UI.X

UI.X 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
I would like to add a new navigation tab called What's New, which would lead to updated threads. I would also like to rename the Forums drop down menu to Advanced. Could anyone tell me how to do that?

I have installed the Nodes As Tabs add-on, and it seems to be an overkill if you just need to add a link to the Nav Pane. I don't want to litter my database with empty nodes or alter node numbers for actual sub-forums that may be created in the future. Editing a template seems to be a much cleaner solution.

I'd like to prevent a specific navtab from disappearing on responsive. It's my 'premium' tab - None of my mobile users ever click it as it's hidden out of the way at the bottom on off canvas navigation. Last month, 100% of my premium subscriptions were from desktop, and I'd like to prevent this tab from being removed on responsive layout on mobile. How can I do this?

I'd like to prevent a specific navtab from disappearing on responsive. It's my 'premium' tab - None of my mobile users ever click it as it's hidden out of the way at the bottom on off canvas navigation. Last month, 100% of my premium subscriptions were from desktop, and I'd like to prevent this tab from being removed on responsive layout on mobile. How can I do this?
Best way is to actually copy the code and have it display only in mobile views. There isn't a way to just select it with a piece of code, there will need to be new style rules in CSS.

Hey, Im missing the register with social network on registration page.. Is it possible to activate somewhere ? They only appear in login window.

Hey, Im missing the register with social network on registration page.. Is it possible to activate somewhere ? They only appear in login window.
Hello, we don't have a setting to do what you're asking for at this time. At least to allow folks to register with their social media accounts on the registration page, for now, your users can just click the buttons that appear on the login window. But, with a bit of customization. I am sure it could be done.

Would the following be the best way to organize the themes if I want a light and dark theme?

UI.X
--UI.X (with customizations like ads in templates)
----UI.X
----UI.X Dark

Try opening uix.css and finding "a:link {word-break: break-all;}" and removing that line. Will see why that got added in the last release and see about getting it removed from the next one :)

Just wanted to let you know this fixed it. Will this be fixed in next release or was there a reason this was added?

I seem to be missing some settings, or I am doing something wrong.
See attached. Newly installed ui.x theme. Is that all I should be seeing out of the box?
Where are the options for Sidebar, global settings, logo, advertisements, etc?
Or are they extra add-ons? (Hope not).
Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• Capture.webp
    Capture.webp
    39.1 KB · Views: 14
I seem to be missing some settings, or I am doing something wrong.
See attached. Newly installed ui.x theme. Is that all I should be seeing out of the box?
Where are the options for Sidebar, global settings, logo, advertisements, etc?
Or are they extra add-ons? (Hope not).
Thanks a lot.
Hi there! Looks like you have the add-on installed, but not the theme. Take a quick peek at our documentation here: https://www.themehouse.com/help/documentation/uix

There is a quick blurb on getting properly installed. If you still need help please feel free to create a ticket :)

Hm...just to be clear, please see the attached.
I had the impression that after installing the add-on, it downloaded (after a click or two) and installed the theme. The theme is active on the front-end right now.
Are you saying that's not thee full thing?

Attachments

• Capture2.webp
    Capture2.webp
    16.1 KB · Views: 14
Never mind. I needed to go to Styles and click on Style Properties by the selected theme. Thanks.

Attachments

• Capture3.webp
    Capture3.webp
    10.6 KB · Views: 11
Hi Mike,

Sometimes I'm asked to install your products for my clients.

Generally I have found the add on to be quite problematic in installing and updating styles. Sometimes, it requests that permissions be adjusted (fair enough), but then when these permissions are adjusted it still says the permissions need to be adjusted. Then when trying to install a style, an error like this comes up:

Screen Shot 2017-06-03 at 6.19.52 pm.webp

I don't know why you have this whole API / automatic install and upgrade process in place when half the time it doesn't work reliably. I don't know how others are finding it, but installing and upgrading a style should not be this difficult and problematic. In most situations, I end up reverting to the manual installation. Aren't you trying to make it easy for your customers?

From my experience, other designers here provide frameworks and styles that don't require an add on to be installed, and they have a much higher success rate and are far easier to maintain.

I hope you take this constructively, and I am more than happy to discuss this further with you and provide further feedback. :)

Awesome theme! been using it for quite a while now.
Question tho, Any plans on adding the Discord button to social media? if not. is there a way to add custom socialmedia??

Thanks

Top Bottom