1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Trophy "Personal Details" question

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by dethfire, Mar 5, 2015.

1. dethfire

dethfire Well-Known Member

I have some custom profile fields. I just want to award the trophy if a member fills in that field. It can be anything. But the text says "User value contains text:". So if I leave it blank will it award to anyone who has it filled out or award it to everyone because I didn't specify any text or to no one?

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

There isn't a way (out of the box) to match anything in custom fields in criteria.

3. dethfire

"Custom User Field Criteria" (Personal Details and Contact Details) is not out of the box? I see the tab for two forums and I don't think they are the result of any addon.

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

What Mike means is it's not possible to do a wildcard match for custom user field content.

You can only match specific content.

5. dethfire

Ah, so if I checkmark the box but leave the input box blank, what happens?

6. Brogan

Give it a try.

7. dethfire

hmmm I will look foolish if members receive a trophy they shouldn't have. I just want them to receive the trophy if they filled anything in. If nothing, then no trophy. Is that the same as wildcard?

8. Brogan

9. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

If you check the box but leave it blank, it will still potentially match an empty string.