UI.X 2

UI.X 2 2.2.15.0.2

No permission to download
Ok I'm stumped. Using ACE. On my recent posts tab (which I think I renamed from threads?)....new threads aren't showing up. A LOT were being sent to hot but I was missing like 3 hours of new threads but I ran the feeds cleanup cron job and they now show up (edit: they're gone again). However, I've tested two new threads in two separate nodes, and they don't show up (but do what up on the default xenforo whats new page). Ive tried unread and all posts and nothing.

I've deleted any reference to Hot, so nothing is being sent there anymore...but I'm confused why new threads wont show up on the new posts (or threads) page. Suggestions?

Edit: In fact, as far as I can tell, NO new threads will populate since late Friday night (I installed this Thursday).

Edit 2: The plot thickens. Viewing the site as a guest in a private tab, ALL new content is being displayed :LOL:

Last edited:
I'm not sure which sections you're referring to, the new threads and new posts sections are core XF, they're entirely independent of a theme. Or are you looking at the threads and posts sections in Feeds?

I'm not sure which sections you're referring to, the new threads and new posts sections are core XF, they're entirely independent of a theme. Or are you looking at the threads and posts sections in Feeds?
Feeds. Sorry, I thought I had added that in there.

Have you disabled or modified the promotions rules? The feed content is the same whether you're a guest or logged in, so it shouldn't be possible to be seeing different content unless you have strange permissions set where guests can see threads and users can't.

Edit 2: The plot thickens. Viewing the site as a guest in a private tab, ALL new content is being displayed
Could the account that’s having an issue with content being displayed have filters applied thus hiding new and legit content?

I'll sort the above out...its probably something stupid. However, @mattrogowski, I'm going to send you a PM if you don't mind. I'm kind of at a loss with one part of ACE and I can't figure it out.

Something like the following:
Less:
.node-extra {
    width: 500px;
}

Just note that because the row uses flexbox and variable widths, that width specified won't be exactly that value, but a fraction of it, so it may take some testing to get it to be the width you want it to be.

Under Appearance -> Style Properties -> Header and navigation, set "Visitor tabs location (mobile)" to "Initial (Don't Change)"
Worked brilliantly, many thanks @willl

What would I need to edit to make the Main Tabs Bar present on all pages, not just the forum list?

Thank you.

If you want to show the main tab bar's default tabs you can add this to the page_container template:

<xf:page option="uix_mainTabSets" value="forum" />

If you want to show the main tab bar's default tabs you can add this to the page_container template:

<xf:page option="uix_mainTabSets" value="forum" />

Thank you for the response. Do I just drop it where ever I want in the page_container? I tried putting it under the navigation bar, but did not show up.

Thank you for the response. Do I just drop it where ever I want in the page_container? I tried putting it under the navigation bar, but did not show up.
Apologies - I gave you that answer after attempting and failing to drink quite possibly the worst flavored coffee I've ever had in my life (I need to remember to check to see if something uses Stevia BEFORE I buy). Here's what you ACTUALLY want to add :)

<xf:set var="$uix_mainTabSets" value="forum" />

Just stick that up in the top of page_container and that'll do it!

Apologies - I gave you that answer after attempting and failing to drink quite possibly the worst flavored coffee I've ever had in my life (I need to remember to check to see if something uses Stevia BEFORE I buy). Here's what you ACTUALLY want to add :)

<xf:set var="$uix_mainTabSets" value="forum" />

Just stick that up in the top of page_container and that'll do it!

I tried adding that too, but it didn't seem to work.

Interesting; I can confirm it works fine on my end. At this point I'd suggest submitting a support ticket.

Looks like it was my fault this time. I put the code you gave me under the navigation instead of at the top of the page_container. Now it works. Thank you!

I am going to bug you one more time though (if you allow). I would like to show the "new posts" button next to the forum list tab. I see there is code for it in the main tabs bar template, but I'm not understanding it's purpose.

Code:
<xf:macro name="forum" arg-activeTab="">
    <!-- first tab -->
    <!-- new tab -->
    <xf:if is="{$xf.options.forumsDefaultPage} == 'new_posts'">
        <a href="{{ link('forums') }}" class="tabs-tab {{$activeTab == 'new_posts' ? 'is-active' : '' }}">{{ phrase('new_posts') }}</a>
    </xf:if>
    <a href="{{ link('forums/-/list') }}" class="tabs-tab {{$activeTab == 'forum_list' ? 'is-active' : '' }}">{{ phrase('forum_list') }}</a>
</xf:macro>

The above code looks like it only shows new posts if the default forum page is set to new posts. I personally don't want that. I would like to show the "New posts" tab as normal and function the same as the forum tab. Meaning if you are on the "new posts" page, it shows the new posts tab as active.

HTML:
<xf:macro name="forum" arg-activeTab="">
    <!-- first tab -->
    <!-- new tab -->

<a href="{{ link('forums/-/list') }}" class="tabs-tab {{$activeTab == 'forum_list' ? 'is-active' : '' }}">{{ phrase('forum_list') }}</a>
    <a href="{{ link('whats-new/posts') }}" class="tabs-tab {{$activeTab == 'new_posts' ? 'is-active' : '' }}">{{ phrase('new_posts') }}</a>
</xf:macro>

I adjusted it to this, but it is not doing what I want. Is there something else I need to do?

Thank you.

I adjusted it to this, but it is not doing what I want. Is there something else I need to do?
In the case of the default setup, it'll only show the "New Posts" tab if you have the default forum page set to New Posts; in your case that should be fine with your edits for the link.. As far as active tab goes, it's expecting a different new posts template, so you need to add the active nav tab to the right one.

In the "whats_new_posts" template add this after the title line:

<xf:page option="uix_mainTabActive" value="new_posts" />

In the case of the default setup, it'll only show the "New Posts" tab if you have the default forum page set to New Posts; in your case that should be fine with your edits for the link.. As far as active tab goes, it's expecting a different new posts template, so you need to add the active nav tab to the right one.

In the "whats_new_posts" template add this after the title line:

<xf:page option="uix_mainTabActive" value="new_posts" />

That did it! Thank you very much.

I m getting this error on my website and I have updated to the latest version that released. How do i fix this? (I put xxx to block the site path)

Deprecated
: Optional parameter $styleId declared before required parameter $featureKey is implicitly treated as a required parameter in
/xxxx/xxxxx/xxxx/src/addons/ThemeHouse/Nodes/XF/Entity/Node.php
on line

Top Bottom