Lack of interest Twitter Push notification when a new thread is started

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Marco Famà

Dear all

I would like to suggest a little new feature for the upcoming versions of this great tool.

A way to make the xenForo push on my official Twitter account that a new thread has been created on my forum.

I've seen lots of communities doing so: whenever a new conversation is opened, a tweet appears like "FORUM | Title of the thread - Read more: LINK"

Hope this will be considered by someone from the developers!
Marco

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
hey SchmitzIT,
thanks a lot for the suggestion!

I've registered to ragtek's xenForo forum but I cannot download the addon (it says I don't have sufficient permission to do it :( which is strange).

Wish I could make it work my way.. thanks for suggesting twitterfeed.com that's awesome!
Liked your message

Marco

PS did you manage to get the xenForo to Wordpress SSO bridge to work?

Hi Marco,

I do believe the RSS feed is a paid add-on. Costs something like 9 USD (well, actually it gives you access to most of his add-ons. I just stuck with the RSS feed only).

As for the SSO bridge, we do not use it on our own site, but I recently installed one for a client, and that seemed to work well.

If you are going to use twitterfeed you could just add each forum individually to twitterfeed which should get the job done.
Just make sure when adding a feed to twitter to select Advanced Settings > and select Upate Frequency to 5 new update(s) at a time.

If you are going to use twitterfeed you could just add each forum individually to twitterfeed which should get the job done.
Just make sure when adding a feed to twitter to select Advanced Settings > and select Upate Frequency to 5 new update(s) at a time.

The disadvantage with that is that the stock XenForo feed only supplies the thread details. Ragtek's add-on includes a short description of the contents as well. I hope the default XenForo feed will soon allow us to get the same done, as that would remove the need to use less third-party add-ons for the feeding technique.

The disadvantage with that is that the stock XenForo feed only supplies the thread details. Ragtek's add-on includes a short description of the contents as well. I hope the default XenForo feed will soon allow us to get the same done, as that would remove the need to use less third-party add-ons for the feeding technique.

I was unaware of that, Thanks for the clarification.

Top Bottom