TMDb Movie Thread Starter for XenForo 1.x [Deleted]

I'm not going through 100's of posts, recreating and reassigning thread authors.
Would only take 2 hours or 3 with this addon: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/*******-change-threads-posts-owner-premium.2188/

I'm currently testing the movie rating system on my site.

But, there is one option I would like input on. That's a new thread preview. If you would, please vote in this poll on my site..

Last edited:
Snog updated TMDb Movie Thread Starter with a new update entry:

TMDb Movie Thread Starter Update 1.0.3

An update to the TMDb Thread Starter system has been released. Those that have purchased this mod, please check your PayPal email for the download link.

This release adds functionality to the system
  • Add movie rating system.
  • Add option to show movie plot in thread preview.
  • Add cron task to make plots available to thread preview for existing movie threads.
NOTE: The cron will run every 5 minutes until all updates are done. Once done, the cron will disable...​

Read the rest of this update entry...

Any plans to have it fetch on thread edit? It would make it easy to update old movie threads.

What happens to the display of old threads, in both thread view and node view, when you set this to use an existing node?

Any plans to have it fetch on thread edit? It would make it easy to update old movie threads.

What happens to the display of old threads, in both thread view and node view, when you set this to use an existing node?
This is on the wish list for this add-on. However, at the moment there is no such function.

Old threads will not display properly in the node list, however they will show properly in thread view.

I'll probably purchase it once that is implemented. It's a nice looking add-on but I can't break a ten year old forum.

Getting a bucket load of server errors in my log when it auto runs the cron - only seems to be happening for one thread within the movie forum the addon is linked to (http://discussionjunkies.com/threads/olympus-has-fallen.51138/)

Code:
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Olympus") is captured by a terrorist mastermind and the President is kidnapped, ' at line 2 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77
Generated By: Unknown Account, 2 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /l/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(115): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare('UPDATE xf_threa...')
#1 /library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php(381): Zend_Db_Statement->__construct(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli), 'UPDATE xf_threa...')
#2 /library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(478): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare('UPDATE xf_threa...')
#3 /library/Snog/TMDBThreads/Model/Threads.php(61): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('UPDATE xf_threa...', 51138)
#4 /library/Snog/TMDBThreads/Model/UpdatePlot.php(42): Snog_TMDBThreads_Model_Threads->updateThread(51138, 'tmdb_plot = "Wh...')
#5 /library/Snog/TMDBThreads/CronEntry/UpdatePlots.php(20): Snog_TMDBThreads_Model_UpdatePlot->updatePlots()
#6 [internal function]: Snog_TMDBThreads_CronEntry_UpdatePlots::updatePlots(Array)
#7 /library/XenForo/Model/Cron.php(356): call_user_func(Array, Array)
#8 /library/XenForo/Deferred/Cron.php(24): XenForo_Model_Cron->runEntry(Array)
#9 /library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(208): XenForo_Deferred_Cron->execute(Array, Array, 9.99999690056, '')
#10 /library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(331): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 9.99999690056, '', false)
#11 /library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(284): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, NULL, '', false)
#12 /deferred.php(18): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
#13 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(41) "http://discussionjunkies.com/deferred.php"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(4) {
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(10) "/admin.php"
["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
}
}

plus another 6 pages of this error for the same thread .

@Snog any chance of making a similar add-on for music, books, games, cars, ..., ... lovers? I wouldn't mind to enter all the necessary information manually.

@Snog any chance of making a similar add-on for music, books, games, cars, ..., ... lovers? I wouldn't mind to enter all the necessary information manually.
I have been researching the possibility of an add-on for music. But the others you mention don't have any readily accessible databases that I know of.

I have been researching the possibility of an add-on for music. But the others you mention don't have any readily accessible databases that I know of.
Snog, as I said I am more interested in adding data manually. It wouldn't help me to take data from database as I need them in my native language and not in english. I really like the way this add-on is made and would love to have something similar but with manually added data.

Top Bottom