1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Top Thread Starters 1.0.5

This will add a mini statistic to your Forum List the sidebar. It will display the top thread starte

1. Eagle

Eagle Well-Known Member

Eaglebunker submitted a new resource:

Top Thread Starters (version 1.0.0) - This will add a mini statistic to your Forum List the sidebar. It will display the top thread starte

Read more about this resource...

Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
    Shelley likes this.
  2. Garamond

Garamond Well-Known Member

Good idea, but we need it to be in text and not images. Not every member has an avatar.

Eagle and Shelley like this.
  3. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

Good suggestion and point, I agree It would be nice to see a text based option rather than just avatars. Also, not sure whether your taking on suggestions but to ask that if you entertain the text based option for it to also inherit usergroup styling (richtext) if the admin as styled usergroup markups.

@BlackThorn Regardless of that nice work. (y)

Eagle likes this.
  4. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

It seems a Top Thread starter is more likely to have an avatar than an average user.

Lone Wolf likes this.
  5. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

I was thinking more along the lines of it being a space saver. Whilst you do make a good point sideblocks are like nav tabs they are prime areas that members fill quite quickly. Anything to minimise that is always good practice imo and as an option the admin will have a choice to pick text or avatars pending whether the OP wants to take this direction and include the suggestion in of course.

Digital Doctor likes this.
  6. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Maybe make a Top 10 most wanted Necroposters addon.
    Apparently I'll be at the top ?
    bunch of bellyachers​
    try not clicking​

Shelley likes this.
  7. Eagle

Eagle Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the suggestions. In the meantime I would guess, I will add in the next version. As a matter of fact, I'm working on adding new features for the next version of add-on.

Shelley likes this.
  8. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

Does this addon can exclude user's/user id?

9. Eagle

Eagle Well-Known Member

Not yet but I will add in the next version.

RoldanLT and Shelley like this.
  10. sybase22

sybase22 Member

It really don't work on my board i tried doing this.
    I paste the code to my PAGE_CONTAINER template
    find {xen:raw $sidebar} and paste if below or above like adding a custom slidebar block but it's still not working.

11. Eagle

Eagle Well-Known Member

Please try it in forum_list template.

12. dwdmadmac

dwdmadmac Active Member

Any suggestions to get it to work with xenporta? Putting it in forum_list has it working on index page however, the portal page does not display such.

13. Eagle

Eagle Well-Known Member

Eaglebunker updated Top Thread Starters with a new update entry:

Added some new features

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
  14. Eagle

Eagle Well-Known Member

Added this features in the new version.

I will make new module for XenPorta the next time.

Garamond likes this.
  15. Gambleru

Gambleru Member

Any chance of making this a widget for Widget Framework?

16. Eagle

Eagle Well-Known Member

If you use Widget Framework, please don't use with the sidebar in forum_list template. Just try it with Widget Framework templates or in forum_list template without the sidebar code.

17. Alien

Alien Well-Known Member

Just a note that if this is installed, your site will error-out and not load...

Clearly needs an update for 1.2.

18. Eagle

Eagle Well-Known Member

I don't do support on XF 1.2 for that add-on (and others too) yet cause I'm quite busy these days. Just disable it during this time but a new version 1.0.2 update is coming soon.

Alien likes this.
  19. Eagle

Eagle Well-Known Member

20. Inkman

Inkman Active Member

Just installed this then had to un-install it because the exclude members and groups wouldn't work.