Trending Content [Unsupported]

Trending Content [Unsupported] [Paid] 3.0.0 Beta 5

No permission to buy (£20.00)
I just uploaded a new zip in place of the old one. You just need to upload /library/AVForums/TrendingTopics/Listener.php.

I'm not saying @Liam W made a rookie mistake with the widgets but he didn't not make a rookie mistake with the widgets. :p

Is this how the Trending Profile Posts are supposed to appear?
upload_2016-3-4_13-35-54.webp

Also, is there supposed to be a Nav link to the Trending Content page?

I just uploaded a new zip in place of the old one. You just need to upload /library/AVForums/TrendingTopics/Listener.php.

I'm not saying @Liam W made a rookie mistake with the widgets but he didn't not make a rookie mistake with the widgets. :p
Got it. Can you explain a few of these options please?

1.webp

-The widget for trending posts asks for a template. What are we supposed to fill out there?

-what do the different thread sorting algorithms do?

-If you want to use hours for the age, do you put that in a decimal point? so 6 hours is .25?

-

Got it. Can you explain a few of these options please?

View attachment 129823

-The widget for trending posts asks for a template. What are we supposed to fill out there?

-what do the different thread sorting algorithms do?

-If you want to use hours for the age, do you put that in a decimal point? so 6 hours is .25?

-
Looks like a phrase is missing, thanks for pointing that out. Aside from that to answer your questions:

- For the template, it'll autocomplete as you type, avf_trendingtopics_widget and avf_trendingtopics_widget_alt are the default ones for threads. I made it this way so that admins can make their own templates if they want since there was some debate over how it should look a while back.

- For threads:
  • replies = reply_count / hours elapsed since originally posted
  • views = view_count / hours elapsed since originally posted.
  • replies_views = (view_count+reply_count) / hours elapsed since originally posted.
- entering a decimal should work, I don't have the code open but there's a chance it'll round to the nearest whole number. If that happens, I will make an edit to allow the field to be a float instead of an integer.

Is this how the Trending Profile Posts are supposed to appear?
View attachment 129824

Also, is there supposed to be a Nav link to the Trending Content page?
This might be a theme issue. Mine looks like:

upload_2016-3-4_13-57-59.webp

There might need to be a nav link. There is an option to display the navigation tab but it's in the sub menu of each content type (forums -> trending topics, media -> trending media).

It looks like it's doing it on the default style as well, although no html is being loaded at all on it:

Screenshot_14.webp

Oh, I didn't realize the post content was blank in that screenshot. I thought he was asking about the spacing between posts. I'm not entirely sure what that's all about. I'll check it out.

Looks like a phrase is missing, thanks for pointing that out. Aside from that to answer your questions:

- For the template, it'll autocomplete as you type, avf_trendingtopics_widget and avf_trendingtopics_widget_alt are the default ones for threads. I made it this way so that admins can make their own templates if they want since there was some debate over how it should look a while back.

- For threads:
  • replies = reply_count / hours elapsed since originally posted
  • views = view_count / hours elapsed since originally posted.
  • replies_views = (view_count+reply_count) / hours elapsed since originally posted.
- entering a decimal should work, I don't have the code open but there's a chance it'll round to the nearest whole number. If that happens, I will make an edit to allow the field to be a float instead of an integer.

This might be a theme issue. Mine looks like:

View attachment 129825

There might need to be a nav link. There is an option to display the navigation tab but it's in the sub menu of each content type (forums -> trending topics, media -> trending media).
The Trending Threads widget isn't showing at all and I can't get it to come up no matter what I do.

put "avf_trendingtopics_widget" as the template.
1.webp

So Max Thread Age seems to refer to the age of the thread creation, not how long ago the thread was replied to. If I put 1 as the age, nothing shows up. If I put 100, it shows me these threads, but the problem is that these threads were not replied to recently. I honestly have no rhyme or reason as to why its showing them.

Judging by your options it seems like a bug. Unfortunately I'm on my phone, in the car, at the moment. I will take a look soon though.

Yeah that's a spot I missed changing the link. I'll fix it along with the messed up phrase in the widget options. I think it's close to perfect after that.

Could you send me a conversation message with the queries that are running on the page with that widget? That should absolutely be displaying threads that have a post within the last x (widget option) days.

With your 2.x version, I'm getting a frontend error on the profile tab page only:

Code:
Template Errors: avf_trendingtopics_profile_posts
Argument 4 passed to XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::helperLikesHtml() must be of the type array, null given in /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/XenForo/Template/Helper/Core.php, line 411
Argument 4 passed to XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::helperLikesHtml() must be of the type array, null given in /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/XenForo/Template/Helper/Core.php, line 411

is there an algorithm for "latest post" + "number of replies" ?

So that "latest posts" which are having "1 Reply" will pop to the top of the Trending-list and if more than "1 Reply" it will also consider the "number of replies" ?
In order to see "latest posts" at the very top, but sorted by the amount of replies ("latest-posts" with "most replies" listed on top).

Last edited:
Top Bottom