UI.X

UI.X 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
I have one final issue before I can get my site live..hopefully it will be an easy one to solve..

When in the XenForo admin section I go to Appearance => Tools => UI.X => Styles
And I can see theme theme I purchased with a big green install button to the right.

Once clicked it gives me 3 options.
Install automatically which tells me:
'It appears that your styles and js directories are not writable. Please recursively chmod them to 0666 while installation takes place.'
I chmod those directories to 0666, 0777, 0755 and none of that works and I get the same message.

With the second option: Install automatically with FTP:
I input my FTP details which when tested with FileZilla work. However it tells me my FTP details are incorrect.
I assume this may be to do with the port? I tried 0 and 21.

With the third option 'Install manually'
I upload the files from the downloaded zip into the correct location.
Then it tells me to select the .xml file which I do but it tells me this is not a valid XML Format.
Inside the 'addon-uix.xml' file is:
Starts with
<?xml
ends with:
</addon>

So I assume this is not correct XML?

Thanks for all the help people!!

This optional as the files aren't hurting anything, but I just wanted to let people know an easy way to remove them.

Are you planning on removing them from the current available download(s) or no? I doubt every user has SSH access. An alt to that is just search the style directory for "Icon" locally, delete them all (58 in drift, 56 drift dark, 52 UI.X IIRC), and then upload the style(s). That is unless you've updated via admin then I suppose its too late.

I'm also seeing 2 style-UI.X.xml files in the UI.X download. One is 900KB in root, the other in root of Upload/ 896KB.
Which one is the proper one to use?

Edit:

How can I get the post pagination progress bar to work? It's enabled, but I can't see it... even though the headers are sticky. What is wrong with it?

Is there something extra I have to do?

Last edited:
How do you disable the expand button?
e966c7a6d5.png

Last edited:
Using v1.0.9 of their addon with valid API key, XF 1.5.6 (PHP 5.6.19, MariaDB 5.5), Trying install/update a theme. Ran into an issue when trying to update a style, so tried it on a local clean test install, with same result as below.

I filed a ticked on this one already, but going to toss it out here in case someone has seen this before.

Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: ZipArchive::extractTo(C:\www/internal_data/temp/Upload/Icon ): failed to open stream: Invalid argument - library\Audentio\UIX\ControllerAdmin\UIXStyle.php:278
Generated By: admin, Yesterday at 5:41 AM

Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'ZipArchive::ext...', 'C:\\www\\library\\...', 278, Array)
#1 C:\www\library\Audentio\UIX\ControllerAdmin\UIXStyle.php(278): ZipArchive->extractTo('C:\\www/internal...', Array)
#2 C:\www\library\Audentio\UIX\ControllerAdmin\UIXStyle.php(177): Audentio_UIX_ControllerAdmin_UIXStyle->_startInstallation(23, false)
#3 C:\www\library\XenForo\FrontController.php(351): Audentio_UIX_ControllerAdmin_UIXStyle->actionInstall()
#4 C:\www\library\XenForo\FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#5 C:\www\admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#6 {main}

Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(52) "http://localhost/admin.php?uix-styles/install&pid=23"
  ["_GET"] => array(2) {
    ["uix-styles/install"] => string(0) ""
    ["pid"] => string(2) "23"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(3) {
    ["require_ftp"] => string(1) "0"
    ["_xfConfirm"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
  }
}

It doesn't seem that we had this problem prior to v1.0.9

(we can probably manually install, but we kind of liked using the addon to update stuff)

Edit: Added the error as displayed after pressing the 'Install' button from the UI.X style manager:

Code:
Server Error
ZipArchive::extractTo(C:\www/internal_data/temp/Upload/Icon ): failed to open stream: Invalid argument

[LIST=1]
[*]XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
[*]ZipArchive->extractTo() in C:\www\library\Audentio\UIX\ControllerAdmin\UIXStyle.php at line 278
[*]Audentio_UIX_ControllerAdmin_UIXStyle->_startInstallation() in C:\www\library\Audentio\UIX\ControllerAdmin\UIXStyle.php at line 177
[*]Audentio_UIX_ControllerAdmin_UIXStyle->actionInstall() in C:\www\library\XenForo\FrontController.php at line 351
[*]XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in C:\www\library\XenForo\FrontController.php at line 134
[*]XenForo_FrontController->run() in C:\www\admin.php at line 13
[/LIST]

Using v1.0.9 of their addon with valid API key, XF 1.5.6 (PHP 5.6.19, MariaDB 5.5), Trying install/update a theme. Ran into an issue when trying to update a style, so tried it on a local clean test install, with same result as below.

I filed a ticked on this one already, but going to toss it out here in case someone has seen this before.

Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: ZipArchive::extractTo(C:\www/internal_data/temp/Upload/Icon ): failed to open stream: Invalid argument - library\Audentio\UIX\ControllerAdmin\UIXStyle.php:278

Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'ZipArchive::ext...', 'C:\\www\\library\\...', 278, Array)
#1 C:\www\library\Audentio\UIX\ControllerAdmin\UIXStyle.php(278): ZipArchive->extractTo('C:\\www/internal...', Array)
#2 C:\www\library\Audentio\UIX\ControllerAdmin\UIXStyle.php(177): Audentio_UIX_ControllerAdmin_UIXStyle->_startInstallation(23, false)
#3 C:\www\library\XenForo\FrontController.php(351): Audentio_UIX_ControllerAdmin_UIXStyle->actionInstall()
#4 C:\www\library\XenForo\FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#6 {main}

Request State
array(3) {
  ["_GET"] => array(2) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(3) {
  }
}

(we can probably manually install, but we kind of liked using the addon to update stuff)

Edit: Added the error as displayed after pressing the 'Install' button from the UI.X style manager:

Code:
Server Error
ZipArchive::extractTo(C:\www/internal_data/temp/Upload/Icon ): failed to open stream: Invalid argument

[LIST=1]
[*]ZipArchive->extractTo() in C:\www\library\Audentio\UIX\ControllerAdmin\UIXStyle.php at line 278
[*]Audentio_UIX_ControllerAdmin_UIXStyle->_startInstallation() in C:\www\library\Audentio\UIX\ControllerAdmin\UIXStyle.php at line 177
[*]Audentio_UIX_ControllerAdmin_UIXStyle->actionInstall() in C:\www\library\XenForo\FrontController.php at line 351
[*]XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in C:\www\library\XenForo\FrontController.php at line 134
[/LIST]
I'm also having the same error pop up when I try to update UI.X from the addon.

Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info

Stack Trace
#6 {main}

Request State
array(3) {
  ["_GET"] => array(2) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(3) {
  }
}

Code:
Server Error

[LIST=1]
[/LIST]
I'm also having the same error pop up when I try to update UI.X from the addon.

Only thing changed in the add-on was a couple new options, nothing in the install/upgrade process was touched. Any chance you've made any server changes? PHP upgrade, etc?

Only thing changed in the add-on was a couple new options, nothing in the install/upgrade process was touched. Any chance you've made any server changes? PHP upgrade, etc?
Not sure about the other dude, but no changes have been made on our server (as far as I know)

Hey everyone been about 6 months since I updated to the latest version of UIX. Loving it, made a new simple theme from it and going well! I do have one issue I was hoping someone could help with. I have searched for about 2 hours trying to find a solution but can't. My thread prefixes are making my thread title go onto a second line. I don't want that, I have extended the boxes of create a thread and the message box. But the thread title is still staying there. Do you know in the UIX settings or a css property/ code that could fix this back onto one line at all?

Images are attached. :) I also have noticed my prefixes become huge when selected.

Attachments

• x1.webp
    x1.webp
    12.7 KB · Views: 18
  • x1.5.webp
    x1.5.webp
    12.6 KB · Views: 17
  • x2.webp
    x2.webp
    13.3 KB · Views: 17
@Mike Creuzer @Jake B. I upgraded to UI.X 1.5.6 today and the prefix issue when creating a thread that was mentioned back in January by me here

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/ui-x-paid.57944/page-302#post-1026494

and also reported by some other people still seems to have not been fixed (note I have checked that I don't have any outdated templates).

As you can see, the thread title is appearing underneath the prefix:

View attachment 130669

I've checked in the parent style of UI.X (which of course I do not edit) and the issue is in that too:

View attachment 130670

The issue of course does not occur in the default XenForo style:

View attachment 130668

I'd be grateful if you could look into this and issue a fix for this apparently outstanding bug. Thanks.

I'm experiencing the same issue.

Top Bottom