UI.X 2

UI.X 2 2.2.15.0.2

No permission to download
Is this when logged in or logged out? I'm not seeing any issues with either setting.

Both logged in and logged out.

I just installed the latest UI.X 2 in a latest version of clean Xenforo system. The same thing results.

I tried in in Chrome and Edge in Windows 10. Also in the Chrome of my Android phone.

2021-11-24_12-19-08.gif

1637726884005.png

1637727108797.png

1637726914237.png

Attachments

• 2021-11-24_12-00-42.gif
    2021-11-24_12-00-42.gif
    3.3 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Is there a discussion thread dedicated for AC.UI? There's one but it's been shut down by the admin here.

I love its look but there are many bugs compared with UI.X/default themes.

I just installed the latest UI.X 2 in a latest version of clean Xenforo system. The same thing results.

I tried in in Chrome and Edge in Windows 10. Also in the Chrome of my Android phone.

View attachment 260779

View attachment 260775

View attachment 260777

View attachment 260776
Have you changed your cookie settings on this board? I'm not seeing any issues on my local installation I'm afraid.
Is there a discussion thread dedicated for AC.UI? There's one but it's been shut down by the admin here.

I love its look but there are many bugs compared with UI.X/default themes.
No, it doesn't seem like we were allowed one here. What bugs are you referring to? We've been using the theme on several clients sites for a while now and are not aware of "many bugs" with it.

Have you changed your cookie settings on this board? I'm not seeing any issues on my local installation I'm afraid.

No, it doesn't seem like we were allowed one here. What bugs are you referring to? We've been using the theme on several clients sites for a while now and are not aware of "many bugs" with it.
Think you were just asked to add it to the resource manager, as the forum it was in was not meant for support/releases.

No I've not changed any settings. It's all installed from scratch. I just toggled the Remember user style changes settings, neither worked.

Maybe I can PM you the link of my testing server.

As for ACE, a bug is like below.

I installed [tl] Social Groups but the menu button is not showing. No problem for default style, UI.X style.

IMG_20211124_225258.webp

Also one thing that concerns me much is that will you charge A LOT after the free of charge honey moon for ace?

Sure, if you can PM a link I can see if it works for me.

For the Social Groups addon, it's likely that we won't be able to ensure every template modification from every addon works as it's a heavily customised theme, and there are likely other themes where some template modifications don't apply, but I can see if we can add support for it.

View attachment 260779

View attachment 260775

View attachment 260777

View attachment 260776

Wouldn’t you want to store this as a browser cookie? I’d assume if you store in session data it would revert back if you close the browser, but then again I’ve never looked at these settings.

If I want to modify the expand/collapse of category bar a bit so that once they collapse, they'll shrink to a row of short buttons on the top.

Which files/templates should I look into if I want to modify it manually?

Currently, this is how it looks like when Categories "General" and "Hardware" are collapsed.

01.webp

This is how I want to modify it:

02.webp

There's some difference in UI.X 2 dark and normal versions:

In UI.X-Dark, there's clearly a child.xml with much smaller file size. I guess it's the file for you to add a child style so that you can make changes on.

1638779027951.webp

In the normal version (light version), there's no such child style (the xml in the child_xmls folder is material style which is another style)

1638779039044.webp

So in the ACP styles setting, the following is what I do:

1638779206768.webp

I make changes for UI.X Dark (the smaller file size xml in the package) in the child style of UI.X Dark and keep the parent style intact, right?

But what about UI.X style? There's no child xml included in the distribution package.. I'm not supposed to make changes in the UI.X style directly because any style update in the future will override it, right?

Unfortunately, there's no clear instruction in the manual about how we should install new styles.

Anyone using the AC.UI style tried to comment on profiles? Just wondering if it's working for others. There's a comment link I see there, but nothing happens when I click on it. :unsure:

Hello @Dalton Prock or @mattrogowski just updated my forum and everything is working correctly after some problems but the main problem is that I don't see any forum in the forum view but if I click on the NEW MESSAGES link I see the new messages.

I've also opened a ticket on your site. Should I continue there?

Hello @Dalton Prock or @mattrogowski just updated my forum and everything is working correctly after some problems but the main problem is that I don't see any forum in the forum view but if I click on the NEW MESSAGES link I see the new messages.

I've also opened a ticket on your site. Should I continue there?
Hello Andrea,

I'm currently in contact with you on the ticket that you created yesterday morning. Talk to you there! :)

How to do the style update?

First I unzip the zip file and copied all files in the server by SSH.

Then what? How do I update/replace the existing style with a new version in Xenforo?

Top Bottom