[OzzModz] TMDb TV Thread Starter for XenForo

[OzzModz] TMDb TV Thread Starter for XenForo [Paid] 2.2.2

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Snog updated TMDb TV Thread Starter for XenForo 2.x with a new update entry:

TMDb TV Thread Starter for XenForo 2.x Update 2.0.8

An update to the TV Thread Starter for XenForo 2.x has been released. Those that have purchased this add-on, please log into your account on my site to download this update.
  • Fix - Hard coded error phrase
  • Fix - "There are more posts.." being displayed when there aren't
  • Fix - Thread list display with UiX2 style version 2.0.7
  • Add - Option to allow multiple posts of the same TV show
  • Change - Delete TV info from database when thread has been moved out of TV forum...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:
Hello,

1.- Does it also works with TMDB or just with IMDB (I think that they're different services, but not sure).
2.- If it works with TMDB, they have the option to get a trailer. Does it supported?

Finally (the most important). Have you ever thought to make it available for XFRM? Unlike with forums with RM admin can add files and sell them.

Thank you
Chris

Hello,

1.- Does it also works with TMDB or just with IMDB (I think that they're different services, but not sure).
2.- If it works with TMDB, they have the option to get a trailer. Does it supported?

Finally (the most important). Have you ever thought to make it available for XFRM? Unlike with forums with RM admin can add files and sell them.

Thank you
Chris
It only works with TMDb. It does not and never has worked with IMDb since IMDb is not a free database.

Yes it can get the trailer from TMDb.

No, I haven't considered and have no plans to make it work with the XFRM. Interfacing with XFRM takes it out of the realm of discussing a movie to a place that has legal implications (DMCA).

You can see it in action here..
https://snogssite.com/forums/all-other-genres.8/

Have seen it and I liked it :) Some more questions now:
  1. Just to avoid misunderstandings. Can I set which series to include in listing or it gets data of all? I'm asking it as 2 days ago I bought a php script which (even good script with nice template), it downloads ALL movies/series without having even the option to delete unwanted ones.
  2. I seen the trailer in the post. Nice feature. Can it be full width or it has a standard width only?
  3. Top Billed Cast is something that I can also pull from database?
  4. Some xF themes support grid view in thread listing. Should it works?
That's all :)
Thank you

Interfacing with XFRM takes it out of the realm of discussing a movie to a place that has legal implications (DMCA).

I should not agree :) XFRM has a big advantage compared with Forums especially for Movies. It has Rating/Reviews while forums have only thread rating. Also it has the Discussion section, so it covers the need for those who want to say something.

About DMCA? Why? Are you telling it because in RM you can add files? But this can be perfectly legal. eg Attaching legal subtitles in different languages.

The common mistake. They release with subtitles the video or link to download the video. Single subtitles, without any reference to video, is totally legal. Of course there is an exception. That you didn't used a ready srt file from another translation. But again, in this case, the legal problem is with the author of the original subtitles and not with the video owner.

The above is correct for external subtitle files. For those who burn the subtitles in the video (worst ever case), not only is illegal, but also you pass to the video company the rights to use them.

One more question, maybe the most important, as you're having 2 versions.

In my site I'll have both Movies and Series. Normally seems that I need both addons. But the important difference is that I don't want data from Seasons and Episodes for Series. Just the common data that exist for Movies. A single addon can do the job, or somehow there is a restriction if the video id belongs to movies or series?

Thank you
Chris

1. Just to avoid misunderstandings. Can I set which series to include in listing or it gets data of all? I'm asking it as 2 days ago I bought a php script which (even good script with nice template), it downloads ALL movies/series without having even the option to delete unwanted ones.
Threads are started for individual TV shows that the user specifies. There is no option to download the entire series.

Note that this does not do movies, just TV shows.
2. I seen the trailer in the post. Nice feature. Can it be full width or it has a standard width only?
I just realized I linked you to the Movie threads on my site.

There is no option for trailers in the TV thread starter as that is a relatively new option with the API for TV shows. It will be added at some point.
3. Top Billed Cast is something that I can also pull from database?
These are the options of what can be shown in the first post of a TV thread:

threadoption.webp

4. Some xF themes support grid view in thread listing. Should it works?
I've seen themes that support grid viewing of the forum list, and that works. I have not seen the thread list in grid view, so I can't speak to whether that would work or not.

Last edited:
One more question, maybe the most important, as you're having 2 versions.

In my site I'll have both Movies and Series. Normally seems that I need both addons. But the important difference is that I don't want data from Seasons and Episodes for Series. Just the common data that exist for Movies. A single addon can do the job, or somehow there is a restriction if the video id belongs to movies or series?

Thank you
Chris
A single add-on to do the job of both Movies and TV shows would bloat the add-on code for people that only want movies or only want TV shows. The data returned for Movies and TV shows are entirely different and the API calls are different.

The ID for movies and TV shows are specific to the movie and TV show, but you could for example have a movie with an ID of 1 and a TV show with an ID of 1. An example of a movie and TV show with the same ID number...

https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/1418-te-doy-mis-ojos
https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/1418-the-big-bang-theory

Hello,
  1. Out of topic but similar to your Movies/Series addons. Do you plan to release soon a similar addon for Actors database?
  2. Is there any ETA to add trailer data? If I read well currently it's only available for Movies
  3. Is there any bundle price? Especially if you release a new addon for Actors?
Thank you
Chris

1. Out of topic but similar to your Movies/Series addons. Do you plan to release soon a similar addon for Actors database?
At this time, there are no plans for any more thread starters.
2. Is there any ETA to add trailer data? If I read well currently it's only available for Movies
I do not give ETAs for any additions because it all depends on work load and the circumstances for a release. The only time I give an ETA is when I've already added something in the next release.
3. Is there any bundle price? Especially if you release a new addon for Actors?
There are not any bundle prices.

TMDb TV Thread Starter for XenForo 2.x Update 2.0.10

An update to the TV Thread Starter for XenForo 2.x has been released. Those that have purchased this add-on, please log into your account on my site to download this update.
  • Fix - Hard coded phrases for some add-on options
  • Add - Trailer for TV shows when available
  • Fix - Genre list showing on node edit page when Genre limiting is disabled
  • Fix - User avatar display stretched in TV forum thread list when no threads are a TV thread

Last edited:
WARNING: This add-on needs to be updated for XenForo 2.1.0 due to changes in XenForo 2.1.0. It will not work with XenForo 2.1.0 at this time. It will work with XenForo 2.0.x.

TMDb TV Thread Starter for XenForo 2.x Update 2.0.11

• Fix - Show info not being displayed in forum thread list for UiX2 and PixelExit styles
  • Change - Add support for XenForo 2.1
NOTE: While I've added support for XenForo 2.1, there is no guarantee the changes will continue to work. If something changes in 2.1 there may be more updates needed.

TMDb TV Thread Starter for XenForo 2.x Update 2.0.12

• Fix - Mini-me icon out of position in TV forum thread list for threads that are not TV threads
  • Fix - Season/Episode input not showing in XF 2.1
  • Fix - Misc. display problems with XF 2.1

TMDb TV Thread Starter for XenForo 2.x Update 2.1.0

• Fix - Rating stars not showing in thread list with UiX 2.1.0.1 style
  • Fix - Unable to edit TV show with UiX 2.1.0.1 style
WARNING: DO NOT INSTALL THIS UPDATE ON XENFORO 2.0.x. XenForo 2.0.x is no longer supported with this update.

WARNING: DO NOT INSTALL THIS UPDATE ON XENFORO 2.0.x. XenForo 2.0.x is no longer supported with this update.

Went to the Snog's site and 2.1.0 is the only available download. As I am still running xenforo 2.0, how can I get the 2.0.12 update? (I'm currentlly using TMDB 2.0.11)

Thanks

Top Bottom