[TRN] Discussion Preview [Deleted]

I thought there was nothing to improve on this addon, but boy was I wrong. Excellent work m8! Keep it coming ;)

Possible to remove smilies from the preview? Or to show only smiley code?

It's not a setting in the options at the moment, but you can do it yourself if you really want...

In fgX/DiscussionPreview/Xenforo/Model/Thread.php

Find...
Code:
// Get me some smilies...
     $formatter = XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base::create('XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Text');
     $message = $formatter->replaceSmiliesInText($message, '');
     $pThread['messageParsed'] = $message;

Replace...
Code:
// Get me some smilies...
    // $formatter = XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base::create('XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Text');
   //  $message = $formatter->replaceSmiliesInText($message, '');
     $pThread['messageParsed'] = $message;

...and that will display the smilie code

It's not a setting in the options at the moment, but you can do it yourself if you really want...
Thanks @RichardKYA ;)

Possible to remove smilies from the preview? Or to show only smiley code?

I'd like this add-on to be as versatile as possible so of course it shall provide some options for smilies too. I've added a couple of options this morning in a Version 2.1.0 Pre release (I can't release new official versions every day, or you will get mad at me!) This is what it looks like:
pre_release.webp
As You see I've also included an option to use common placeholders in the preview text. Personally I don't use them but someone might want to.

For You guys who can't wait for the official release of the next version, just use your old download link and there will be an additional download named "addon-DiscussionPreview_v2.1.0_prerelease.zip" :rolleyes: (New customers can choose to install the pre-release right away if desired)

I'd like this add-on to be as versatile as possible so of course it shall provide some options for smilies too. I've added a couple of options this morning in a Version 2.1.0 Pre release (I can't release new official versions every day, or you will get mad at me!)
Works like it should and I'm not mad at all! ;)

@farang It think it would be useful if the preview text is clickable and link to post (like when you click on title).

This is how I set mine up myself before the "clickable url" update, but after that I decided to keep the urls clickable for a couple of reasons, the main one being, you can't have nested <a> tags which is something that could happen if the user has clickable urls in the preview.

Future Preview 5.0.0 :D

Noice ;)

This is how I set mine up myself before the "clickable url" update, but after that I decided to keep the urls clickable for a couple of reasons, the main one being, you can't have nested <a> tags which is something that could happen if the user has clickable urls in the preview.
True, but maybe to give it as an option if you're not using clickable url in preview. Then it will work like on some social networks and maybe even better for touch devices.

Just bought this tonight and after loading it see no change. I uninstalled and reinstalled and still nothing.

Hi, I got this a few days ago and now there is an update, but unsure where to obtain the update?
Check your email with download link from FatchApp.

Just bought this tonight and after loading it see no change. I uninstalled and reinstalled and still nothing.
Check also Discussion Preview Length in ACP option Threads, Discussions and Conversations.

Last edited:
Hi @farang
Have you thought to show Post preview in Forum list?
This can be a nice feature.

That's a nice suggestion. Thanks. I will consider it. ;)

Hi, I got this a few days ago and now there is an update, but unsure where to obtain the update?
As @BassMan already wrote you should have an e-mail from fetchapp.com whenever there is an update. Sometimes these e-mails can end up in the SPAM e-mail folder, so check there. If You accidentally deleted your e-mail you can send me a personal PM telling me what e-mail you used when you bought the add-on.

As @BassMan already wrote, check in the Admin Control Panel for the settings. Did that solve the problem?

Top Bottom