UI.X 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
The way my styles are setup are as follows:

• UI.X (base skin - untouched)
    • My Custom Style
      • UI.X Dark (base skin - untouched)
        • My Custom Style - Dark Version
Is that what you mean?

Hmm. You should be perfect then. There might be some things that need reverting, but I think your way is the most or second most correct.

Well, I use xenBlock and it uses the UI.X framework, so would I have to update the UI.X framework? And is there an update for xenBlock coming out?

If you want to take advantage of the new features, yes you will have to. Not to mention xenBlock 1.2.4.0 running UI.X 1.2.3.0 might not work too well. I recommend updating both, there are awesome new features and bug fixes available.

Are there any upgrade instructions when attempting to keep old theme modifications? I've had to redesign 3 times now, would suck if I had to do that again xP

Are there any upgrade instructions when attempting to keep old theme modifications? I've had to redesign 3 times now, would suck if I had to do that again xP

Export the XML. Install fresh UI.X. Import custom XML as child of UI.X Fresh.

---how I have done it...

Or move child under Fresh Install... done things that way too...

Not sure best practice. hah.

It is important to keep in mind that my upgrade instructions are what I would do. There are numerous ways to upgrade, it all just comes down to what is most comfortable for you. I doubt, regardless of what you do, the skin will cease to function, but the main thing is you might not benefit from new features since somethings may need reverting for them to work. This is the nature of the style property system.

An update? Who knew....
If you are pointing out how long it took, sorry, but I'm telling you you'll see it was worth all the time we spent on it.

There is no 'right' way, but as I've mentioned, here is what I would do:

1. For fun/why not/its a good idea to - back up your current version of UI.X and customizations as well as any sub-skins. Don't forget the images in case you modified those

2. Install UI.X fresh (call it UI.X New if you want).

3. Since there are new files (and many old as well), it is always a good idea to delete the contents of:
  • /ROOT/styles/uix/
  • /ROOT/js/audentio/uix/
But you can just overwrite too, won't hurt much (depending on what you did on the old version(s) of UI.X they might not work as expected anymore, hence the backup you made including files)

4. Upload the contents of /Upload/ from the new UI.X release

5. If you made a sub-skin or child skin of UI.X, you can try exporting it and reimporting it as a child of the new UI.X

6. If you did not, I recommend manually moving the changes you made to a new style.

7. Use some version control editing program (I use winmerge to compare contents of two templates or files) to see what all you changed in your version and what is new in the new version of UI.X

No, not at all Mike. Kinda laughing at how the thread blew up... hahaha. Just goes to show how revered this framework is.
Thank you sir! I am sorry it took so long though. We can sometimes be irritably ridiculous in our quest to squash bugs and make the framework as usable as possible.

Thank you sir! I am sorry it took so long though. We can sometimes be irritably ridiculous in our quest to squash bugs and make the framework as usable as possible.

I don't mind, really. Especially knowing the work you were putting in. Now on to learn new things with 1.2.4

I downloaded xenBlock 1.2.4.0 but it didn't contain UI.X 1.2.4.0 as xenBlock 1.2.3.x did. Is that the way it's supposed to be?
Yes I was waiting to make a few more announcements but this one is my favorite, here goes:

You can now buy all sub-products as stand-alone licenses. So say you want to purchase xenBlock? You need to buy UI.X ($30) and xenBlock ($10). Do you already own UI.X and want UI.X Dark for $5? No problem you can buy it as such directly from our shop.

Expect a lot more very cheap $5 and $10 themes coming soon!

Yes I was waiting to make a few more announcements but this one is my favorite, here goes:

You can now buy all sub-products as stand-alone licenses. So say you want to purchase xenBlock? You need to buy UI.X ($30) and xenBlock ($10). Do you already own UI.X and want UI.X Dark for $5? No problem you can buy it as such directly from our shop.

Expect a lot more very cheap $5 and $10 themes coming soon!

What if I already owned xenBlock...do I now have to pay another $30 for UI.X now??

No you do not. We are working on updating every one's account. Create a ticket with me at audentio.com so I can verify purchase details and will get you the update.
Yeah that is somewhat confusing Mike. For example i have license for antiquark (which includes quark, anti quark and ui.x) but only one file is showing up i.e. antiquark.

previously there were zip files for each of them. Not really sure how to install that one file...

edit - ps ticket sent as well

I don’t see the Font Awesome in Firefox. This might not have anything to do with UIX as I can see them in Chrome. Any idea of why this might be?

The collapse categories is now on the left side. I don’t recall if this is something that needs changing. In the last one it was at the right side.
collapse.webp

Thanks...ticket sent. :)

Responded.

Yeah that is somewhat confusing Mike. For example i have license for antiquark (which includes quark, anti quark and ui.x) but only one file is showing up i.e. antiquark.

previously there were zip files for each of them. Not really sure how to install that one file...

edit - ps ticket sent as well

Our developer is working on a script to update everyone who bought child products to also include UI.X. We will have the update hopefully tomorrow. Was hoping to have it by now but have been so busy.

In the meantime, anyone who owns a sub-product needs to contact us through the ticket system and we will send you the update manually until tomorrow.

Top Bottom