[OzzModz] TMDb TV Thread Starter for XenForo

[OzzModz] TMDb TV Thread Starter for XenForo [Paid] 2.2.2

No permission to buy ($30.00)
I'm getting nagged by Google about Review Rich snippets for this thread:

Screenshot 2021-03-27 at 12.34.50.png

Anyone know what this is all about?

Thanks

With Xon's Multi Prefix installed side-by-side, there is a conflict between them that causes issues with Multi Prefix. When a value is greater than 0 in the following options:

1629560116583.png

threads are unable to be created in nodes with any of the three Thread Starter plugins enabled. A popup error states "Please select a prefix" no matter how many prefixes are selected in reality. When the Thread Starter plugin is disabled, the Multi Prefix functions properly.

Hello,

1.- What's for the file do_not_upload/Snog-TVEpisodes-2.0.0.zip ?
2.- Is there any way the TV Shows to be ordered by Title?

Thank you
Chris

@CoZmicShReddeR
Thank you. I seen the official demo at https://snogssite.com/forums/action-adventure.18/ where the order is by rating. But didn't found any screenshot from option to understand if there is an option to set as default order by Title.

By the way, does it works with Article type nodes? I prefer the Articles grid design than the one per row.

Thank you
Chris
PS: Your site looks nice, but, just my opinion, you must change the rating star colors to opposite. Usually eg for a 4 stars rating the 4 stars must be darker than the last one.

@ChrisTERiS there is a mod by Ozzy that allows you to save filters to whatever is your preference.

I use it on my own site and, with some help from @Ehren the default view was changed from one per row to many per row. You can see the effect on my site.

Hope that helps :)

@Davyc
Very nice. I'll check them. Meanwhile I installed it again but didn't found any option to set the default ORDER BY. I believe that this is an important setting.

Last year, when for first time I used this one and the other for Movies, have bought 2 mods from @[Xenbros] and I paid a small amount for some custom tweaks, to have this interface:

The problem is that for some reason I can't locate all changes to copy them in my new installation. :(

Last edited:
@CoZmicShReddeR
If you don't mind, can you tell me if that Alphanumeric selection bar is build-in feature? I can't find it.

1633589391411.png

Edited: I think that it's this addon

Last edited:
To set the 'default' sort order go into each forum node you want to adjust, go to the very bottom and click on the advanced settings, in there you will find the default sort order and you can choose title and see if that works:

1633593899066.webp

A few quirks with how the method is done to add info to existing threads...

TV Starter 2.1.16
  • Enable the option Force comments to second post
  • Enable the option Enable manual updates and give your usergroup permissions to Can add missing TV information
Scenario #1
  • Create a new normal XF thread with an image attachment
  • Insert the attachment as 'full' in the post
  • Save the thread
  • Edit the thread
  • Use 'Add TV show info' to update the thread
Result = The thread is updated so the first post is the TV show info and a new second post was created with a copy of the contents that was originally in the first post. But.... the attachments are still associated with the first post instead of the new post that was created on the fly so the attachment does not show, instead you just get the 'View attachment...' link.​

Scenario #2
  • Create a new normal XF thread with an attachment
  • Do not insert the attachment, just leave it as an attachment thumbnail
  • Save the thread
  • Edit the thread
Result = The thread is updated but nothing can be done with the attachment other than clicking the thumbnail to view it. If the thread is edited then the TMDB field options are shown with no thumbnails listed. Because of that the thumbnail can't be inserted into any of the fields like the description but it also means that it can't even be deleted from the post. I may be missing an alternative but at the moment the only way I can see of getting back to the attachment is to temporarily disable the add-on and then edit the post.​

Scenario #3
Besides attachments stuff like reactions are also affected. With the current method of adding the info' to the thread any post reactions that were given to the first post stays with the modified first post instead of being moved over to the newly created post that contains the content that was originally in the first post.

Thoughts....

The current method adds the TMDB info by creating a new post with the content copied from the existing first post and then the existing first post is updated for the TMDB info.​
Wouldn't it be easier to just create the new post with the TMDB info with the existing first posts meta (user, date, etc.) and then update the thread to have the new post be the first_post_id? 🤔
Otherwise either the Force comments to second post option should be ignored when updating existing threads or new code is needed to update the attachments to be associated to the new post (it needs to be rendered also) along with the reactions and anything else that might be associated to the existing first post.​

A few quirks with how the method is done to add info to existing threads...

TV Starter 2.1.16
  • Enable the option Force comments to second post
  • Enable the option Enable manual updates and give your usergroup permissions to Can add missing TV information
Scenario #1
  • Create a new normal XF thread with an image attachment
  • Insert the attachment as 'full' in the post
  • Save the thread
  • Edit the thread
Result = The thread is updated so the first post is the TV show info and a new second post was created with a copy of the contents that was originally in the first post. But.... the attachments are still associated with the first post instead of the new post that was created on the fly so the attachment does not show, instead you just get the 'View attachment...' link.​

Scenario #2
  • Create a new normal XF thread with an attachment
  • Do not insert the attachment, just leave it as an attachment thumbnail
  • Save the thread
  • Edit the thread
Result = The thread is updated but nothing can be done with the attachment other than clicking the thumbnail to view it. If the thread is edited then the TMDB field options are shown with no thumbnails listed. Because of that the thumbnail can't be inserted into any of the fields like the description but it also means that it can't even be deleted from the post. I may be missing an alternative but at the moment the only way I can see of getting back to the attachment is to temporarily disable the add-on and then edit the post.​

Scenario #3
Besides attachments stuff like reactions are also affected. With the current method of adding the info' to the thread any post reactions that were given to the first post stays with the modified first post instead of being moved over to the newly created post that contains the content that was originally in the first post.

Thoughts....

The current method adds the TMDB info by creating a new post with the content copied from the existing first post and then the existing first post is updated for the TMDB info.​
Wouldn't it be easier to just create the new post with the TMDB info with the existing first posts meta (user, date, etc.) and then update the thread to have the new post be the first_post_id? 🤔
Otherwise either the Force comments to second post option should be ignored when updating existing threads or new code is needed to update the attachments to be associated to the new post (it needs to be rendered also) along with the reactions and anything else that might be associated to the existing first post.​

I’ve not messed with how things are added. Perhaps @Snog could comment on why the process is like it is.

Perhaps @Snog could comment on why the process is like it is.
You're asking me to remember all the way back to the XF1 version. Which I know originally didn't have the option to allow mixed content.

Anyway, from what I recall allowing mixed content (which is when the Add info option becomes available in a thread) was requested by more than one person at some point. And they wanted the info in the original first post to be kept as a comment in what would now be the second post after the TV info was inserted. That routine was most likely an initial implementation and published for testing. Either the people requesting it said everything was fine, or they didn't test it and it vanished into the weeds, forgotten until now.

Personally I've never used it and never saw the need for it. But some people insisted that using an existing forum required it. My stance was always to start fresh with a new forum dedicated to only TV shows when installing the add-on, but I gave in to pressure.

I personally preferred the way that the Game Thread Starter handled this extra information, and placed it above the thread but entirely separate to it (so it doesn't count as post #1).

How do you create season forums and individual episode threads like the above?

Also, I want to add links to the first post in episode threads and the add-on blocks edits from showing up.

Last edited:
Top Bottom