UI.X

UI.X 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
@Audentio , you having problems with your cart again? Whenever I try to download the latest by clicking on the link it redirects me to the homepage.... Thanks.

Same problem here but now, the site tell me that the download doesn't exist

Edit : Problem solved :)

Last edited:
Sorry guys, the developer spotted it and fixed it earlier today. The problem was UI.X. No periods allowed in our downloads, was all my fault for trying to have a creative product name :P

Audentio updated UI.X with a new update entry:

General updates and improvements

Hey all,

Time for another update. The gist of this update is aesthetic, but some bug fixes as well.

• Modal Boxes *might* be fixed. I didn't fully test it, but they work on my demo. I went about doing the login box differently, and it's restyled like any modal form. (Link - Thanks @MattW )
  • Login link completely redone so it fits perfectly responsive-wise....

Read the rest of this update entry...

I have customized ui.x A LOT. If I upgrade, will I lose anything?
Depends. I recommend you install it either on a demo site and/or on your site but do NOT overwrite. Rather, make a copy of your customizations (hopefully you created a child theme so you can just easily switch it over to make things compatible) and make it a child of the new version of UI.X.

Just updated. Since I did not really customized yet, I've overwritten the style.
Some thoughts (EDIT: just as note, I'm using 1256px width and panel is at right):
  • The navigation is no more fixed. It doesn't follow at the top when I scroll down. Tried to [un]ticked options, nothing works. Something is broken or I don't understand (Latest Chrome version, windows 7) For some reason, it's working now...
  • You should make a transparent or blank background color for avatar because it's kind of ugly to have a blue color when you have an avatar with some transparency. Also it leads to an issue when you don't choose rounded avatar, you will see a blue border around it.
  • On index, when you have a category with one forum, inside the box, the last post informations are aligned to the top instead to be vertically aligned.
  • The link color, a light grey, should really be changed for readability. I've looked more or less everywhere, and it's hard sometimes to read them. Also in a post, it doesn't look good as background color is already grey. I would use something more near to blue.
  • The font size for node title should be really increased. Like in XF, if you use 12pt instead, it looks way better.
  • Not sure if by design, but there is no padding for the content inside a code bbcode. It's kind of disturbing.
  • In a the bottom bar on index, it misses some spaces between the style and language. Right now, I see for example "UI.XEnglish (US)"
  • In /personal-details the category title needs some adjustments. A light grey color for a black background color doesn't look good and hard to read. I would use the same setting as "Your account" for consistency and to look better.
EDIT:
  • I've noticed this : after modifying some color in Palette Color, If I try to revert, it uses the original XF color, is it expected ?
  • Which follows this issue : I wanted to update again the style (overwriting) to put back the original colors, and now I get :
    Code:
    Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate entry '6-uix_primaryColor' for key 'definition_style_id_property_name'

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
    Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1612
    XenForo_DataWriter->_insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1601
    XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1393
    XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/Model/StyleProperty.php at line 2358
    XenForo_Model_StyleProperty->importStylePropertiesFromArray() in XenForo/Model/StyleProperty.php at line 2270
    XenForo_Model_StyleProperty->importStylePropertyXml() in XenForo/Model/Style.php at line 530
    XenForo_Model_Style->importStyleXml() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Style.php at line 182
    XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Style->actionImport() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /srv/d_cs-amx/www/cs-amx.fr/htdocs/admin.php at line 13
    What to do now ?

That's all for now. :p

Last edited:
Just updated. Since I did not really customized yet, I've overwritten the style.
Some thoughts (EDIT: just as note, I'm using 1256px width and panel is at right):
  • The navigation is no more fixed. It doesn't follow at the top when I scroll down. Tried to [un]ticked options, nothing works. Something is broken or I don't understand (Latest Chrome version, windows 7) For some reason, it's working now...
  • You should make a transparent or blank background color for avatar because it's kind of ugly to have a blue color when you have an avatar with some transparency. Also it leads to an issue when you don't choose rounded avatar, you will see a blue border around it.
  • On index, when you have a category with one forum, inside the box, the last post informations are aligned to the top instead to be vertically aligned.
  • The link color, a light grey, should really be changed for readability. I've looked more or less everywhere, and it's hard sometimes to read them. Also in a post, it doesn't look good as background color is already grey. I would use something more near to blue.
  • The font size for node title should be really increased. Like in XF, if you use 12pt instead, it looks way better.
  • Not sure if by design, but there is no padding for the content inside a code bbcode. It's kind of disturbing.
  • In a the bottom bar on index, it misses some spaces between the style and language. Right now, I see for example "UI.XEnglish (US)"
  • In /personal-details the category title needs some adjustments. A light grey color for a black background color doesn't look good and hard to read. I would use the same setting as "Your account" for consistency and to look better.
EDIT:
  • I've noticed this : after modifying some color in Palette Color, If I try to revert, it uses the original XF color, is it expected ?
  • Which follows this issue : I wanted to update again the style (overwriting) to put back the original colors, and now I get :
    Code:
    Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate entry '6-uix_primaryColor' for key 'definition_style_id_property_name'

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
    Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1612
    XenForo_DataWriter->_insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1601
    XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1393
    XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/Model/StyleProperty.php at line 2358
    XenForo_Model_StyleProperty->importStylePropertiesFromArray() in XenForo/Model/StyleProperty.php at line 2270
    XenForo_Model_StyleProperty->importStylePropertyXml() in XenForo/Model/Style.php at line 530
    XenForo_Model_Style->importStyleXml() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Style.php at line 182
    XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Style->actionImport() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /srv/d_cs-amx/www/cs-amx.fr/htdocs/admin.php at line 13
    What to do now ?

That's all for now. :p
Eek.

First off, some of these style related issues I'll look at eventually. I don't think they require immediate action, as a lot of these are by design. If you can provide screens on some of these to show that they aren't showing up right, I'll have a better direction to go in.

As for the duplicate entry error, that is not good, but I haven't been able to replicate that. So, you revert the three UI.X-specific colors? (@uix_primaryColor, *secondary*, and *tertiary*)?

There are just suggestions, I will change for my board, but I'm rather "perfectionist" and I have a good eye to detect when something is off, just wanted to share. I can provide later some suggestions with screenshots for sure if it helps.

About the error, yes, I was playing with some colors like @primaryDarker and others colors ; then I've tried to revert all to get the original colors : 1) All colors reverted are from the XF theme (Isn't it by design, right?) ; 2) If I try to update and overwrite theme, I get this error. EDIT : Just tried and can't reproduce, I don't remember exactly what I've done, but for sure I've played with the color/reverting/inverting, such thing until I decided to update theme. Sorry to not being helpful, will try more and will see if I can reproduce.

There are just suggestions, I will change for my board, but I'm rather "perfectionist" and I have a good eye to detect when something is off, just wanted to share. I can provide later some suggestions with screenshots for sure if it helps.

About the error, yes, I was playing with some colors like @primaryDarker and others colors ; then I've tried to revert all to get the original colors : 1) All colors reverted are from the XF theme (Isn't it by design, right?) ; 2) If I try to update and overwrite theme, I get this error. EDIT : Just tried and can't reproduce, I don't remember exactly what I've done, but for sure I've played with the color/reverting/inverting, such thing until I decided to update theme. Sorry to not being helpful, will try more and will see if I can reproduce.
Thanks for reporting it, I will keep an eye out for that issue. I might not have set a correct default value or something.

If you try to change the sidebar width from Properties, let's say for example from 250px to 270px, the border doesn't appear.
Even if I change back manually to 250px, it doesn't appear. I have to make a "reset" to see the border appearing.
As note if I add manually the border in CSS, it's working always.
It would seem the macro @uix_primaryBorder.border, or whatever it's called, doesn't insert code on update.

I didn't know this, but the pagination links are a fixed width. I simply increase the width slightly. The quick fix is to go to Style Properties > Page Nav, Link Groups and Tabs > Settings > @pageNavLinkWidth -> 24 (or so, 24 is what I will patch UI.X with).

If you try to change the sidebar width from Properties, let's say for example from 250px to 270px, the border doesn't appear.
Even if I change back manually to 250px, it doesn't appear. I have to make a "reset" to see the border appearing.
As note if I add manually the border in CSS, it's working always.
It would seem the macro @uix_primaryBorder.border, or whatever it's called, doesn't insert code on update.

Just tested changing the width, seems to work fine. Can you show me how to reproduce this?

Sure.

Max Page Width : 1256px
  1. Before :
    BufaQRi.png
  2. Setting new width :
    IGbqy37.png
  3. After :
    6tj5XdG.png

Looking at source code, border CSS code is not inserted.
It seems like you're going to hit issues if you don't use original 976px width.

I didn't know this, but the pagination links are a fixed width. I simply increase the width slightly. The quick fix is to go to Style Properties > Page Nav, Link Groups and Tabs > Settings > @pageNavLinkWidth -> 24 (or so, 24 is what I will patch UI.X with).
Still not quite right
image.webp

Okay, found it.

Make sure Page Nav Container and Page Nav / Link Group Container style properties under category Page Nav, Link Groups, and Tabs have the same line-height. I suggest 18px. If you want it at 16px, you might need to take the font-size down a bit for the page nav.

Okay, found it.

Make sure Page Nav Container and Page Nav / Link Group Container style properties under category Page Nav, Link Groups, and Tabs have the same line-height. I suggest 18px. If you want it at 16px, you might need to take the font-size down a bit for the page nav.
Nope, still not working correctly. The left arrow isn't displaying correctly either
pagination.webp

Hello, in my quest to customize UI.X, I'm facing a problem with the forum node style. I'm using the option 1 (side by side) but it seems that the last message is not at the right place (with the option 0, it's still at the wrong place). I'm also using the Waindigo addon, Last Post Avatar but there is exactly the same problem and it's really ugly ^^. I found how to solve this issues, but I don't know which template to modify :/

without Last Post Avatar : http://puu.sh/4jkzq
with Last Post Avatar : http://puu.sh/4jkCK
Way to solve that : http://puu.sh/4jkUq.png

Top Bottom