UI.X

UI.X 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
Just to be clear... Support is giving me the run around.. telling me they dont understand what I mean... Isnt the image I uploaded making sense?

Anyway...

Just so others understand what the update has done on my website... (the question thats being avoided here and on their support it seems)
Yeah.. kind of pissed of at support...

View attachment 130381

I just took another look at your ticket, nobody is giving you any sort of run around, and nobody is avoiding your question. The response that was given was:

Hello Mark,

I don't believe I understand what you mean. I have taken a look at your site, but do not see any background on your icons. I have attached an image to show what I am seeing.

Thanks,

-Ian

It does look like the attachment he was referring to didn't upload properly for some reason. However, I do not see this when viewing your site:
Screen%20Shot%202016-03-11%20at%2012.15.11%20PM.png

I'd recommend trying to clear your browser's cache and try to view again. If that does not fix the issue let us know what browser/OS you're using and we'll look into it with the same browser and OS to see if we can replicate it.

Last edited:
Just to be clear... Support is giving me the run around.. telling me they dont understand what I mean... Isnt the image I uploaded making sense?

Anyway...

Just so others understand what the update has done on my website... (the question thats being avoided here and on their support it seems)
Yeah.. kind of pissed of at support...

View attachment 130381
That problem is due to the AD Styler. It needs to be disabled.

@Jake B. got the issue resolved on the backstretch. Thing is, it worked fine before the update, so I don't know if that background color was applied in the update, or was something that I had set that did not cause an issue before the update.
I always clear any cache (redis/memcached) and restart the PHP processor and server just to make sure that it's not a cache issue before really complaining as I have had issues with cache causing DB updates not to take effect in the past (not just with UI.X but other add-ons also).
I've even gone so far as to revert the system from 7.0.3 of PHP to 5.6 series to trouble shoot before reporting something.

@i9hdkill - you may want to check and see if this is your issue also.
I will test this on my test enviroment later the day. Thanks for the hint. This might be it.

I will test this on my test enviroment later the day. Thanks for the hint. This might be it.

After digging into it more that background color is there because of the off-canvas animation style and removing that color causes the animation style to misbehave. Instead of removing the color, just set your selector for backstretch to '.mainPanelWrapper'

After digging into it more that background color is there because of the off-canvas animation style and removing that color causes the animation style to misbehave. Instead of removing the color, just set your selector for backstretch to '.mainPanelWrapper'
This only half working. Now the image is quite big and not scaled to the screensize like backstretch should do it normally.

Testsite: (1.5.6)
https://hexagonmc.eu/test/
(Default Backstretch + html image to get rid of the white flicker on site load + .mainPanelWrapper as Backstretch selector)
Livesite: (1.5.4)
https://hexagonmc.eu
(Default Backstretch + html image to get rid of the white flicker on site load)

This only half working. Now the image is quite big and not scaled to the screensize like backstretch should do it normally.

Testsite: (1.5.6)
https://hexagonmc.eu/test/
(Default Backstretch + html image to get rid of the white flicker on site load + .mainPanelWrapper as Backstretch selector)
Livesite: (1.5.4)
https://hexagonmc.eu
(Default Backstretch + html image to get rid of the white flicker on site load)
I think that you need to change your canvas panel animation. Backstretch in the way you are using it, commonly, requires body tag and nothing on top. Try changing that and clearing the backstretch selector field.

Thanks for the fast response. However I disabled the AD Styler.(I think it was automatically enabled after this update) I don't use it anyway. This brings back the old functionality.
Changed canvas animation from push to covered, nothing changed. Reveal broke it and gives a permanent white background.
But that's alright, as I am don't even know what this option is doing and don't use the ad styler anyway.
I will open a ticket if I change my mind and wanna use the ad styler without a broken background:)

One last question, I set up some links in my naviagation bar like this:
HTML:
<!-- Updates -->
                                    <li class="navTab PopupClosed"><a href="//hexagonmc.eu/updates/" class="navLink">Updates</a></li>
But when opening the website with a mobile device or resizing the browser window to a very small size, these links are no longer visible. Only Xenforo internal links like Forums and so on are showing up.
A simple way to change this?

I just took another look at your ticket, nobody is giving you any sort of run around, and nobody is avoiding your question. The response that was given was:

It does look like the attachment he was referring to didn't upload properly for some reason. However, I do not see this when viewing your site:
Screen%20Shot%202016-03-11%20at%2012.15.11%20PM.png

I'd recommend trying to clear your browser's cache and try to view again. If that does not fix the issue let us know what browser/OS you're using and we'll look into it with the same browser and OS to see if we can replicate it.

Understood...
I use the latest Firefox and W10
So when I uploaded the initial image to you on support, did it not upload properly.. if so, I do apologize... It looked like it did.

I did check on Opera and you are 100% correct.... It works fine on that....

It never occurred to me that in 2016 that browsers would still be playing funny buggers with CSS etc...

So is there a fix for FF users?

@Mike Creuzer

Hey Mike. I have a client, who just bought a style from you (actually two), but he'd like one refunded if possible.

That isn't the biggest problem. He is trying to log in to get the UI.X add-on so I can install the style, but he can't log in. He also can't reset his password, because that page seems broke.

Can you take a look please?

Scott

Is it possible for him to log into audentio? For me the site isn't broken and i can download the addon ..

Bildschirmfoto 2016-03-12 um 13.08.25.webp

Is it possible for him to log into audentio?

For some reason no. He logged in last night, when he bought the styles and downloaded them, but now it seems the password he has isn't valid. So he tried to reset it, but that page is broken.

Scott

Oh, it was actually three days ago, when my client bought the styles, not last night. (my mind playing tricks on me) He started a ticket the same evening asking for a refund for one of the styles he bought, which hasn't yet been answered. He hadn't started a ticket for this issue yet.

Scott

Oh, it was actually three days ago, when my client bought the styles, not last night. (my mind playing tricks on me) He started a ticket the same evening asking for a refund for one of the styles he bought, which hasn't yet been answered. He hadn't started a ticket for this issue yet.

Scott
I don't see any unanswered tickets as of the time you posted this claim. And if I don't know who it is I cannot do a more thorough check we have thousands of tickets.

Scott
Send me a pm with his email and I'll get the pw reset

I've tried to go through templates and css, and style settings (no much to change there), but i just can't find out how to change the gap between sidebar blocks :(

screenshot-xftest prteamwork com 2016-03-13 00-58-12.webp

Please help me, i'm loosing my nerves... I'm sure it's quite simple.

Thanks in advance!

Temexter

P.S. I still just love UI:X...

Top Bottom