TMDb Movie Thread Starter for XenForo

TMDb Movie Thread Starter for XenForo [Paid] 2.2.1

No permission to buy ($30.00)

Snog

Snog submitted a new resource:

TMDb Movie Thread Starter - Start threads about movies the easy way in XF 2!

Do you run a movie review or discussion site? Always copying and pasting information from The Movie Database to your new threads? Or, maybe you just want a place on your site to discuss movies with friends.

Then this add-on is for you!

The TMDb Thread Starter allows you to enter the movie ID or the entire link to the movie at TMDb into your new thread, add whatever comments you like and post the new thread. The TMDb Thread Starter will import all of the information for your movie into the...

Read more about this resource...

When I update, I get this error message:

XF\Db\Exception: MySQL query error [1214]: The used table type doesn't support FULLTEXT indexes in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php at line 183

1. XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 66
  2. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 67
  3. XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query() in src/XF/Db/Schema/AbstractDdl.php at line 136
  4. XF\Db\Schema\AbstractDdl->apply() in src/XF/Db/SchemaManager.php at line 192
  5. XF\Db\SchemaManager->createTable() in src/addons/Snog/Movies/Setup.php at line 95
  6. Snog\Movies\Setup->upgrade2000070Step1() in src/XF/AddOn/StepRunnerUpgradeTrait.php at line 143
  7. Snog\Movies\Setup->upgradeStepRunner() in src/XF/AddOn/StepRunnerUpgradeTrait.php at line 79
  8. Snog\Movies\Setup->upgrade() in src/XF/Admin/Controller/AddOn.php at line 424
  9. XF\Admin\Controller\AddOn->actionUpgrade() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 232
  10. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 85
  11. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 41
  12. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 1777
  13. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 320
  14. XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

@Delazar since you were the first person to get the update, I'm not going to change the version number. I neglected to account for earlier MySQL versions and I've corrected that.

Please download the add-on again an re-upload all of the files to your server, replacing the ones that are there. Then run the update again and it should work.

Update worked.
But now I have the problem that all my entries are not displayed.
If I make a new entry, it will be displayed!
TMDb_xf1.webpTMDb_xf2.webp

And I have these error messages:

• ErrorException: Undefined index: tmdb_cast
    [*]src/addons/Snog/Movies/Cron/Convert.php:143
    [*]Generiert durch: Unbekanntes Benutzerkonto
    [*]13 September 2017 um 17:10 Uhr
Stapelverfolgung
#0 /var/www/xf2test.rpg-foren.com/htdocs/src/addons/Snog/Movies/Cron/Convert.php(143): XF::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/var/www/xf2tes...', 143, Array)
#1 [internal function]: Snog\Movies\Cron\Convert::process(Object(XF\Entity\CronEntry))
#2 /var/www/xf2test.rpg-foren.com/htdocs/src/XF/Job/Cron.php(35): call_user_func(Array, Object(XF\Entity\CronEntry))
#3 /var/www/xf2test.rpg-foren.com/htdocs/src/XF/Job/Manager.php(241): XF\Job\Cron->run(7.9999988079071)
#4 /var/www/xf2test.rpg-foren.com/htdocs/src/XF/Job/Manager.php(187): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, 7.9999988079071)
#5 /var/www/xf2test.rpg-foren.com/htdocs/src/XF/Job/Manager.php(76): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, 7.9999988079071)
#6 /var/www/xf2test.rpg-foren.com/htdocs/job.php(15): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#7 {main}Benötigter Status
array(4) {
["url"] => string(8) "/job.php"
["referrer"] => string(59) "https://xf2test.rpg-foren.com/admin.php?logs/server-errors/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

• nvalidArgumentException: Attempted to convert NULL to string/binary (tmdb_plot)
  • src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php:725
  • Generiert durch: Unbekanntes Benutzerkonto
  • 13 September 2017 um 17:10 Uhr
Stapelverfolgung
#0 /var/www/xf2test.rpg-foren.com/htdocs/src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(607): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->_castValueToType(NULL, 'tmdb_plot', 5, Array)
#1 /var/www/xf2test.rpg-foren.com/htdocs/src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(547): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->set('tmdb_plot', NULL)
#2 /var/www/xf2test.rpg-foren.com/htdocs/src/addons/Snog/Movies/Cron/Convert.php(150): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->__set('tmdb_plot', NULL)
#3 [internal function]: Snog\Movies\Cron\Convert::process(Object(XF\Entity\CronEntry))
#4 /var/www/xf2test.rpg-foren.com/htdocs/src/XF/Job/Cron.php(35): call_user_func(Array, Object(XF\Entity\CronEntry))
#5 /var/www/xf2test.rpg-foren.com/htdocs/src/XF/Job/Manager.php(241): XF\Job\Cron->run(7.9999988079071)
#6 /var/www/xf2test.rpg-foren.com/htdocs/src/XF/Job/Manager.php(187): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, 7.9999988079071)
#7 /var/www/xf2test.rpg-foren.com/htdocs/src/XF/Job/Manager.php(76): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, 7.9999988079071)
#8 /var/www/xf2test.rpg-foren.com/htdocs/job.php(15): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#9 {main}Benötigter Status
array(4) {
["url"] => string(8) "/job.php"
["referrer"] => string(59) "https://xf2test.rpg-foren.com/admin.php?logs/server-errors/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Last edited:
Update worked.
But now I have the problem that all my entries are not displayed.
If I make a new entry, it will be displayed!
View attachment 157816View attachment 157817

And I have these error messages:

This (the cast error) is because you weren't running the latest XF 1.x version of the add-on before you upgraded to XF 2...
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/tmdb-movie-thread-starter.2149/update/22503/

And if you read the README.txt file, your old threads won't show in the thread list until they are updated by the cron task.
I replaced the files, but I don't get an update
No problem, since you already updated just replacing the files will be fine.

Was wondering if their was a better way to display the description and video of this add-on. https://xenforo.com/community/attachments/ss2-png.157808/ Something more appealing. Maybe have the Movie poster image and Description and video all in one row. Then let the comments start right under that row.

The display from the add-on is by a template. You are free to change it as you like.

But remember, that is a post and you are limited as to how much will fit on one line.

But remember, that is a post and you are limited as to how much will fit on one line.
Maybe the template could work like this? Movie poster then youtube video. Then under that could be the description row/ block thing.

Attachments

• movie_example.webp
    movie_example.webp
    53.8 KB · Views: 46
The default template won't change. That's the way it displays in the XF 1.x version and for consistency I'm keeping it that way.

However, as I said, it is a template and it can be changed by the admin.

The default template won't change. That's the way it displays in the XF 1.x version and for consistency I'm keeping it that way.

However, as I said, it is a template and it can be changed by the admin.
I see what you are saying ;).

Top Bottom