Trust+ [Deleted]

naia

Shiro submitted a new resource:

Trust+ Risk Analysis System - Block Disposable Email Addresses, Proxies, VPNs, and known-bad users!

Trust+ Risk Analysis System
Trust+ is a risk analysis system designed to aid forum administrators, e-shop owners, contest hosts and other webmasters in weeding out fraudulent registrations. Unlike similar services, Trust+ takes a multi-faceted approach to identify different risk factors. Detections include:

• The detection and blocking of Tor users
  • The detection and blocking of disposable e. mail addresses
  • The detection and blocking of fake e. mail...

Read more about this resource...

Shiro updated Trust+ Risk Analysis System with a new update entry:

New features, now free for non-commercial use!

• Trust+ is now free for non-commercial users. 100 API queries per month are granted to free users.
  • You can now optionally report your bans to Trust+, which will help us build our user reputation system.
  • Trust+ will now report the difference between residential and commercial networks, which can be optionally used for blocking purposes.
  • Trust+ now detects connections made from IP ranges, ASNs, and hosts determined to be 'high risk'. (ex. serving malware, spam hosts,...

Read the rest of this update entry...

• The detection and blocking of fake e. mail addresses
  • The detection of users who may be using proxy services, VPNs, or other identity masking services.

The issue on my forum are human spammers. Can this somehow deal with those?

• The detection and blocking of fake e. mail addresses
  • The detection of users who may be using proxy services, VPNs, or other identity masking services.
The issue on my forum are human spammers. Can this somehow deal with those?
Human spammers commonly use proxies, disposable email addresses, and identity masking services in order to evade bans and make it harder for you to remove them from your community. It is also possible that they use a bot to register the account, and then turn over the account to a human. The reverse is also possible (human registrant that turns an account over to a bot). Trust+ is designed to block fraudulent registrations, regardless if they're from a bot or a human. There is no 'solve all' for human spam, but we certainly help prevent it.

Shiro updated Trust+ Risk Analysis System with a new update entry:

VPN Detection, Manual Approval, and more!

New Features
  • Advanced VPN detection algorithm was added. We can detect confirmed VPN configurations with 60% accuracy, and suspected VPNs with about 90% accuracy. However, some badly-configured mobile networks may inadvertently be flagged as suspected VPNs.
  • You now have the ability to have a threshold to require manual user approval if a certain score is met. This helps prevent false positives, as you can determine a score at which the system rejects registrations...

Read the rest of this update entry...

If you want to allow vpn access, what setting(s) would one revise? I ask, because cellphone users often employ a vpn when accesing the internet via local unknown/untrusted wifi.

If you want to allow vpn access, what setting(s) would one revise? I ask, because cellphone users often employ a vpn when accesing the internet via local unknown/untrusted wifi.
Hello,

You would adjust the tags for vpn/probable and vpn/detected to zero in your scoring settings in the Trust+ panel.

Will work? if the site is connected cloudflare
This is more complicated than a yes or no answer. If your community is setup to receive the real IP address of Cloudflare users through mod_cloudflare, it will certainly work. The Trust+ add-on uses the same IP address that is logged to a user's Xenforo account. However, VPN Detection & Client Assisted Validation will NOT work correctly with cloudflare and may cause a user to be falsely flagged as behind a virtual private network (so you'd need to turn CAV off).

@Shiro

I dont know what did i wrong, but this Addon is not working. I downloaded the Package, moved it to library, installed the .xml + insert my API Key in the Settings. But when someone registers, i get Server Error:

TrustPlus\ConnectionFailureException: Failed to query the Trust+ API. The following exception occurred: - library/TrustPlus/Client.php:105 :( :(

@Shiro

I dont know what did i wrong, but this Addon is not working. I downloaded the Package, moved it to library, installed the .xml + insert my API Key in the Settings. But when someone registers, i get Server Error:

TrustPlus\ConnectionFailureException: Failed to query the Trust+ API. The following exception occurred: - library/TrustPlus/Client.php:105 :( :(
Hello.

Can you take a screenshot of the server error log with the stack trace included? Also provide me the URL of your board. You can send this to me via PM or to shiro.ulv@trust.plus

ok, i am not sure if it`s working now. Just reinstalled. I installed TOR, and tried to register in my Forum: Sorry, we cannot create an account for you at this time. Please contact the staff if this error persists.

Where can i find the Logs from Trust+? And can i translate this Error Message to German? A completely German Translation would be nice.

Thx m8

//

Code:
Aktion: Abgelehnt - Trust+ blocked a registration attempt: score 11701, tag ip/net/server (1200), tag ip/open-port/443 (1), tag ip/open-port/80 (500), tag ip/tor-exit (10000), IP 5.79.68.161, user agent "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/38.0"

Last edited:
Top Bottom