Turnkey Mobile Apps for XenForo with Addon/Theme Support, Android & iPhone [Deleted]

Another thing/bug that I found very strange: App Users are now displayed as "hidden" in the member online widget block. And that although I do not allow members to hide their online status at all (Using @Xon UserEssentials add-on). Is this a glitch or does the app set users to be hidden? I can say for sure, all app users are now displayed as hidden...

Another Style Chooser Bug: There are two ways for a user to switch styles: "Style Chooser" and "Preferences" page/overlay in the account. TMA add-on does only hide styles in the style chooser if they are not allowed to be selected on the device but does not hide it in the "Preferences" which means users can circumvent the settings in the Style Properties in the ACP of the particular style.

@turnkeymobileapps
@vbresults

Last edited:
Reactions: TMA
suggestions:
how have an option to enable infinite scroll and disable the pagination bar?

on mobile I think that infinite scroll is better of pagination, plus we are going to free up some vertical real estate.

Another thing/bug that I found very strange: App Users are now displayed as "hidden" in the member online widget block. And that although I do not allow members to hide their online status at all (Using @Xon UserEssentials add-on). Is this a glitch or does the app set users to be hidden? I can say for sure, all app users are now displayed as hidden...
There isn't a line of code in TMA that has anything to do with users being hidden so this is strange...
Another Style Chooser Bug: There are two ways for a user to switch styles: "Style Chooser" and "Preferences" page/overlay in the account. TMA add-on does only hide styles in the style chooser if they are not allowed to be selected on the device but does not hide it in the "Preferences" which means users can circumvent the settings in the Style Properties in the ACP of the particular style.
Thank you for catching this, it has been fixed; to implement the fix, re-download and upgrade the add-on and overwrite the files again -- note that the version number hasn't been changed from 2.2.3.

There isn't a line of code in TMA that has anything to do with users being hidden so this is strange...

I now found out from where the bug originates... they are influencing each other:

When I set a style to "only show in app" and the user circumvents the selection by using the desktop browser and his account "preferences", the system automatically sets him to "hidden".... He then hasn't switched to the new style actually, but he remains hidden until he switches his online status back on again...

...THAT explains why my App users turned into ghosts all of a sudden when first using the TMA 2.2.2

I see; shouldn't be able to happen anymore with the fix (unless the problem was misunderstood); do have a hard time connecting style selection with hidden status.

I exercised some serious support issues with my app users today... Some users were "trapped" in their app with the wrong style. When I switched the properties they blocked each other. Even when I free everything again they have a hard time to figure out how to reset their style and chose the right one. Inexperienced Users are totally lost and I have hours of support work, to help them...

Why can't it just be like in other "override" settings where the style is forced upon the user, no matter what he had selected before... an override like in the Core XF for Nodes? Why does this need to be so complicated as being a style property per style and with different settings that influence / block each other out? An ACP Option (in the option group) will do the work, with "Allow Style Change" and "Allow Style Outside of App" as checkmarks. That's it.

This needs to be an option, not an per Style choice...

Bildschirmfoto 2017-04-18 um 23.10.42.webp
So you select one style and save it and it overrides every app that reaches the forum once. Then if you "Allow Style Change", users can switch to another style in the list. If not, they are bound to the override and the Style Chooser and the Preferences Pull Down Menu are not shown. With "Allow Style Outside of App" you can prevent that a user selects "Twenty Two" in his browser and gets his "Catch 22" experience.

A few issues/questions/requests:

- Why is Style 22 required for App Store compliance? I don't like this style, and once I switched to it, it wasn't obvious how to switch back out. It's a negative being forced to have this style available.

- "Navigation: Auto-hide" in style properties has the opposite effect on my default style. Checking it shows the navbar by default while unchecking it hides the navbar by default. I would like my navbar to show.

- In my default style (Mu-43.com) within the app, the menu button in the upper right corner of the screen toggles my navigation bar on and off, which is going to lead to members asking me where their navbar went. I'd prefer to have this menu button removed when minimal user interface is selected.

- Checking "Minimal User Interface" in style properties does not seem to have any effect. Not sure if this was meant to work now or in the next update.

Last edited:
Why is Style 22 required for App Store compliance? I don't like this style, and once I switched to it, it wasn't obvious how to switch back out. It's a negative being forced to have this style available.
It isn't necessarily Twenty Two, rather it's a style that provides an experience distinct from the site that Apple wants. Twenty Two meets this requirement and ships with TMA which is why it's the first (but not only) option.

It depends on the app reviewer too. 90% do not care unless you are using some variant of the default style, but 10% are strict. You could use a totally different style of your choice, it just must not be provided out of the app.

The instructions will be updated to clear this up in the next update.
"Navigation: Auto-hide" in style properties has the opposite effect on my default style. Checking it shows the navbar by default while unchecking it hides the navbar by default. I would like my navbar to show.
This is the intended functionality, it was designed to fix this problem out of the box; turning the other way restores the default.
In my default style (Mu-43.com) within the app, the menu button in the upper right corner of the screen toggles my navigation bar on and off, which is going to lead to members asking me where their navbar went. I'd prefer to have this menu button removed when minimal user interface is selected.
This makes a lot of sense; what we'll do is hide the button if you empty the "Toggle Script Expression" style property since without that, the menu does nothing. Will also rename it to "Menu Button Trigger" to be more clear.
Checking "Minimal User Interface" in style properties does not seem to have any effect. Not sure if this was meant to work now or in the next update.
Correct, next update.

Two simple questions

1 - Apart from having an App and not using your browser, what are the advantages of using TMA?
2 - I've not understood, surely my fault, how moch does it cost. I've seen $195 and don0t know if it's correct. It's a one time fee or recurring?

Thanks!

Two simple questions

1 - Apart from having an App and not using your browser, what are the advantages of using TMA?
2 - I've not understood, surely my fault, how moch does it cost. I've seen $195 and don0t know if it's correct. It's a one time fee or recurring?

Thanks!

It is $295 per year.

Advantages include configurable notifications, some other features like shortcuts to post, take images, hide navbar, add quick menu, etc. There is also a mobile friendly theme included, along with the ability to replace the home page with a Reddit-style feed.

In addition, quite a few of my members say that it is faster to use than their native browser, though I cannot say if that is a placebo effect or not.

The developer is very responsive and continues to add features, which for most customers is probably a good thing. For those of us who want a plain web wrapper + notifications, the additional features are not wanted, but the dev is responsive in giving us the options to disable features as needed.

Some of my users on Android complain about not being able to upload attachments like pics. Clicking on the upload button does not do anything. As I don't have an Android phone I can not test it.

Has anyone made the same experience and is there a trick/setting?

Some of my users on Android complain about not being able to upload attachments like pics. Clicking on the upload button does not do anything. As I don't have an Android phone I can not test it.

Has anyone made the same experience and is there a trick/setting?
Howdy!

Do you have the URL to your site?

Have you reported this via the support method?

Cheers,

Dan

Hey.

It is a private Forum with member access only.

I just wanted to ask first if anybody experienced the same because I can not confirm if this is a real bug. So before I post it there I want to hear if anybody else heard it from his users. I am thinking it might be a phone setting problem rather than a bug.

Hey.

It is a private Forum with member access only.

I just wanted to ask first if anybody experienced the same because I can not confirm if this is a real bug. So before I post it there I want to hear if anybody else heard it from his users. I am thinking it might be a phone setting problem rather than a bug.
Hey @Freelancer ,

The reason I asked about the URL, was to look to see what theme you were using (I'm assuming this is a non-standard theme). Also to see if I could replicate it on my android phone and confirm if it happened to me too.

Cheers for the reply,

Dan

The theme is a modified version of UIX, optimized for the app. What is important to know is that before the version 2.2 the attachment upload worked with the same theme without problems.

Top Bottom