UI.X

UI.X 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
Awesome theme! been using it for quite a while now.
Question tho, Any plans on adding the Discord button to social media? if not. is there a way to add custom socialmedia??

Thanks
I believe that is something we can add in the future yes, but I believe that adding it to your theme would require some customization. (ie: html, css, etc) If you'd like to add different social media URLs to your forum, navigate to you're administrative panel. Then navigate to Options -> [UI.X] Social Media.

Hi Mike,

Sometimes I'm asked to install your products for my clients.

Generally I have found the add on to be quite problematic in installing and updating styles. Sometimes, it requests that permissions be adjusted (fair enough), but then when these permissions are adjusted it still says the permissions need to be adjusted. Then when trying to install a style, an error like this comes up:

View attachment 153194

I don't know why you have this whole API / automatic install and upgrade process in place when half the time it doesn't work reliably. I don't know how others are finding it, but installing and upgrading a style should not be this difficult and problematic. In most situations, I end up reverting to the manual installation. Aren't you trying to make it easy for your customers?

From my experience, other designers here provide frameworks and styles that don't require an add on to be installed, and they have a much higher success rate and are far easier to maintain.

I hope you take this constructively, and I am more than happy to discuss this further with you and provide further feedback. :)
@Mike Creuzer

Sometimes, it requests that permissions be adjusted (fair enough), but then when these permissions are adjusted it still says the permissions need to be adjusted.

I think this has to do with your server environment and how php writes files to the server. Using suPHP for php handler here and don't have these sorts of issues.

Hi Mike,

Sometimes I'm asked to install your products for my clients.

Generally I have found the add on to be quite problematic in installing and updating styles. Sometimes, it requests that permissions be adjusted (fair enough), but then when these permissions are adjusted it still says the permissions need to be adjusted. Then when trying to install a style, an error like this comes up:

View attachment 153194

I don't know why you have this whole API / automatic install and upgrade process in place when half the time it doesn't work reliably. I don't know how others are finding it, but installing and upgrading a style should not be this difficult and problematic. In most situations, I end up reverting to the manual installation. Aren't you trying to make it easy for your customers?

From my experience, other designers here provide frameworks and styles that don't require an add on to be installed, and they have a much higher success rate and are far easier to maintain.

I hope you take this constructively, and I am more than happy to discuss this further with you and provide further feedback. :)
Hey @oman!

The reason we need an add-on is for various tools that need data stored, some type of function not available to the templates, etc. The issue you posted I believe is just due to that server not having zip installed on it. We have a manual install listed in our documentation. At the end of the day its 1 add-on, 1 theme, and most people are able to go through start to finish without a hiccup. However, there are a few who have servers that do not support various things we would like to use. I thought we had a prettier error message for this situation truth be told, tagging @Jake B. on this, but otherwise, the added functionality is important and without it, we would be quite limited in what can be done. I believe Arty and Russ both have stated they'd be using an add-on for XenForo 2, but I could be wrong.

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts! For UI.X 2 we plan to have the add-on again, but hopefully, we can throw better error messages should the server itself not support a various feature we need, as I think that is what can definitely be improved on.
Awesome theme! been using it for quite a while now.
Question tho, Any plans on adding the Discord button to social media? if not. is there a way to add custom socialmedia??

Thanks
Ah, sure, Ill add this to our feature requests!

Sometimes, it requests that permissions be adjusted (fair enough), but then when these permissions are adjusted it still says the permissions need to be adjusted

Essentially, PHP just needs to be able to write files to your styles and js directories to be able to do the automatic installation, if we detect that it isn't writable we suggest that it's changed, and if that doesn't work you can still download the style zip and install it manually (though, the add-on is still required)

Then when trying to install a style, an error like this comes up:

That error just means that the ZipArchive PHP extension doesn't exist on your server, you would need to contact your host or sysadmin to resolve that one

I don't know why you have this whole API / automatic install and upgrade process in place when half the time it doesn't work reliably.

It works reliably, the only issues I've run into are when either:
  1. The PHP cURL extension is missing
  2. The PHP ZipArchive extension is missing
  3. PHP can't write to the js or styles directory
Unfortunately there isn't anything that can be done on our end to resolve any of those three issues as they're all related to the configuration of the server

In most situations, I end up reverting to the manual installation. Aren't you trying to make it easy for your customers?

If the server isn't compatible with our automatic installation due to one of the reasons listed above the only option really is to install it manually, which is why we leave the manual installation option available. We created the automatic installation process to make it easier, but we can't control server configurations that prevent this from working properly all of these limitations exist because they're required for it to function properly, cURL is required to actually download the zip, ZipArchive is required to extract it and PHP has to be able to write to those directories so it can move them to the appropriate place automatically

The add-on allows us to add quite a bit more functionality that wouldn't be possible otherwise. For example, our node styling system, our node grid system, persistent width toggling, sidebar collapsing, as well as several other smaller features. The automatic installation system (which works perfectly fine on most server configurations) wouldn't be possible without this add-on, and on server configurations that it doesn't work on you can still install manually as you would with any other style with only that extra 30 second step of installing the add-on.

ThemeHouse updated UI.X with a new update entry:

Minor bug fixes and update to XenForo 1.5.14.0

Hi everyone,

This version of UI.X is ONLY compatible with XenForo 1.5.9 and up. Read why here: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/ui-x-paid.57944/page-322#post-1085202

Please disable the add-on before upgrade or you will see error messages.

Note: this version requires the latest update to the UI.X add-on version 1.1.2. The add-on can be...

Read the rest of this update entry...

After updating through the plugin three templates were outdated -- one I was able to automatically merge (I wish I'd noted which template that was, but didn't) but two, navigation and thread_view, won't. I've never edited UI.X directly and I tried a force reinstall too and nothing changed. Any ideas?

After updating through the plugin three templates were outdated -- one I was able to automatically merge (I wish I'd noted which template that was, but didn't) but two, navigation and thread_view, won't. I've never edited UI.X directly and I tried a force reinstall too and nothing changed. Any ideas?
What version of Xenforo are you on? And also, is it your child theme that is outdated or UI.X itself?

I'll start by saying I'm not a xenforo style person so this is all foreign to me.

I am doing a side job for a client that has your theme. He needs me to make typography changes. More specifically, change from Georgia font to a sans serif font.

I can't see where to make this change. I thought it would be in the typography section, but that actually specifies Open-sans so this must be held somewhere else.

Searching properties yields no results.

if it's not too much to ask can you point me in the right direction on where to change the style font family?

I'll start by saying I'm not a xenforo style person so this is all foreign to me.

I am doing a side job for a client that has your theme. He needs me to make typography changes. More specifically, change from Georgia font to a sans serif font.

I can't see where to make this change. I thought it would be in the typography section, but that actually specifies Open-sans so this must be held somewhere else.

Searching properties yields no results.

if it's not too much to ask can you point me in the right direction on where to change the style font family?
Hi there!

Not a problem happy to help. You can find most typographical settings like don't family and size under the UI.X Typography style property group. Some fonts such as post content, bbcodes, and other things may be set in the individual style properties. If this didn't work feel free to post what you are looking to edit with a screenshot and I'll get you the exact style property.

Thanks for the reply!

Yeah that's what I thought. but when I looked there, it was listing fonts that aren't displaying. It listed Open-sans as the primary font and two others, all sans serif.

But when I view the page and inspect the element it's showing 'Georgia' That's why I'm confused.

This is what I see.

In the style properties for typography:

N45BMV6.png

If I inspect the element on the forum I see this.
uHGFDx8.png

This is why I'm confused.

By the way, on the forum home the font is correct. It's in the threads i see this

I've been used to use a smaller logo, with low resolution to make it fit in the header - but now I want a better solution, but please help me here :)

How do I make it fit?

screenshot.1.png (6).webp

Thanks for the reply!

Yeah that's what I thought. but when I looked there, it was listing fonts that aren't displaying. It listed Open-sans as the primary font and two others, all sans serif.

But when I view the page and inspect the element it's showing 'Georgia' That's why I'm confused.

This is what I see.

In the style properties for typography:

N45BMV6.png

If I inspect the element on the forum I see this.
uHGFDx8.png

This is why I'm confused.

By the way, on the forum home the font is correct. It's in the threads i see this

That will be in the messages style properties. We left this font alone since its what XenForo's default is. I believe it is called Message Text under Message Elements style property group.

I've been used to use a smaller logo, with low resolution to make it fit in the header - but now I want a better solution, but please help me here :)

How do I make it fit?

View attachment 154524

I believe here you just need to tweak logo height under Header and Navigation style property group.

Have UI.X the tabbed offcanvas menu like Material?

It's similar, but not quite. In UI.X, the navigation and user menu have two separate off canvas menus (navigation on the left and user on the right), whereas in Material they are combined into one.

Just had my forum updated to 1.5.14, and updated the UI.X add on to 1.1.2, then downloaded the latest templates. The responsive menu has broken, getting this on iPhone & iPad and also on reducing the size of the window in Chrome?

Any thoughts - appreciate it's early on a Sunday morning though ;) ?

upload_2017-7-23_8-39-1.webp

Top Bottom