Trending Content [Unsupported]

Trending Content [Unsupported] [Paid] 3.0.0 Beta 5

No permission to buy (£20.00)
I see this error with Trending Content 2.1.0 clicking on the 'Trending Posts' tab with Post Ratings support turned on (Post Ratings 1.7.5 installed). Any ideas?

Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : BIGINT UNSIGNED value is out of range in '((`xenforo`.`post`.`likes` + (select count(0) from `xenforo`.`dark_postrating` `pr` USE INDEX (`post_id_rating`) where ((`xenforo`.`pr`.`post_id` = `xenforo`.`post`.`post_id`) and (`xenforo`.`pr`.`rating` in (4,5,6,8))))) - (select count(0) from `xenforo`.`dark_postrating` `pr` USE INDEX (`post_id_rating`) where ((`xenforo`.`pr`.`post_id` = `xenforo`.`post`.`post_id`) and (`xenforo`.`pr`.`rating` in (14,11,13,3)))))'

I assume the latest update didn't fix this error, as I'm still getting it with the new version:

Code:
Error Info
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Method XenForo_Template_Public::__toString() must not throw an exception, caught TypeError: Argument 4 passed to XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::helperLikesHtml() must be of the type array, null given, called in /var/www/myptsd/html/c/library/XenForo/Template/Helper/Core.php on line 853 - internal_data/templates/S.76,L.1,avf_trendingtopics_wrapper.php:0
Generated By: AlexandriaSupertramp, Yesterday at 4:31 AM
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(47) "https://www.myptsd.com/c/trending/profile-posts"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
   ["/c/trending/profile-posts"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Does the widget take into consideration the settings in options? It seems to show different results than the actual Trending Topics page and the query seems to be a rather rough one on larger boards.

Ok, with the latest version when activating profile posts as trending, I get the a blank page for trending profile posts and:

Code:
Error Info
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Method XenForo_Template_Public::__toString() must not throw an exception, caught TypeError: Argument 4 passed to XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::helperLikesHtml() must be of the type array, null given, called in /var/www/myptsd/html/c/library/XenForo/Template/Helper/Core.php on line 853 - internal_data/templates/S.76,L.1,avf_trendingtopics_wrapper.php:0
Generated By: anthony, A moment ago
Stack Trace
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Does the widget take into consideration the settings in options? It seems to show different results than the actual Trending Topics page and the query seems to be a rather rough one on larger boards.
Can you show us screen captures of the two so we can compare, please?
Ok, with the latest version when activating profile posts as trending, I get the a blank page for trending profile posts and:

Code:
Error Info
Generated By: anthony, A moment ago
Stack Trace
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}
Thank you. Investigating.

Am interested in installing this for XF1.5. Can anyone confirm it is still functional? Thanks!

Ray

Fingers crossed for this add-on to be updated to use with XF 2 and its own widget system. :)
I'm considering purchasing this product. However, I have one important question first: will this be coming to Xenforo 2? If so, what is the projected time frame? Thanks!
The plan is to create this addon for Xenforo 2 for release some time in May. @Xon will be doing the work.
Am interested in installing this for XF1.5. Can anyone confirm it is still functional? Thanks!

Ray
Yes, it's running on AVForums.com

Last edited:
I recently purchased and installed this on XF1.5 and it works fine with the exception of a missing header over the discussion list. See attached:

What the header *should* look like:

Screen Shot 2018-04-10 at 11.51.44 PM.webp

And what it looks like under Trending:

Screen Shot 2018-04-10 at 11.52.09 PM.webp

It works fine and all, it's just a little off-throwing when viewing it like it's unfinished work without the header above the discussion list. Can you tweak this?

Thanks,
Ray

P.S. Is it also possible to use age of thread and last posts together to help filter out old threads which still get posts from folks just chattering away on old topics that aren't really considered trending?

For example, setting a thread limit of 3 days old *and* a last post date of 1 day. That way it shows topics that are fresh and active.

I'm wondering if it's also possible to have more granular time setting by hours. Like 36 hours? I ask because we get a ton of traffic and threads that are 2 days (48) old are showing up from live games we are covering and are no longer relevant.

Thanks,
Ray

Last edited:
Top Bottom