1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trophies

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by JackieeXP, Jul 15, 2012.

1. JackieeXP

JackieeXP Member

For some reason i hit 30 messages and im suppost to get trophie from default when its been installed. no one and i mean NO ONE is getting their tophies and points after doing what its required to earn trophies.

2. Vincent

Vincent Well-Known Member

Are you aware that that is controlled by cron entry that runs at specific times?
    You can manually run them if you want. Admin CP -> Tools -> Cron Entries -> Update User Trophies

It's set to update every 40 minutes as default.

Yorick likes this.
  3. JackieeXP

JackieeXP Member

so is there anyway to like make it update closes to 0 minute or 1 second ? or at least 1 minute?
    because my friend posted few messages and still havnt got points. im the only one who got points

4. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You can run it manually:

Admin CP -> Tools -> Cron Entries -> Update User Trophies -> Controls: Run

You can also edit the cron so it runs more frequently if you wish.

Yorick likes this.
  5. Vincent

Yes, you can edit it. When on the cron entry page, click on "Update User Trophies". There you can change it to X minutes. 1 is a possibility, but I don't recommend that. I'd say 15 minutes is more close to the minimum I'd set it if I were you.

Yorick likes this.
  6. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

You probably wouldn't want it to run that often.

The reason it isn't live and the reason it's by default at 40 minutes is because it's quite a performance intensive task.

Although on a small board every second might work fine - imagine if you had thousands of active members.

I would suggest leaving it at 40 minutes, but yeah it can be changed by going to:

Admin CP > Tools > Cron Entries > Update User Entries

and change the value in there to run at X minutes.

7. JackieeXP

JackieeXP Member

ok :) thanks alot! ill set it to 10 . so your saying that every x minute the server will update or check ?

Yorick likes this.
  8. Chris D

Three answers for the price of one.

Now that's a bargain ;)

Yeah that's right.

JackieeXP likes this.
  9. Vincent

And I owned 2 guys in posting before them. I'm on a roll!

ArnyVee, JackieeXP and Yorick like this.
  10. JackieeXP

JackieeXP Member

11. Vincent

Just a notice. If you notice this affects your website's speed in some way, please set it back to 20-30 minutes.

Yorick likes this.
  12. JackieeXP

JackieeXP Member

thanks then. but the other issue is that one of my users posted 3 messages and default , when u post the 1st message you get 1 point. he didnt get it and also another user. :/

13. Vincent

If you set the updater to 10 mins, wait 10 minutes. If the problem continues then, please report it again here :) (Or you can Run it manually)

14. Chris D

Admin CP -> Tools -> Cron Entries -> Update User Trophies -> Controls: Run

Did you run this, yet?

15. JackieeXP

JackieeXP Member

im not quiet sure what you mean with controls:run

i did disable then enable and members still didnt get points

16. Vincent

Disabling/Enabling won't work.

Try this:
    Screen Shot 2012-07-15 at 14.44.03.png

Nothing better than a photograph.

JackieeXP likes this.
  17. JackieeXP

JackieeXP Member

i did control:run and still show 0 for my users.

18. Vincent

That's nearly impossible.
    Can you give me a link to the profile you are talking about please? (If you don't wanna post it in public, feel free to send it in a PM)

19. JackieeXP

JackieeXP Member

20. Vincent

The only thing I could think of that's gone wrong is that you edited when the Throphies are awarded and that something went wrong there. Try doing what Jake tells you here: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/recalculate-trophy-points.30800/#post-351948