Trending Content [Unsupported]

Trending Content [Unsupported] [Paid] 3.0.0 Beta 5

No permission to buy (£20.00)
Is there a way to enable the sidebar without bd widget framework?
I would just rather be rid of the framework entirely.
Guys I am using the widget framework perfectly well on AVForums, but trending content can be made to work without the widget framework, and the cost of coding it is $200. I am prepared to pay half of this. Are you guys willing to contribute $50 each?

Reactions: Xon
I'm probably going to do away with the trending block anyway, so, don't wait for me on this one. We're finding it doesn't do much for us.

Guys I am using the widget framework perfectly well on AVForums, but trending content can be made to work without the widget framework, and the cost of coding it is $200. I am prepared to pay half of this. Are you guys willing to contribute $50 each?

I'm a bit reluctant to jump on this now with XF2 presumably so close but we'd definitely be interested in chipping in to this if it's available for XF2.

Nope, we stuck with xenporta but with XF2 (depending on how it goes), I think we're likely to change.
There are some addons for Xenforo (like widgets, post ratings and font awesome) which are so widely used, that I'd be amazed if they aren't included in the core of XF2.

I'm not sure whether this is a bug or just missed the code in the template maybe.

A user has reported that he/she has a user on ignore but the ignored user's threads still show up in the sidebar widget.

Aren't "views" considered into the equation of trending? If a thread, say an announcement is locked, and it has 100,000 views, seems it would be trending. It would be a "hot" topic that is practically a must see. I certainly wouldn't like to see it removed from trending simply because it's locked.

ill pitch in for this. I just bought the trending content only to realize that widget framework was last updated two years ago. i saw that the framework was needed but didn't realize it is no longer being updated.

I also need an option to show the widget on top of the forums, in two columns if possible, so I can fit 10 threads in the same space that 5 threads would fit in 1 column.

Top Bottom