Trending Content [Unsupported]

Trending Content [Unsupported] [Paid] 3.0.0 Beta 5

No permission to buy (£20.00)
I just tested this on my site and it's working perfectly.

Are you sure you aren't confusing the widget options with the page options? When you go to admin panel -> options -> trending topics, the options on that page control yourdomain.com/trending-topics. When you edit the options for widgets, it only controls the specific widget.

Yes, they do right now, but didn't on yesterdays screenshot. I've also reverted to v1 0.0 again. Saying that, you can see it isn't being ordered by thread start date though either.

Yes, they do right now, but didn't on yesterdays screenshot.
Ok, I can't really troubleshoot a problem that isn't happening right now/regularly though.

I've also reverted to v1 0.0 again.
Why?

Saying that, you can see it isn't being ordered by thread start date though either.
And it's not supposed to, for reasons I explained:

As for the sorting, your "age type" setting does not dictate this, that's just to limit the results to threads that were either created x days ago or posted in x days ago. They are always sorted by the algorithm type you select.

Oh... the bottom one isn't, 23 replies... oh and 20 replies. To me that says its taking views OR replies, not views+replies.
What are you talking about? You have it set for a minimum of 20 replies and 250 views, that thread has 23 replies and 311 views, it should be displayed.

As for what views+replies means: that is the trending alogrithm. It ranks it based on how many repies+views the thread has received divided by the number of hours since being created.

Like I said, there was never an option for ordering. The idea isn't to show you most recent threads. It's to show you the top trending threads based on the algorithm of your choice. I'm not likely to change that.

Nice add-on. One thing I would really like to have is to view the page /trending-topics only with special permissions.

So that for example unregistered users are getting redirected to the login-page und registered users see the content of the page. Might that be possible in the future?

Nice add-on. One thing I would really like to have is to view the page /trending-topics only with special permissions.

So that for example unregistered users are getting redirected to the login-page und registered users see the content of the page. Might that be possible in the future?
Definetely possible.

Some members have reported that when they look at the Trending Topics tab,all the threads present are marked unread despite them not opening them.

Using this with the Unread Post Count addon causes the navbar link to not show. Is there any fix for that?

Temporary fix. (see image or visit my site ;))

Go to Admin > Appearance > Template Modifications > Unread Post Count (navigation)

Replace the contents of the "Replace" box with this:
Code:
$0 <xen:include template="unread_posts_count" />
<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.avf_trendingtopics_displayNav}">
<li><a href="{xen:link 'trending-topics'}" rel="nofollow">{xen:phrase 'avf_trending_topics'}</a></li>
</xen:if>

Forums_General_Chatter_-_2015-05-10_21.33.41.webp

Top Bottom