UI.X 2

UI.X 2 2.2.15.0.2

No permission to download
Why is the user information not in the black box but below?
Public screen of your theme and the default theme.
That was a design decision for our theme in particular; One reason being increased visibility for that specific content, since using a transparent overlay can make some things harder to read depending on the image in the background.

I don't think most users necessarily know what the forum software is or would realise everything would be the same across different sites, and it's quite common for forums to have customised designs, I've seen profile pages with much heavier modifications. You are free to edit the templates to bring the design back closer to the default theme if you wish however.

In the preview, however, it is as seen in the default theme.
according to it it gets confused if in the detail profile it is different.

Attachments

• IMG_0092.webp
    IMG_0092.webp
    67.4 KB · Views: 26
It's probably more limiting to change it in there. I don't believe it's been raised to us since we launched these themes so it probably hasn't caused much confusion, but again you're welcome to change it on your site if you wish :)

Just got this theme. It's amazing! However, facing some issues, while trying to change some settings from admin panel. Anyone has any idea how to fix it?
1682256501759.webp

Just got this theme. It's amazing! However, facing some issues, while trying to change some settings from admin panel. Anyone has any idea how to fix it?
View attachment 285066
I replied to your support ticket but Hubspot said the reply bounced for some reason.

Can you edit the same values in the default style? Those settings are handled by core XF so isn't anything we control there, it sounds like potentially your host is blocking the requests for security reasons. If you right click and then click Inspect Element, select the Console tab and then submit the settings again, what is the error that gets logged to the console?

I replied to your support ticket but Hubspot said the reply bounced for some reason.

Can you edit the same values in the default style? Those settings are handled by core XF so isn't anything we control there, it sounds like potentially your host is blocking the requests for security reasons. If you right click and then click Inspect Element, select the Console tab and then submit the settings again, what is the error that gets logged to the console?
Well, I was trying to change the "Welcome Section" when it happened. The default style does not have that option I guess. However, in some of the UI.X 2 theme settings work, like Basic Colors, Basic Option, Global Settings etc.
When it comes to host, I own the dedicated server, so if I can find out what's causing the issue, I might be able to solve it. Here are the errors:

1682257500713.webp

Last edited:
Yeah you’re getting a 403 Forbidden error which means the request is being blocked by the server, likely due to HTML being submitted (you’ll probably get the same error editing templates). This is usually caused by something like mod_security, but I don’t know what you have set up on the server so you’d need to analyze the server logs to see if there’s a particular security rule that’s being triggers.

Yeah you’re getting a 403 Forbidden error which means the request is being blocked by the server, likely due to HTML being submitted (you’ll probably get the same error editing templates). This is usually caused by something like mod_security, but I don’t know what you have set up on the server so you’d need to analyze the server logs to see if there’s a particular security rule that’s being triggers.
Thanks. It was mod_security indeed. Solved!

In the documentation I can't find how to set these three parameters

Attachments

• IMG_0110.webp
    IMG_0110.webp
    41.2 KB · Views: 16
Last edited by a moderator:
You can find documentation for these here:

Though it depends what documentation you are expecting - the style properties have descriptions underneath them.

I assume its from 8wayrun?

It would be nice if the social buttons were shown in the "Share this page" widget instead of the button as it happens for the default theme.

Attachments

• Screenshot (59).webp
    Screenshot (59).webp
    2.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot (58).webp
    Screenshot (58).webp
    2.7 KB · Views: 6
Top Bottom