Trending Content [Unsupported]

Trending Content [Unsupported] [Paid] 3.0.0 Beta 5

No permission to buy (£20.00)
Can someone help me style this so it looks more like the [bd] Widget renderer: Threads - Latest Replies, the "Sidebar (avatar, title and one extra line)" apperance? I can pay up front on PayPal.

replace avf_trendingtopics_widget with:

Code:
    <xen:if hascontent="true">
        <div class="avatarList">
            <ul>
                <xen:contentcheck>
                    <xen:foreach loop="$threads" value="$thread">
                        <xen:include template="wf_widget_threads_thread_sidebar">
                            <xen:set var="$_threadLink">{xen:if '{$visitor.user_id} > 0', {xen:link threads/unread, $thread}, {xen:link posts, {xen:array 'post_id={$thread.last_post_id}'}}}</xen:set>
                            <xen:set var="$_secondRow">
                                {xen:phrase wf_x_posted, 'user=<a href="{xen:link 'members', $thread}" class="username">{$thread.username}</a>'} <xen:datetime time="{$thread.last_post_date}" />
                            </xen:set>
                        </xen:include>
                    </xen:foreach>
                </xen:contentcheck>
            </ul>
        </div>

<xen:include template="preview_tooltip" />
    </xen:if>

and add this to your EXTRA.css:

Code:
.sidebar .AVForums_TrendingTopics_Widget_TrendingTopics .avatarList .username {
display: inline;
font-size: inherit;
margin: 0;
}

Should give you what you want.

The page will work but there aren't any portal blocks available. I'm not sure if you can run bd widget framework and XenPorta at the same time.

One more suggestion is to keep threads that are still active as trending even if it passes the X days configured in the ACP. If a thread is still alive and people keep commenting in, I guess it should still stay in the list if there are not other "trending" new threads to present there. For example, I made a list of 20 threads, and I have only 15 trending trends based on my configuration, the other 5 should be old trending trends that people keep commenting in those threads.

I'm not entirely sure what you're showing me..

Looks like the same thread was posted in two forums.

Weird - if you hover over them they have different id numbers but if you follow the links you end up in the same thread. The second link is wrong but I'm not sure why. I do believe the thread was moved from one forum to another, but that shouldn't cause a problem, should it?

Weird - if you hover over them they have different id numbers but if you follow the links you end up in the same thread. The second link is wrong but I'm not sure why. I do believe the thread was moved from one forum to another, but that shouldn't cause a problem, should it?
This is resolved. It was because of the thread being moved and leaving a redirect in the original node.

I am wondering whether this is working correctly or not now... I have my settings to thread date, yet they order on last post, and even all over the place at times. I have my minimum reply count at 20 and views 250, yet you can see trending topics with 17 replies or less, and less views now. It worked great until I updated recently...

Screen Shot 2015-02-10 at 7.43.56 am.webp

Screen Shot 2015-02-10 at 7.44.38 am.webp

I am wondering whether this is working correctly or not now... I have my settings to thread date, yet they order on last post, and even all over the place at times. I have my minimum reply count at 20 and views 250, yet you can see trending topics with 17 replies or less, and less views now. It worked great until I updated recently...

The minimum reply and view counts appear to not be working properly. I'll look into it tonight. As for the sorting, your "age type" setting does not dictate this, that's just to limit the results to threads that were either created x days ago or posted in x days ago. They are always sorted by the algorithm type you select.

Top Bottom