UI.X 2

UI.X 2 2.2.15.0.2

No permission to download
@Dalton Prock (or anyone at ThemeHouse) – I know that you've said that the Styler (currently part of UI.X for XF1) would be updated for XF2, possibly as a separate add-on. Could you give an update on that? Are Colour Options and the AD Styler coming to UI.X in XF2 within the next year?
This is still something that is still pending but if anything changes we will let everyone know here! :)

Has there been a change in the new version that is causing the sticky sidebar from scrolling to the bottom? It starts to move down the page, then stops.

This appears to be the offending css. When I remove min-height in the console, sticky sidebar seems to work as intended

Code:
.uix_stickyBodyElement:not(.offCanvasMenu) {
    top: 150px !important;
    min-height: calc(100vh - 150px) !important;
}

Has there been a change in the new version that is causing the sticky sidebar from scrolling to the bottom? It starts to move down the page, then stops.

This appears to be the offending css. When I remove min-height in the console, sticky sidebar seems to work as intended

Code:
.uix_stickyBodyElement:not(.offCanvasMenu) {
    top: 150px !important;
    min-height: calc(100vh - 150px) !important;
}
@Dalton Prock any answer to above?
That I'm not entirely sure on as you would get a better answer on this by creating a ticket on our support portal here. But I will go ahead and see if I am able to replicate this same behavior as well :)

Not sure if it has been reported or what's the cause, but it seems like collapsing nodes creates a blank scrollable area underneath the footer.
Also, collapsing nodes does not work in Firefox 62 on some machines (Win 10, Mac something, Android 7), but seems to do its work on others (e.g. Win 8.1). Can't confirm if it's OS related, though.
UI.X 2.0.10.0.0

Edit: Also does not work on Chrome on Android 7. Seems to work in Chrome on Android after tapping multiple times on the icon.

Last edited:
Not sure if it has been reported or what's the cause, but it seems like collapsing nodes creates a blank scrollable area underneath the footer.
Also, collapsing nodes does not work in Firefox 62 on some machines (Win 10, Mac something, Android 7), but seems to do its work on others (e.g. Win 8.1). Can't confirm if it's OS related, though.
UI.X 2.0.10.0.0

Edit: Also does not work on Chrome on Android 7. Seems to work in Chrome on Android after tapping multiple times on the icon.
An interesting issue as I don't believe it has been reported yet but I'll take a deeper look and see if I'm able to replicate. If so I'll go ahead and report it on our issue tracker. Thanks for the report :)

@Dalton Prock (or anyone at ThemeHouse) – I know that you've said that the Styler (currently part of UI.X for XF1) would be updated for XF2, possibly as a separate add-on. Could you give an update on that? Are Colour Options and the AD Styler coming to UI.X in XF2 within the next year?
Yeah this is something we have planned. Big difference in this one is that we want it to be editable from the backend and actually create themes from it. After we release our huge Topics system we'll take a look at adding this in.

@Mike Creuzer Thank you for the update! The main thing we use this for is accessibility:

Screen Shot 2018-10-13 at 4.27.04 PM.webp

It allows people with vision issues to increase or decrease contrast and text size of posts/messages. We also support the Open Dyslexic font, which some members find helpful. I hope that these kinds of changes will still be possible in the XF2 version.

@Mike Creuzer Thank you for the update! The main thing we use this for is accessibility:

View attachment 185412

It allows people with vision issues to increase or decrease contrast and text size of posts/messages. We also support the Open Dyslexic font, which some members find helpful. I hope that these kinds of changes will still be possible in the XF2 version.
A great idea indeed. I think we could pair it up a bit better with style properties and perhaps a button to create a child theme from the preset.

@Mike Creuzer It sounds like the new version will make it easier to choose from preset child themes of UI.X – would the be able to toggle specific preferences like they can now? Like for example, if someone wants to keep the 'light' theme but use the Open Dyslexic font, could they do that? Or would we need to make a child theme that uses the Open Dyslexic font?

I really love being able to toggle options within a theme, but the idea of creating child themes is really cool as well.

I have just notice that there is an update at UI.X2 Addon. Is it a bug fix or new version of thema ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.webp
    Screenshot_1.webp
    18.4 KB · Views: 11
@Mike Creuzer It sounds like the new version will make it easier to choose from preset child themes of UI.X – would the be able to toggle specific preferences like they can now? Like for example, if someone wants to keep the 'light' theme but use the Open Dyslexic font, could they do that? Or would we need to make a child theme that uses the Open Dyslexic font?

I really love being able to toggle options within a theme, but the idea of creating child themes is really cool as well.
Indeed so. We have a system in place already, we even have an Ajax theme switcher than will change theme real time. Just one of those things we need to release. We were building an Install and Upgrade system but will move on to tools similar to these soon after.

Hi, bought UI.x 2 a week back and I am still configuring my forum.
I just want to know how to remove this dropdown arrow to get user info. I want to show user info straightforward instead of someone having to click on this arrow. Anybody, please? Pls check the image, to see what I am talking about.

uix.webp

Hi, bought UI.x 2 a week back and I am still configuring my forum.
I just want to know how to remove this dropdown arrow to get user info. I want to show user info straightforward instead of someone having to click on this arrow. Anybody, please? Pls check the image, to see what I am talking about.

View attachment 185933
Hi there!

If you go to your child theme > Style Properties > Messages > Collapsible extra info - uncheck this and you should be good.

Top Bottom