Trending Content [Unsupported]

Trending Content [Unsupported] [Paid] 3.0.0 Beta 5

No permission to buy (£20.00)
ill pitch in for this. I just bought the trending content only to realize that widget framework was last updated two years ago. i saw that the framework was needed but didn't realize it is no longer being updated.

I also need an option to show the widget on top of the forums, in two columns if possible, so I can fit 10 threads in the same space that 5 threads would fit in 1 column.
The widget framework is still being updated, just not on XenForo.com...you need to go to xfrock's site https://xfrocks.com/resources/ and register/log in.

ill pitch in for this. I just bought the trending content only to realize that widget framework was last updated two years ago. i saw that the framework was needed but didn't realize it is no longer being updated.

I also need an option to show the widget on top of the forums, in two columns if possible, so I can fit 10 threads in the same space that 5 threads would fit in 1 column.
The cost of updating the Trending Content addon to work without the widget framework is $200.
I don't need this functionality as we're running the widget framework fine (on php7) and will continue to do so until XF2.
But if you can find three people to contribute $50 each, I'll put in the last $50. Please let me know.
With regard to putting the widget into two columns at the top of the forum, I'll investigate that.

The cost of updating the Trending Content addon to work without the widget framework is $200.
I don't need this functionality as we're running the widget framework fine (on php7) and will continue to do so until XF2.
But if you can find three people to contribute $50 each, I'll put in the last $50. Please let me know.
With regard to putting the widget into two columns at the top of the forum, I'll investigate that.

I am running php7 as well. So you are saying the current beta version of the widget frame work works fine for you?
The two columns on top of the forum is more important to me. If we can get that work wth the widget framework, I'll stick with that.
If not, Ill go half and half with you on the $200, if you can come up another 50.

I am running php7 as well. So you are saying the current beta version of the widget frame work works fine for you?
The two columns on top of the forum is more important to me. If we can get that work wth the widget framework, I'll stick with that.
If not, Ill go half and half with you on the $200, if you can come up another 50.
We're using 2.5.9. Don't know whether that's a beta or not. I recall having to tweak something to make the widget framework work ok with PHP7, but it's a detail I didn't commit to memory.
I have asked about putting multiple columns of trending content at the top of the forum list. Remember the site needs to be responsive, so you may want more or less than two depending on the page width. There will probably be a cost for that also.

We're using 2.5.9. Don't know whether that's a beta or not. I recall having to tweak something to make the widget framework work ok with PHP7, but it's a detail I didn't commit to memory.
I have asked about putting multiple columns of trending content at the top of the forum list. Remember the site needs to be responsive, so you may want more or less than two depending on the page width. There will probably be a cost for that also.

2.5.9 was last updated Sep 2014
2.6.3 at xfrocks is beta

Yes, definitely needs to be responsive, so one column is ok for mobile, but would like 2 for default theme.
Please let me know what it will cost and we can go from there?

I have a weird problem. Registered users can't see trending posts. it shows the Page numbers, but not the actual posts (see attached)

Now my main forum (the first one on the list of forums) is blocked for registered users. Other forums are open for registered users. Both the main forum and other forums are set as allowed in options. If I remove the main forum from the list of allowed forums in options, then trending content from the other forums show up for registered users.

So in other words, if the first forum is blocked, it does not process the remaining forums, it just shows what I attached. Is this a bug?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-10-13 at 12.04.23 AM.webp
    Screen Shot 2016-10-13 at 12.04.23 AM.webp
    11.3 KB · Views: 5
Stuart Wright updated Trending Content with a new update entry:

Couple of new features and a bug fix

1. New functionality: Option to exclude closed threads. This applies both in the admin settings for the global trending topics page and individually in each [bd] Framework Widget.
2. New functionality: Content by ignored users is not shown. The Trending Topics main page has a link option to show ignored users if there are any. It appears in the bottom-right on the same row as the nav bar.
View attachment 142516
3. Bug Fix:...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I have a weird problem. Registered users can't see trending posts. it shows the Page numbers, but not the actual posts (see attached)

Now my main forum (the first one on the list of forums) is blocked for registered users. Other forums are open for registered users. Both the main forum and other forums are set as allowed in options. If I remove the main forum from the list of allowed forums in options, then trending content from the other forums show up for registered users.

So in other words, if the first forum is blocked, it does not process the remaining forums, it just shows what I attached. Is this a bug?
This has been fixed in version 2.0.2. Thanks for reporting.

Reactions: Xon
@Stuart Wright
I would pitch in 50 bucks to make this work without the Framework.
ill pitch in 100 to make it work without the widget, and with an option to show it above the forum listing page and/or each forum.
It's going to cost somewhat more than this because it's not simple.
With Xenforo 2 having widgets built-in, do you think it would be a prudent thing to do, right now?

The trending posts locked up my DB. At first it wasn't working correctly for me. I had it sent to 1 day, with 50 likes and it was showing posts with just a single like. I changed it to 2 days just to try and update it and when I saved everything locked up.

The query was as follows:
Code:
SELECT (post.likes / ((1479736269 - post.post_date) / (6060))) as trending_score, post.
thread.*, thread.user_id AS thread_user_id, thread.username AS thread_username,
thread.post_date AS thread_post_date,
post.user_id, post.username, post.post_date,
node.title AS node_title, node.node_name,
user.*, IF(user.username IS NULL, post.username, user.username) AS username,
deletion_log.delete_date, deletion_log.delete_reason,
deletion_log.delete_user_id, deletion_log.delete_username,
session_activity.view_date AS last_view_date,
permission.cache_value AS node_permission_cache,
(select max(avf_liked_content.like_date) from xf_liked_content avf_liked_content where avf_liked_content.content_id = post.post_id and avf_liked_content.content_type = 'post') as last_like_date
FROM xf_post AS post

INNER JOIN xf_thread AS thread ON
                   (thread.thread_id = post.thread_id)
               INNER JOIN xf_node AS node ON
                   (node.node_id = thread.node_id)
               LEFT JOIN xf_user AS user ON
                   (user.user_id = post.user_id)
               LEFT JOIN xf_deletion_log AS deletion_log ON
                   (deletion_log.content_type = 'post' AND deletion_log.content_id = post.post_id)
               LEFT JOIN xf_session_activity AS session_activity ON
                   (post.user_id > 0 AND session_activity.user_id = post.user_id AND session_activity.unique_key = CAST(post.user_id AS BINARY))
           LEFT JOIN xf_permission_cache_content AS permission
               ON (permission.permission_combination_id = 2829
                   AND permission.content_type = 'node'
                   AND permission.content_id = thread.node_id)
               LEFT JOIN xf_liked_content AS avf_liked_content ON
                   (avf_liked_content.content_id = post.post_id) AND (avf_liked_content.content_type = 'post')
           WHERE (thread.node_id IN ('2', '41', '3', '39', '13', '15', '6', '65', '9', '20', '4', '57', '10', '67', '12')) HAVING (last_like_date >= 1479563108)
           ORDER BY trending_score DESC

Hey guys, I'm trying to get this widget to display the most recent trending content, say popular threads from the past month or so, but it is giving me threads that were started 8 years ago. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks Optic! I can adjust the setting for the page fine, but I have no idea how to change the threads that show up in the widget. They are the same every time; the forum threads with the most posts and views, even if they are 12 years old. I can't get new trending threads to show up in the widget.

Can you take a screenshot of your settings? I think you might be adjusting the wrong page of settings - there is another page for adjusting the dedicated trending page vs. adjusting your widget settings.

Top Bottom