UI.X

UI.X 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
Cheers, been trying for two days lol and always same message!

XenForo Demo - Error

A server error occurred. Please try again later.
Ah thanks for reporting, I thought I saw people registering fine but it might have some issues, will take a look :)

-Is the only way to dismiss the Welcome Block, if you don't view it as a modal block, to disable it via the user group permission?

-The TaigaChat widget doesn't seem to view properly if placed in the forum list. The title bar is opaque and the reply box is all screwed up. Anyone else having this issue?

I'm looking at possibly getting a new skin for my site and UI.X interests me, particularly as it works nicely on mobile and I like the sticky navigation. I do have a few questions:
  1. Is it completely customisable so that I could replicate the colours I currently use on my site plus the logo and header?
  2. The skins like xenSplash, are they basically UI.X plus an additional 'setup' to use?
  3. I think the cost of UI.X is a one-off? I couldn't see any renewal cost mentioned.

Thanks!

Have you started hard coding the child node font awesome icons? Could have sworn there was a SP for them previously?

upload_2015-2-21_13-23-57.webp

-Is the only way to dismiss the Welcome Block, if you don't view it as a modal block, to disable it via the user group permission?

Correct :). Is this not desirable?

-The TaigaChat widget doesn't seem to view properly if placed in the forum list. The title bar is opaque and the reply box is all screwed up. Anyone else having this issue?

Hmm. Ill see if I can replicate.

I'm looking at possibly getting a new skin for my site and UI.X interests me, particularly as it works nicely on mobile and I like the sticky navigation. I do have a few questions:
  1. Is it completely customisable so that I could replicate the colours I currently use on my site plus the logo and header?
  2. The skins like xenSplash, are they basically UI.X plus an additional 'setup' to use?
  3. I think the cost of UI.X is a one-off? I couldn't see any renewal cost mentioned.

Thanks!

Sounds great! :)

1. Yes, entirely customizable. In fact that remains UI.X's primary objective. The most control at the least amount of cost. Cost meaning we optimize the framework as much as possible. We don't create settings we feel are better off left as custom code, but its organized in such a way this is a rarity.
2. UI.X is a framework, its used to create themes. In the sense that all of our client projects use UI.X as a base, and you can never tell unless you look really really closely. XenSplash and all our themes are custom designed and custom coded, but they work with all the UI.X settings. I don't like to think of them as sub-themes in any regard because they are specifically designed. We don't just change colors like other companies, no, we create entire design mockups for every project we do.
3. The cost is $30 and you can use it as long as you want. Updates though we ask for $20 annually, but again this is not an agreement of any kind so you can choose to upgrade or not.

Have you started hard coding the child node font awesome icons? Could have sworn there was a SP for them previously?

View attachment 99045

We never did create a setting because, well, how often do you want to change the node stats icons. We don't want to create settings just for the sake of creating settings. That said we do have a setting to toggle whether that is text or icons as that seems to be like a common request, and has been.

Resourse rating stars - bg color:
View attachment 99056

Will look into this! :)

I have UI.X 1.4.3.0. Do I need to upgrade the "old" way to 1.4.5.0 before being able to upgrade via the Addon?

You can if you want, but the add-on will install the latest version for you as well. So in short, no, you can use the add-on now and upgrade. :)

You can if you want, but the add-on will install the latest version for you as well. So in short, no, you can use the add-on now and upgrade. :)
Hmm.. I opened a ticket about this today as well - I don't seem to be getting a "sync" option, only an "install" - and even then, it fails on 'step 2'.

Do I have to revert (or merge(?) - I don't really know what the difference between the two is) templates with the xF 1.4.5 upgrade?

Hmm.. I opened a ticket about this today as well - I don't seem to be getting a "sync" option, only an "install" - and even then, it fails on 'step 2'.

Do I have to revert (or merge(?) - I don't really know what the difference between the two is) templates with the xF 1.4.5 upgrade?
I'm getting this as well, I have two UI.X themes currently installed (UI.X and UI.X Dark) and only get the option to install and not sync.

Starting again wasn't a big deal so I kept my old themes and installed the new ones, they didn't display any forum lists. My old themes still work so I've uninstalled the new ones until this is fixed.

Ok, now I feel foolish: I updated xF, installed the addon, and now my menu's aren't 'sticky' anymore, and I can't collapse my side-bar. :/

Do you have the option to check for unassociated styles on? Under UI.X General options. Note that the name of the theme must be 'UI.X' or 'UI.X Dark' or whatever product it is. This is something you only do once as once its synced its fine and isntalling new does this anyways. This only applies to people using themes before we released the add-on, so the add-on knows what product it is.

@Mike Creuzer not necessarily undesirable, I just wasn't sure if I was having a stroke going between the option menu and the forum thinking "why can't I close this ****ing thing???"

So take XenForo notification system, notices. Those can be 'closed' as an option on a per notice basis. We felt that this feature makes sense, but not for the welcome block. The welcome block is more of a UI element, not something that should be used to toggle its visibility. The only reason we built the modal to be toggleable is well, some people would get annoyed seeing that on their screen.

I'm getting this as well, I have two UI.X themes currently installed (UI.X and UI.X Dark) and only get the option to install and not sync.

Starting again wasn't a big deal so I kept my old themes and installed the new ones, they didn't display any forum lists. My old themes still work so I've uninstalled the new ones until this is fixed.

Do you have check for unassociated styles and the name of your themes are the same as the product?

Starting again? Remember, you should never have made any edits directly to UI.X its on every other post I make, every piece of documentation. So in that regard it doesnt matter if you sync or install fresh you should not have to start over.

@Mike Creuzer can you do bugtracker? :)

We have one we allow a few people in on, feel free to PM me your email and Ill get you added in :)

I'm having a problem with the api key and multi-site license. I opened a ticket about it.

The API key should not hinder you in any way, we don't do license checks. The add-on was not intended, as was never built, to do what *******'s themes did. We trust our customers plenty, its ONLY supposed to be a tool to help you install the theme and get updates. Thats it. My apologies if its not allowing you to install UI.X again on a different site, that would definitely be a bug.

Ok, now I feel foolish: I updated xF, installed the addon, and now my menu's aren't 'sticky' anymore, and I can't collapse my side-bar. :/

Menus not being sticky? That sounds like javascript issue, feel free to create a ticket at our site. As for collapsing the sidebar, do you have the permission set on the usergroups you want to have this ability? If so, then also a javascript issue, I'd wager its just missing so maybe the install didn't work properly. You can always install traditionally not using the add-on as well :)

Top Bottom