[TRN] RSS Extended [Deleted]

sorry frang can you refund
Transaction ID #8S8483988Y4811827
Sure I will refund You as promised. I will start a private conversation with You because I'm interested to know what it is that's not working. Thanks!

Last edited:
thank you Mr Farang ..
tha addon work perfectly .. just a misunderstanding
i hope you developed the addon to be have more options..
thank you again and sorry for my english :)

@farang
Does this add-on allow me to have an RSS feed with only the new threads (not the replies)?

Yes sure it does.

By default an RSS item is considered new and placed at the top of the feed based on the time stamp of the last post in the thread. By checking "Get RSS item time from the date and time of the first post in thread" , the newest RSS items will be those with the latest thread creation dates (first post in thread). If You check this option, You'd probably also want to set the two options above to "First post".

Cheers!

Thanks @farang
So I would only see the new threads in the RSS feed, no replies at all. Replies should be completely ignored, also for the time stamp.

I bought it, but I might have a problem. I want one RSS feed from all forums together, only with the new threads. So not per forum. How to do this?

Thanks @farang
So I would only see the new threads in the RSS feed, no replies at all. Replies should be completely ignored, also for the time stamp.

Yes.

I bought it, but I might have a problem. I want one RSS feed from all forums together, only with the new threads. So not per forum. How to do this?

The add-on affects both forum specific RSS feeds as well as the global RSS feed.

Your global RSS feed should be at https://YOURFORUM/forums/-/index.rss You can find an orange colored symbol linking to your global RSS feed at the right bottom of every web page in your forum. (You can see how the orange symbol looks like on this web page)

;)

Will this work with... [bd] Attachment Store Add-on??? I am currently using [bd] Attachment Store with amazon s3 where images are off loaded to s3 bucket... I purchased your add-on hoping it would work, and I cant seem to get it to... Any thoughts???

Will this work with... [bd] Attachment Store Add-on??? I am currently using [bd] Attachment Store with amazon s3 where images are off loaded to s3 bucket... I purchased your add-on hoping it would work, and I cant seem to get it to... Any thoughts???

Hi @lookforthat

The add-on only handles images that are attached to posts in the thread. It won't handle images from a 3rd party hosting provider. If You can send me Your order number in a private message I will refund You. ;)

Request:

url based choice for how items are fetched. That way we can share/use per forum as needed.

mysite.com/forums/forum1.19/index.rss?&sort=threadcreatedate&link=firstpost

mysite.com/forums/forum1.19/index.rss?&sort=lastpostdate&link=lastpost

plus, any other variables you offer, though I personally don't need/want.

Would also be nice if you could add an extra non-standard url field for both first post/last post, so that both are available, and both can be parsed out of the feed into content.

That way we can display the first post link, with a small icon next to it going to the last post for regular visitors who've already read the thread, and just want to pick back up on the newest stuff. Maybe a third "unread" for logged in users to use.

Request:

url based choice for how items are fetched. That way we can share/use per forum as needed.

mysite.com/forums/forum1.19/index.rss?&sort=threadcreatedate&link=firstpost

mysite.com/forums/forum1.19/index.rss?&sort=lastpostdate&link=lastpost

plus, any other variables you offer, though I personally don't need/want.

Would also be nice if you could add an extra non-standard url field for both first post/last post, so that both are available, and both can be parsed out of the feed into content.

That way we can display the first post link, with a small icon next to it going to the last post for regular visitors who've already read the thread, and just want to pick back up on the newest stuff. Maybe a third "unread" for logged in users to use.

Thanks @alex2k5 for Your kind suggestions which will be considered for sure.

I have taken over this add-on as of March 2, 2017. The file is now on Tux Reports. License holders should make an account on Tux Reports and send me a PM with the new account name so that I can transfer a new license for any updates.

Hi @LPH
I registered on your site, but I can not start PC there with you??
I will send you here a PC, with paypal transaction ID.
My username on your forum is same as here (y)

Top Bottom