UI.X 2

UI.X 2 2.2.15.0.2

No permission to download
Does not work, both ways.

Hereby I confirm that the option Default avatar type: Text or Image is completely USELESS.
Because after selecting "Text" as avatar type, I entered something in 'Default Avatar Text' like : abcd but even that is not working.
So, I assume that it does not matter whether you choose Default avatar type as Text or Image, it simply does not work.

Let me know anybody, if you are using it successfully in Xenforo2 with UI.X2.

It works fine for me.

In my short test, it appears that the default avatar is for "guests" and not users already registered.

It would seem its not possible with style properties at the moment, though not impossible. Ultimately I think you'd turn logoblock on, and then we'd just reorder them. Something Ill add as a feature suggestion as indeed we had this in XF1. https://github.com/Audentio/xf2theme-issues/issues/858
Avatars in XenForo are generated, a color plus the initials of the username (the first letter) - I think there might be a setting on changing this to an image but I'm not 100% on that. Tagging @Ian Hitt
Ty lots for adding it to your suggestions list! Highly appreciated (and I’m sure needed!)

hi @ThemeHouse

i noticed another bug in the theme after the latest update:

1541057908905.webp

the menu doesn't go "full mobile" for some reason ... and i can't even tap on the "more" arrow next to "forums" ... the hamburger menu button is nowhere in sight :(

Hi there,

is there a way to set the color of the content wrapper? In Ui.x 1 it was quite easy but I can't find it in 2.0.
It's in div class="p-body-inner"

Can anybody tell me please how to display no. of followers a user has in postbit alongwith messages and likes? Thanks
This isn't something that is offered in the Messages section of Style Properties from what I can see.
Hi there,

is there a way to set the color of the content wrapper? In Ui.x 1 it was quite easy but I can't find it in 2.0.
It's in div class="p-body-inner"
You are able to find this by navigating to Appearance -> Page Setup -> Content Wrapper.

Ian, is there a way to make the titles of unread threads appear in bold like it did on UI.X 1?

I’m not talking about the forum home page, I mean when you go to one of the sub-forums, like here:
https://wranglertjforum.com/forums/tj-general-discussion.6/

All my members keep hounding me about this one as they liked the way it was in UI.X 1 where they were bold if a thread had unread posts.

This is actually a bug. It is only supposed to hide in the header when you have the tab bar. When off canvas is visitor tabs are enabled, it should still show at the top with search. Just implemented a fix for it now :)
So, what was the fix for this? I still have not figured out how to get the New Posts button back at the top.[/QUOTE]

I can't see that, do you have a screenshot?
Yes, I've provided a screenshot below.
Ian, is there a way to make the titles of unread threads appear in bold like it did on UI.X 1?

I’m not talking about the forum home page, I mean when you go to one of the sub-forums, like here:
https://wranglertjforum.com/forums/tj-general-discussion.6/

All my members keep hounding me about this one as they liked the way it was in UI.X 1 where they were bold if a thread had unread posts.
EDIT: This can be edited by navigating to Appearance -> Style Properties -> Discussion List -> Title (unread)

So, what was the fix for this? I still have not figured out how to get the New Posts button back at the top.
EDIT: New Posts button is hidden intentionally, no style property for it at this time. There is a What's New tab in the main navigation though.

Last edited:
When using the Material child style, is it possible to breakout the logo from the small area to make it larger and rearrange the search bar ?

Basically move the header around a bit to be more like UIX2.

Hello! I am very new to XenForo If I purchase this theme will I need to re create all of my nodes? Will I lose my data from XenForo such as group permissions? I'm assuming since this is just a style I wont lose any of my data just curious tho?

ALSO! Do I need word press to install this or what do I need? Is there a return policy if when I install it it's not stable I've read mixed reviews about this theme.. Please update me i'm very ignorant on this subject I love the look of this theme tho!

EDIT: New Posts button is hidden intentionally, no style property for it at this time. There is a What's New tab in the main navigation though.

Thanks for checking but that is not clearly visible on mobile, which comprises 75% of my traffic.

Additionally, people have requested the top pagination to return. Currently someone needs to scroll all the way down to the bottom just to go to the next page and having the jump to bottom constantly appearing is a distraction that takes up real estate on the phone so I keep it disabled. Is it possible to bring the pages back to the top of the thread?

When using the Material child style, is it possible to breakout the logo from the small area to make it larger and rearrange the search bar ?

Basically move the header around a bit to be more like UIX2.
I checked with one of our developers and he said try using the Minimum viewport width to show logo block style property under Header and Navigation.
Hello! I am very new to XenForo If I purchase this theme will I need to re create all of my nodes? Will I lose my data from XenForo such as group permissions? I'm assuming since this is just a style I wont lose any of my data just curious tho?

ALSO! Do I need word press to install this or what do I need? Is there a return policy if when I install it it's not stable I've read mixed reviews about this theme.. Please update me i'm very ignorant on this subject I love the look of this theme tho!
You will not lose any of your data when installing this theme on your forum, you are not required to install Wordpress with this either. It is just a style, also the only time you need Wordpress is if you plan on purchasing our XPress add-on but with our themes no. But other than that, your safe. If you have any issues after installing the theme, let us know so that we can help. ;)

Thanks for checking but that is not clearly visible on mobile, which comprises 75% of my traffic.

Additionally, people have requested the top pagination to return. Currently someone needs to scroll all the way down to the bottom just to go to the next page and having the jump to bottom constantly appearing is a distraction that takes up real estate on the phone so I keep it disabled. Is it possible to bring the pages back to the top of the thread?
Ian suggested looking at a style property in Miscellaneous, I've included a screenshot.

I checked with one of our developers and he said try using the Minimum viewport width to show logo block style property under Header and Navigation.

You will not lose any of your data when installing this theme on your forum, you are not required to install Wordpress with this either. It is just a style, also the only time you need Wordpress is if you plan on purchasing our XPress add-on but with our themes no. But other than that, your safe. If you have any issues after installing the theme, let us know so that we can help. ;)

Ian suggested looking at a style property in Miscellaneous, I've included a screenshot.
View attachment 187816

Thanks. From what I recall that only impacts the bottom pagination and not the top. When in mobile view the top is gone regardless of this setting.

Thanks. From what I recall that only impacts the bottom pagination and not the top. When in mobile view the top is gone regardless of this setting.
Oh, I see, apologies. Too better assist you with this go ahead and create a ticket on our support portal. From there I'll go ahead and assign Ian too it as well as we might be misunderstanding :)

I used XPress 1.0.0 Patch Level 5 with UI.X 2 and the problem is that the thumbnail doesn't show on the article list. I found this in the UI.X 2 (latest with Material Style). On the old 2.0.10.0.0 (the one that doesn't come with Material Style) doesn't have this problem. I have to manually remove display: none; in thxpress.less template to bring back the thumbnail.

Attachments

• 2018-11-13_154714.webp
    2018-11-13_154714.webp
    6.2 KB · Views: 7
Top Bottom