UI.X

UI.X 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
I've noticed this sometimes too. I've not had time yet to investigate properly and find a way to replicate it.
Do you use Firefox as well? Something I've noticed after playing around the past day or two - the more tabs I have open the more the typing in the editor slows down.

@Mike Creuzer, is there a way to make the tabLinks bar show up below the sticky navbar upon scrolling up? My users are looking for alternatives to having to go to the top of the page to get to Recent Posts and whatnot.

@Mike Creuzer, is there a way to make the tabLinks bar show up below the sticky navbar upon scrolling up? My users are looking for alternatives to having to go to the top of the page to get to Recent Posts and whatnot.

I believe so, yes. You can just enable the scroll sticky up function in UI.X Header and then just remove the hiding of tablinks.

@Mike Creuzer is there a bug list somewhere?

Curious to see what is being tracked as a few things have been raised over the last few pages.

Understand you don't give access to your bug tracker but wondering if there is a list somewhere?

About to purchase this theme... but seeing a few pages of issues in this forum for the Feb release... @Mike Creuzer , will there be an update release for UI.X soon?

Thanks in advance!

BTW, just did a quick play with the UI.X on your site, when I tried to Reply to a post, this reply msg box seems to be NOT in correct focus(it's more up), not sure if that's the behavior of the latest version of the theme... please take a look when you get a chance...thanks

Last edited:
About to purchase this theme... but seeing a few pages of issues in this forum for the Feb release... @Mike Creuzer , will there be an update release for UI.X soon?

Thanks in advance!

BTW, just did a quick play with the UI.X on your site, when I hit to Reply button to a post, this reply msg box seems to be NOT in correct focus(it's more up), not sure if that's the behavior of the latest version of the theme... please take a look when you get a chance...thanks
Hi there no that is not behavior of the current theme it has been fixed. Our demo is one version behind. We have a new release coming any day now with some huge features and all bugs reported fixed.

Last edited:
Currently Done Feature List:
  • You know how when you go to edit a page in the ACP, the textarea is 1 line tall? Keep having to resize the textarea? We fix this in the next release :D for all you code monkeys I hope you can appreciate, I know Im quite happy (see screenshot)
  • Added Steam to social media list
  • Significant improvement to sticky/unsticky and scroll performance - @kylerc did a number here
  • Ability to add css classes per node
  • Ability to add CSS per node :D (see screenshot)
  • Ability to add icons per node (supports inheritance) - so you can add a rocket ship font awesome icon to all forums under category X or just forum y, your choice. (see screenshot)
  • Added settings to be able to remove breadcrumbs, page title, content wrappers, add in welcome block and a few others on the node page level. Great for custom home pages (gasp!)
  • Sticky footer allows you to move .footer either in the top or bottom half now - will fix some border issues some people were having
  • RTL support, FINALLY (sorry for those who have been asking) - wasn't hard was mainly just the sidebar
  • Setting to move top control out of breadcrumb like most other forums
  • Removed new indicators for guests - a few people asked for this
Expected To Be Completed In Next Release Feature List:
  • Drag and drop nodes
  • Ability to start a node as collapsed
  • Width toggler - switch from fixed to fluid (see screenshot)
  • Users can toggle sticky options if they don't want them (@Stuart Wright) - users can individually turn off sticky nav, sticky userbar, and/or sticky sidebar
  • Alerts will be styled in off canvas navs
  • Mark threads on mobile/mark viewed on XFMG issue
  • Featured resources look a bit funky sometimes
  • Clicking alerts in off canvas visitor tabs marks it as read temporarily, will be fixed
  • Separate sticky and threads (a bar) - we already do this with color of course but a bar has been requested
  • Member card close icon sometimes overlaps text
Bugs Already Fixed:
  • some interface ACP improvements so its easier to find things
  • when clicking notice paginations, the page would jump - this is fixed
  • If no search permission existed userbar would still show up if that was the only item in there. This has been fixed so userbar will disappear
  • IE9 node list issues not displaying - now supports back to IE7
  • Caching and other JS bugs
  • Nodes would float left on default style if using node grid - fixed
  • Better differentiation between unread and red conversations in off canvas visitor tabs menu
  • Disabling welcome in style property would not disable the welcome block html - fixed
  • Overflow issue on off canvas menus
  • Visitor tab off canvas nav would show some random links on load - fixed
  • Creating an album, the modal had some unreadable text, fixed
  • If post pagination < 2, we hide the pagination scroller
  • Welcome block and everything now supports HTML
  • XenGallery margin next to comments fixed once and for all
  • Background issue behind some resource pages with the stars being gray, thats been removed
  • Last poster on a category node works
  • New indicator in posts positioning and border radius was off
  • We put all welcome block code in one template so its more organized - but this will require a page_container merge so just be aware
And as always, we've been making optimizations. Kyler was able to knock off another 35% on uix.init(), so that means even faster load time.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-03-11 at 5.46.18 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2015-03-11 at 5.46.18 PM.webp
    14.4 KB · Views: 38
  • Screen Shot 2015-03-11 at 5.46.10 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2015-03-11 at 5.46.10 PM.webp
    10.7 KB · Views: 35
  • Screen Shot 2015-03-11 at 5.45.53 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2015-03-11 at 5.45.53 PM.webp
    18.9 KB · Views: 35
  • Screen Shot 2015-03-11 at 5.46.24 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2015-03-11 at 5.46.24 PM.webp
    30.5 KB · Views: 36
  • Screen Shot 2015-03-11 at 5.48.03 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2015-03-11 at 5.48.03 PM.webp
    37.2 KB · Views: 37
  • Screen Shot 2015-03-11 at 6.01.53 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2015-03-11 at 6.01.53 PM.webp
    44.5 KB · Views: 34
@Mike Creuzer , looking at your list, there seem to be a lot more features need to be completed for next release, plus for such a sophisticated theme, could imagine the tons of testing required before you release it. It sounds like quite a few days away?? I am just wondering if you plan to do a maintenance release with all bugs fixes first- since by reading this forum, there seem to be not a short list of issues from the latest release ... I appreciate the feature-rich of the theme, but most important for a first-time customer like me, a solid, basically bug free version is mostly appreciated... as I know I'd enjoy tweaking colors but I am not good at fixing things up...

@Mike Creuzer , looking at your list, there seem to be a lot more features need to be completed for next release, plus for such a sophisticated theme, could imagine the tons of testing required before you release it. It sounds like quite a few days away?? I am just wondering if you plan to do a maintenance release with all bugs fixes first- since by reading this forum, there seem to be not a short list of issues from the latest release ... I appreciate the feature-rich of the theme, but most important for a first-time customer like me, a solid, basically bug free version is mostly appreciated... as I know I'd enjoy tweaking colors but I am not good at fixing things up...
Entirely understandable. We've not deemed any bugs completely necessary for a patch. What I mean is, if they affect a feature, it just means disabling that feature for a few weeks until its ready for production again. Im not sure if anything like that even exists in this latest release. A couple css display bugs, a few JS functions not acting as best they should, but nothing whatsoever hindering the user from using the theme and using it well. If that ever happened, we'd be having a fix ready immediately.

Top Bottom