1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Trouble with promotions

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Okuma Steve, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Okuma Steve

Okuma Steve Member

I'm trying to add all users to a secondary user group and I can't get it to work.

I created a usergroup promotion and tried various settings but it never added anyone to the secondary group. Right now I have it set up with these parameters and when I run it manually in the cron menu nothing happens.

promo one.PNG promo2.PNG

2. Okuma Steve

Okuma Steve Member

So is there another way to go about mass moving users?

3. Okuma Steve

Okuma Steve Member

Ah, found it!

4. Okuma Steve

Okuma Steve Member

Never mind, it didn't work, so why is this not working?

ntows.PNG

5. Andrej

Andrej Well-Known Member

Have you clicked the 'Update Users' button?

6. Okuma Steve

Okuma Steve Member

Yes, I clicked the update users button.

7. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Have any of the members which met the promotion criteria been active recently?

Promotions take effect on session creation now.

8. Okuma Steve

Okuma Steve Member

I understand that which is why I was using the batch update to do it. It only needs to be done once so I do not actually need a promotion set up.

9. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Are you saying it doesn't add them to the secondary group? When I try this locally it's fine, so I don't see why it wouldn't work for you. What happens when you click the update button?

10. Okuma Steve

Okuma Steve Member

I click update and it then takes me to a screen that says processing, and then to the "home screen" of the admin panel. I then go search and find that no accounts were actually added to the secondary group.

11. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

If you can submit a ticket with admin CP and FTP, along with the criteria I need to select, I can look into this.

12. Okuma Steve

Okuma Steve Member

Sure thing, I'll do it now.