UI.X 2

UI.X 2 2.2.15.0.2

No permission to download
As an update guys, I was never actually able to install the style via the add on in the themehouse styles section. It just went to a blank page and never loaded. Not sure what the problem was so I installed it manually.

Also @Mike Creuzer the members nav tag shows a scroll bar when clicking around the nav links. Looks like possibly a bug. Not sure but I doubt it was designed that way.

Also I'm having trouble getting the style properties to work though I haven't tried very much and I'm going to look deeper into it today. If it doesn't work today I'll update you but hopefully it will. That part must have been something on my end I'm assuming since I don't see any reason they wouldn't work. However I could not get the welcome notice to display last night. I'll have to look deeper into it to find out what the problem was and I'll update you. Thanks.

Yeah it's official, the welcome notice does not work. I tried everything thinking it was something on my end. I'm not quite sure why it doesn't work. I set the permissions of registered users and administrators, tried the setting with "everybody" and also with user permissions.

I have a hunch though on why it doesn't work. In the UI.X 2 manual, it says the first setting allows you to switch it on or off. This setting is actually missing from the UI.X style properties. On my screen the first setting that shows is the ability to place it on the forum list only. Possibly a missing style property? Not sure but there's no option to turn it on or off like in the manual and it doesn't work on it's own.

Other style properties do work without a problem such as setting node icons. So I don't believe this is something on my end.

Also I have a question. What hex number works for the code icon? I tried the correct icon unicode but it didn't work. Not sure why it just showed a blank icon. Also it is possibly to integrate font awesome unicode into the node icons? If so how would I go about doing it. Or is it strictly materialize. If so that's fine too, I just need to know how to set the code icon for node icons. Any idea how I can do this? Like I said, I tried the right unicode and i didn't work. I saw something on the web about some unicode doesn't work with the newest materialize, not sure if this is the reason.

Regards,
Brad

Google logo looks strange.
2017-11-2921_22_22-ro1bavl.png

Are you doing anything funky with the PAGE_CONTAINER branding stuff? When this style is active, the branding line from my add-ons doesn't appear, despite the template modification still being applied (although it is being applied twice in UI.X for some reason).

Liam

Hey there. I am looking at your online demo of UI.X 2 and the massive page flickering caught me off guard (ie: white flash when switching pages). This behavior doesn't seem to be the case with default Xenforo 2 theme, is there any way you can provide a flickering free experience of UI.X 2?

@Mike Creuzer I sent you a ticket regarding the welcome notice. Other than that and the bug with the scroll bar on the members nav tab everything else seems to be working fine for me so far.

Though I'd also like to let you know that I'm facing issue when trying to download the nodes add-on for UI.X. It brings a box up that says "oops there's a problem" if I click on the big download button. If I click on the smaller one it brings me to an XML page.

Please also update me about the code icon and how we can get it to work along with the above users question regarding his icons not working.

Thanks.

Hey there. I am looking at your online demo of UI.X 2 and the massive page flickering caught me off guard (ie: white flash when switching pages). This behavior doesn't seem to be the case with default Xenforo 2 theme, is there any way you can provide a flickering free experience of UI.X 2?
Thank you so much for reporting this, we have had some other users report this as well. This has already been added to our Github Issue Tracker, our developers are looking into it.

Are you doing anything funky with the PAGE_CONTAINER branding stuff? When this style is active, the branding line from my add-ons doesn't appear, despite the template modification still being applied (although it is being applied twice in UI.X for some reason).

Liam

Could you send me a PM with the template modification you're using, or one of your add-ons?

When I click on any of the menu-options (Forums, What's New media Resources members, a tiny scrollbar appears right next to Members. And disappreas after about a second. It looks like a page is loading, maybe the menu itself.

I see this in Firefox and Edge. It's not there in Chrome.

Just gave it a test and the template modification seems to work fine when I change the replacement from
Code:
$0
{{ liamwCopyright() }}

to
Code:
$0
test

The text gets displayed correctly. Did some testing and if I remove this block in your Templater it seems to work completely as expected:

Code:
if (\XF::app()->offsetExists('liamwCopyrightShown') && \XF::app()->liamwCopyrightShown === true)
{
   return '';
}

I can't imagine anything we'd be doing that would mess with this, but I'll do some more digging.

As a side note, I'd probably suggest using an inline copyright rather than one that has it's own line to help keep things cleaner

Edit: Actually, I think I've found the issue, let me do some digging.

Edit 2: Found the issue, there was a deprecated macro version of the copyright footer that was causing your template modification to apply twice, the method you're using seems to run even if the contents aren't actually displayed. I've removed this deprecated block of code for the next release, but a solution that will work even if the extra_copyright phrase is in the template twice would be to return a <xf:set with your variable and use <xf:if to determine if the variable already exists -- you can have a look at src/addons/ThemeHouse/Core/Branding/20170801.php as this is the method we're using for our branding to prevent it from displaying multiple times :)

Last edited:
As a side note, I'd probably suggest using an inline copyright rather than one that has it's own line to help keep things cleaner

All my XF2 add-ons use the same copyright line now (hence the check), plus it's a fairly long line, so I think a separate line is the best way to go :)

Edit: Actually, I think I've found the issue, let me do some digging.

Liam

All my XF2 add-ons use the same copyright line now (hence the check), plus it's a fairly long line, so I think a separate line is the best way to go :)

The main reason I had mentioned this was that it's likely going to cause issues with add-ons/styles that use inline branding (could also set your execution order higher so it'll go to the bottom and not break these)

Screen Shot 2017-11-29 at 4.04.50 PM.webp

That said, didn't see your response, just edited my last post with the reason it's happening as well as a potential solution to keep your branding displaying before the next update :)

When I click on any of the menu-options (Forums, What's New media Resources members, a tiny scrollbar appears right next to Members. And disappreas after about a second. It looks like a page is loading, maybe the menu itself.

I see this in Firefox and Edge. It's not there in Chrome.

Yes this is also what I've reported as well above.

Any idea what the issue is with the welcome notice? I can't really put my site online until I fix the issue.

Yes you should see a download link when you make the purchase for the add-on. You install add-on first, then the add-on is used to install the theme. Or you can still install theme manually if needbe but add-on still required.
Yeah i was looking for addon ui.x 2 just after purchasing the themes and add-on pack but couldn't find it anywhere.
Cheers. I will keep looking for it.

Top Bottom