get a developer account if you don't want, but if you do you get access to all products.

There will be new postbit styles soon. We just talked about them yesterday. We have a huge release involving the search bar coming shortly and some new navigation styles. But postbits are one of the next things on the list. Before that though I think we are going to work on making some new themes. We have 3-4 designs done, will post them soon.

UI.X will not disappear, never will so long as we are still in business. UI.X is still a style on its own, 90% or more of the license holders use it with a few customizations. Its great for people who want a vanilla approach to their website, kind of like bootstrap does.

-- The login link issue is fixed.
-- Not sure what you mean by deleted tabs. We do not delete tabs in UI.X.

I checked into these and its the colors for the AD Styler. I'm trying to find the codes for the Color Picker options like Sloth, Greed, etc..

Check the uix_adStyler_colorPalette template.

I found two things.
uixbug1.png

And also one with XenPorta. The background of the date is transparent.
uixbug2.png

The second isn't a bug. If you take a look at http://8wayrun.com/ you will see that the date is outside the block. There is an option to push the date out of the block.

There will be new postbit styles soon. We just talked about them yesterday. We have a huge release involving the search bar coming shortly and some new navigation styles. But postbits are one of the next things on the list. Before that though I think we are going to work on making some new themes. We have 3-4 designs done, will post them soon.

what about the previews you promised some weeks ago on this forum ;) Like what you are doing at the moment, kind of a devblog ;) I'll love to see something like that soon

-- Not sure what you mean by deleted tabs. We do not delete tabs in UI.X.

For example
li.navTab.members.Popup.PopupControl.PopupClosed.PopupContainerControl {
display: none !important;
}
will works on desktop mode but not in mobile mode :( What is the correct syntax in that case?

The second isn't a bug. If you take a look at http://8wayrun.com/ you will see that the date is outside the block. There is an option to push the date out of the block.
Possibly he was talking about the transparent aspect of the background behind the date.. That little nuance has always bothered me but im not sure who is responsible for fixing it.

Whats the first picture of?
The 6 from robots is pushed onto the next line. No matter if I stretch the page across my 2nd monitor. It always stays on the second line.
I know there is an option. The space behind the number in the date is transparent though. What can I do to make it more like this?
whitebg.png

This one has a white background. Like @FredC said.

I checked on your website and I can tell you it's not a bug ;) I think that you modified the sidebar secondaryContent by adding a background;none; Have a look into the ACP and it should be ok soon :)
8Wg6k.png

Well, you didn't modify that yourself, my bad. But you can find this line on uix.css line 527
8Wrr2.png

If I were you I would add these lines into Extra.css in order to do what you want

#recentNews .newsDate {background:red}
#recentNews .newsMonth {border-radius:0px;}

8WrWw.png

you will lose the radius (if you want to keep it you will need to modify the template recentNews) but I think it will be fine :)

Well, you didn't modify that yourself, my bad. But you can find this line on uix.css line 527
8Wrr2.png

If I were you I would add these lines into Extra.css in order to do what you want

#recentNews .newsDate {background:red}
#recentNews .newsMonth {border-radius:0px;}

8WrWw.png

you will lose the radius (if you want to keep it you will need to modify the template recentNews) but I think it will be fine :)
Thanks for the help! I made some changes to EXTRA.css and EWRporta_recentNews and now it looks sweet!
0KILmiI.png

Top Bottom