UI.X

UI.X 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
@Audentio I know that there are css solutions for that but I would like to ask if theres smth out of the box or some way that UI.X let me doing it:

I want to set a forum title/icon size and if the title doesn't fit the resolution, make the font a size that will fit the screen.

Im asking for that because if the user comes from mobile devices, the thread title ( two words + icon in my case ) break the line and get really weird.. Whereas if I set a font size to fit into responsive browser, it get so smal on default browsers.

My idea is: Set font like 72 and in case of this size is big enoguh to break the line, adjust it.

Yeah, just trying to wrap my head around all of this :) and thank you. As the node style in UI.X is much different than other styles, This format wouldn't work obliviously in a normal non-side by side format?

Not sure I understand the question. Node style just means (at the moment) columns and soon category columns. I did have column categories working, but it wasn't browser compatible and had a few snags. Will revisit them later.

Friend what font was used in the logo ?

I want to say it is Open Sans Extra Bold.

Where is located the box-shadow we can see when we scroll down the page with the navTab fixed at the top of the page? I wanna put the same box-shadow to the navtabs all the time but I can't get it working.

Its hard coded. Not everything we made style properties. But that CSS would be:

Code:
.hasHeaderFixed .activeHeaderSticky.activeHeaderStickyNotTouching #navigation .pageContent {
  box-shadow: [your value here]
}

How would I go about updating the theme to the latest release? :)

It all depends on how you handled the installation and customization. But read this here for my best suggestions: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/proper-theme-installation-upgrading-and-usage.2942/

Awesome.

More of a feature request than a bug, but I need to make some changes to #QuickSearchPlaceholder so it is more visible against my full-width header.

These changes need to be reset when the header is fixed and the icon is alongside the alerts and inbox.. which requires duplicating the original values with .hasHeaderFixed.hasSearch .activeHeaderSticky #QuickSearchPlaceholder.

Would be really nice if there was .hasHeaderFixed.hasSearch .inactiveHeaderSticky (for lack of a better name) so I could apply my changes to just the regular header and not have to reset them for the fixed header.

Ill add this to the feature list, good idea. I'm not a fan of :not() either, but you can use that for now.

@Audentio I know that there are css solutions for that but I would like to ask if theres smth out of the box or some way that UI.X let me doing it:

I want to set a forum title/icon size and if the title doesn't fit the resolution, make the font a size that will fit the screen.

Im asking for that because if the user comes from mobile devices, the thread title ( two words + icon in my case ) break the line and get really weird.. Whereas if I set a font size to fit into responsive browser, it get so smal on default browsers.

My idea is: Set font like 72 and in case of this size is big enoguh to break the line, adjust it.

Not sure I understand what you are asking. Do you mean a font that dynamically changes size based on the width of the browser? If so, this cannot be done without javascript. And it is not a simple solution.

Not sure I understand what you are asking. Do you mean a font that dynamically changes size based on the width of the browser? If so, this cannot be done without javascript. And it is not a simple solution.

I have found solutions like FlowType.JS and FitText that uses some scripts.. I no longer see how it would be better than Viewport Sized Typhograhy that only use a CSS3 based solution

Talking about your framework use case from members who doesn't use images as titles funt fonts+ texts, how they usually configure it?

I have found solutions like FlowType.JS and FitText that uses some scripts.. I no longer see how it would be better than Viewport Sized Typhograhy that only use a CSS3 based solution

Talking about your framework use case from members who doesn't use images as titles funt fonts+ texts, how they usually configure it?
A lot of these systems require em units, which XenForo doesn't use anywhere afaik, not really at least.

I'm having issues on mobile browsers. Any browser I choose on either of my Android devices aren't respecting the styler scheme.

For instance, my background color is white on the mobile browsers (dark grey on the desktop), the folder colors/fonts are light blue (not selected anywhere in my theme), and even the green bars don't seem to be the right shade.

If I adjust this in the main properties of the theme, the colors are accepted correctly.

See attached... any thoughts?

Desktop: desktop_uix.webp

Phone: phone_uix.webp

I'm having issues on mobile browsers. Any browser I choose on either of my Android devices aren't respecting the styler scheme.

For instance, my background color is white on the mobile browsers (dark grey on the desktop), the folder colors/fonts are light blue (not selected anywhere in my theme), and even the green bars don't seem to be the right shade.

If I adjust this in the main properties of the theme, the colors are accepted correctly.

Desktop: View attachment 70827

Phone: View attachment 70828
Ad styler scheme are not carried out on different browser's so it's expected.

Desktop: View attachment 70827

Phone: View attachment 70828

There is a variable that allows you to change the max width that the styler works on. It works up to 768px. Just blank it out I think and it should work on mobile.

Ad styler scheme are not carried out on different browser's so it's expected.

As far as I know, the styler works fine everywhere.

I mean the custom style you change on the ad styler (front end) will not be carried on other browser?

I mean the custom style you change on the ad styler (front end) will not be carried on other browser?
Oh, correct! Yes the styler is only local. I asked Waindigo a while back to build a plugin for us so it would follow you where ever you went by use of a database, but he was too busy. Some day we will build this. :P

Ahh... that was the problem, hitting a minimum styler width.

I know the AD settings aren't carried across browsers, but the default AD style is still the default style - and that style wasn't getting picked up. Thanks.

I have a couple things I'd like to do... Is there a way, without a template modification, to replace the "started on" date in the discussions view of a forum with a boxed page #1? So it'd look like:
THREAD TITLE
Thread Starter 1 ... 4 5 6

I'm trying to avoid modifying templates in order to keep the upgrade process cleaner but I'm not finding any options around that second discussion line. Forgive me if this is elementary, I'm a server/network guy who is trying to save a little of his design budget for other things :)

Also, as much as I love most of the design choices in UI.X, I hate the quote boxes so I'll be looking to modify those but I know that can be done straight through CSS.

Are there issues on the main audentio site ? In profile i was updating contact info but would not save certain information and posted some custom work but no replies so not even sure if they went through either. When i tried to contact the designer of UI.X "mike" it said i had not activated my account yet but i have. Hopefully the great designers are just busy and the site is ok. (too much business is a great problem to have.. :-) Just eager to get the site done so i can move it and go live.

@Audentio
How do you change the Navigation Height permanently, I have changed the fixed navigation height but this only works when the navbar fixes to the top of the browser.

I have also checked navigation at top however when a user scrolls up or refreshes the page it returns to the default size, just for a few seconds before snapping back to the setting in the style properties. It's probably a bug but it would be good to get it fixed.

Is it possible to add the search bar on the fixed navTab the same way Twitter does? I'm about to have something really nice but I can't find a way to achieve that ^^'

7TDHq.png

Reactions: rdn
Any idea how one would go about adding in an IF statement to change the pageWidth to be different depending on the node type? I want the forum pages to be stretched 99% but all other nodes to be restricted to a max-width pixel setting. Just not sure the proper way to do it.

Ok, I'm doing something wrong here. Where do I change the link color of the selected navigation tab text? Also, the hover color of the selected tab sub-links?

I just upgraded to the newest version of UI.X and it seems the primaryColor controls the selected navigation tab link color, as well as various other links (like the last posted by link in the node list). Can those link colors be changed independently without having to jump in a bunch of templates?

Does anyone know how to make the theme nodes not be side by side and make them go under each other like regular Xenforo?

Top Bottom