XF 1.5 trouble with outgoing mail

Dwell

All mails generated by my forum goes right to SPAM at gmail.com.
Now outgoing mail is sending from address "domain.myhoster.com", not "name.mydomain.com"
I can't find settings to resolve this issue.
At the page admin.php?options/list/emailOptions i have default email as my "name.mydomain.com", but it doesn't help...

Thanks. But it doesn't help much :(
I mean the guide for using Google as your SMTP server is outdated I couldn't find "Aps Editions - Standart". So, I can't register there. Is there any other solution for this?

I tried to get other smtp server and now I have errors:

Zend_Http_Client_Adapter_Exception: ReCAPTCHA (No CAPTCHA) connection error: Unable to Connect to ssl://www.google.com:443. Error #0: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Temporary failure in name resolution - library/Zend/Http/Client/Adapter/Socket.php:235

Last edited:
The last error is a DNS error and related to CAPTCHA stuff. It's not involved in mail at all.

Google doesn't provide free Google Apps for Domains now; you have to pay. Alternatively, your provider may have an SMTP server you can use. If those aren't options, you can look at sending your mail through mail delivery services like Mandrill (which can be accessed via SMTP).

I'm interested... but how happy xenforo users solved this problem?
And why xenforo don't send mails, unlike Wordpress - with my domain name that I set up in settings?

I'm interested... but how happy xenforo users solved this problem?
And why xenforo don't send mails, unlike Wordpress - with my domain name that I set up in settings?
Because you have to have an MTA installed to send mail (which if wordpress is working it does) or you have to use an SMTP relay.
How did I solve it? I set up Postfix, DoveCot, OpenDKIM, ClamAV, Spam Assassin and PostGrey (think there were a few other things but I'd have to check my notes).

Top Bottom