TMDb TV Thread Starter for XenForo 1.x [Deleted]

Snog

Snog submitted a new resource:

TMDb TV Thread Starter - Start threads about TV shows the easy way!

Do you run a Television show review or discussion site? Always copying and pasting information from The Movie Database to your new threads? Or, maybe you just want a place on your site to discuss Television shows with friends.

Then this add-on is for you!

The TMDb TV Thread Starter allows you to enter the TV show ID or the entire link to the TV show at TMDb into your new thread, add whatever comments you like and post the new thread. The TMDb TV Thread Starter will import all of the...

Read more about this resource...

NOTE: The TV Thread Starter has been released without forum genre limiting. This is because the API at TMDb does not yet contain the function to get genres. Once that is added to the API, forum genre limiting will be added to the system.

Just installed...

cannot find the option/permisson to "rate" the shows, as seen on your site.

Screenshot_1.webp

---And now I've located it.

/ignore me, had a tool moment.

Would it be possible to be able to post episodes as threads instead of just as replies? :)

@Snog is there any certain reason why the ability to post single episodes as titles is not possible?

In a reply, you get this option:
Screenshot_17.webp
Yet you cannot start a topic in that manner.

Seeing as how it displays and acts like the other full show post, it wouldn't be too hard to make that an option.

Is this possible at all, or a pipe dream?

Thanks!

--Edit, I see Az posted as well. Perhaps we should communicate a bit better... hahahaha.

Would it be possible to be able to post episodes as threads instead of just as replies? :)

@Snog is there any certain reason why the ability to post single episodes as titles is not possible?

In a reply, you get this option:
View attachment 79026
Yet you cannot start a topic in that manner.

Seeing as how it displays and acts like the other full show post, it wouldn't be too hard to make that an option.

Is this possible at all, or a pipe dream?

Thanks!

--Edit, I see Az posted as well. Perhaps we should communicate a bit better... hahahaha.
If anyone read what I posted, scratch that.

I'll add this to the wish list.

But how to display it in the forum thread list, etc would need to be worked out.

Let me ask you this..

Are you talking about dedicating a node category to a single show and then posting episodes in that category?

If anyone read what I posted, scratch that.

I'll add this to the wish list.

But how to display it in the forum thread list, etc would need to be worked out.

The Walking Dead S01 E01

Something like that. Show / Season / Episode

Most seem to follow that type of format.

Let me ask you this..

Are you talking about dedicating a node category to a single show and then posting episodes in that category?

Hmm.

Lets see.

You have a general discussion area.

TV SHOW FAVORITES
  • Game of Thrones
  • The Walking Dead
  • Family Guy
  • Orange Is The New Black
You can discuss anything in the "main area". The characters, plot, history, etc...

Under each

Game of Thrones
  • Episode Discussion
The Walking Dead
  • Episode Discussion
Something of that nature....

The title I referred to above, would then be able to be used if forums were merged. You don't have the poster, all of that info, simply just the title. You can still have the ratings of each displayed as well.

Hmm.

Lets see.

You have a general discussion area.

TV SHOW FAVORITES
  • Game of Thrones
  • The Walking Dead
  • Family Guy
  • Orange Is The New Black
You can discuss anything in the "main area". The characters, plot, history, etc...

Under each

Game of Thrones
  • Episode Discussion
The Walking Dead
  • Episode Discussion
Something of that nature....

The title I referred to above, would then be able to be used if forums were merged. You don't have the poster, all of that info, simply just the title. You can still have the ratings of each displayed as well.
Thanks. That's what I needed to know because just a post of an episode by itself would seem a bit out of place to me.

Like I said, I'll put this on the wish list. I kind of like this idea and I might be able to do something with the category display where it shows the tv show main info in the category too. ;)

Like I said, I'd be completely fine with "The Walking Dead, Season 3 Episode 14"....

Some do have show titles, some do not, so that would be a least an inbetween. I know when I search google, I use S03E14 in my terms, so that might even be helpful.

Hopefully this does make it...

I'd be purchasing another copy and resurrecting FamilyGuyFans from the dead.

Like I said, I'd be completely fine with "The Walking Dead, Season 3 Episode 14"....

Some do have show titles, some do not, so that would be a least an inbetween. I know when I search google, I use S03E14 in my terms, so that might even be helpful.
This for me too - I rarely search for episode titles, generally go with season and episode numbers :)

i think this need request for API change to add this function, also genre function missing but @Snog ask this all time along, developer of API its problem

if you request new function i think they need rewrite API from here http://www.themoviedb.org/tv API developer adds new function like genre and also yours request, so i think @Snog cannot do anything, except to wait API developer to add this function, do you understand now

if you request new function i think they need rewrite API from here http://www.themoviedb.org/tv API developer adds new function like genre and also yours request, so i think @Snog cannot do anything, except to wait API developer to add this function, do you understand now

I'm not sure I can agree with that.

It already displays.... In a reply:
Screenshot_18.webp

From that, to turn it into a title, the same link can be used, just need use The name of the show, then Season and Episode (as it is already entered). Or at least a variation.

Top Bottom