Trending Content [Unsupported]

Trending Content [Unsupported] [Paid] 3.0.0 Beta 5

No permission to buy (£20.00)
I apologize, I know a few of you are waiting on features. I have not forgotten about this add-on, there have just been several other focuses. The 2.0 version of this has been running pretty stable, adding the rss functionality shouldn't take much, neither should the functionality @Rambro is waiting on, I just have to make some time to crank it out.

Hey @Daniel Hood , I plan to have sidebars in 'thread_view'

In "thread view", Can I have "Forum specific Trending content" .

Is this possible?
Threads in Forum A showing "trending content of Forum A" on sidebar
Threads in Forum B showing "trending content of Forum B" on sidebar
Threads in Forum C showing "trending content of Forum C" on sidebar

Yes. V2 is back under development. I had gotten side tracked with numerous other tasks and it got pushed back. I recently made it a higher priority though.

I have @Liam W working on adding a couple more content types. Shouldn't be much longer. Though I should mention, he's also working on some other stuff as well :)

I have @Liam W working on adding a couple more content types. Shouldn't be much longer. Though I should mention, he's also working on some other stuff as well :)
are you and Liam working together? got a ballpark estimate? i know how busy you are with your other addons, and now you're taking on Stuart's classified addon, I feel like this wont get done until christmas.

Liam has been working for me since September. He's been responsible for a wide variety of new features in The Essentials series along with the latest update of Bookmarks.

It'll definitely be before Christmas. Sorry again about the delays.

Hey @Daniel Hood , I plan to have sidebars in 'thread_view'

In "thread view", Can I have "Forum specific Trending content" .

Is this possible?
Threads in Forum A showing "trending content of Forum A" on sidebar
Threads in Forum B showing "trending content of Forum B" on sidebar
Threads in Forum C showing "trending content of Forum C" on sidebar

One usage for me would be to put a sidebar in our Classifieds category node, and have it display trending threads in that category's six child forums as well as on the category page. But I can see this being a nightmare on the admin side. There would have to be a way to create trending "block units" and give forum assignments to each, then somehow get those block units to display only in the nodes you'd want them to. Seems complex.

Example: we create a block called Classifieds Trending Content. Select the six chosen forum nodes as the feed. Then, select the seven nodes to display the block in (the category node, and the six forum nodes). That would of course require a widget system or a template edit to create a sidebar (both of which are available elsewhere).

Question! :D

It creates a page, I know. I also see it can be a sidebar widget, but I don't want to install that framework. (I have another "bd" product that is not well supported, and, I don't need that overhead on a big board that is seeing over 1800 visitors online during peak hours.)

Is there a way to add a sidebar block manually?

Top Bottom