1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Two problems

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Shinracorp, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Shinracorp

Shinracorp Member

Alright so I had a domain name switch a while ago and I reput back all the contents from old Xenforo to New one.... however 2 problems appeared...

1st one is that I simply cannot post a thread, nor can anyone else, switched styles, different browsers, rebuilding nothing... Cannot make topic.jpg however when I enter the site with my phone I'm able to make a thread.

The 2nd problem is when it comes to rebuilding... I have to manually push a button saying Continue Rebuilding... I'm sure that's not normal, and most of the time when I enter a different value it says Invalid value... Manual rebuild.jpg

So what could cause all of this? Here's a list of add-ons I got (all latest versions)
    -XenPorta
    -XenMedio
    -XenAtendo
    -Steam Auth
    -Toggle ME
    -Tapatalk
    -TaigaChat (btw I can't post on that either.)
    -LN Blog

Thank you for your time everyone :)

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

What version of XF? And what browser? There was an editor problem in Firefox a while ago, but it is fixed in the latest version of XF.

The rebuild can take longer if you have a lot of styles or addons. That isn't necessarily a problem as long as it completes.

3. Shinracorp

Shinracorp Member

Xenforo 1.1.2 and I tried Chrome,FF and IE all of them the same problem. Also I said that I have to click on Continue rebuilding everytime instead of doing it automatically.

4. Jake Bunce

You know what... both problems could be the result of javascript failing to load. Try re-uploading the js directory if not all of the files again.

If you post your forum URL then I can check some of the javascript.

5. Shinracorp

Shinracorp Member

The site is trishroom.com, I did do a file health check and said all files are OK but I'll reupload the JS folder just incase. I'll have to do it later since I have to work now haha.

6. Jake Bunce

Yep. The js is failing to load. For example:

http://trishroom.com/js/xenforo/xenforo.js

This 403 error likely indicates a problem with the file / folder permissions on the server. You need to check the permissions using your FTP client.

7. Shinracorp

Shinracorp Member

I CHMoD it to what? It's at 644 right now (I set it to 744 now but can't tell if it works now.)

8. Jake Bunce

It depends on your server configuration. But normally folders are 755 and files are 644.

9. Shinracorp

Shinracorp Member

Well it's normal then... All files and folders are like that... Hmm well I can post threads on my phone but I still need to use an actual computer to test.

10. Jake Bunce

11. Shinracorp

Shinracorp Member

Ya I checked everything inside the JS folder but the folder itself :p it was that one that didn't have the proper permissions haha thanks Jake