Widget Threads Enhancement

Widget Threads Enhancement [Paid] 2.1.5

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Can you fix this?

The hover underline does not have a space before the first letter of the title.
Not correct:
(prefix) Title
Correct:
(prefix) Title

Thanks!

Unread/Bold titles ONLY works in Chrome.
This DOES NOT work in Firefox or Edge. (Have not tested others)

Also, when you hover a title, the underline is joined with the prefix instead of there being a space. Like this: Prefix Title

Thanks

Will these issues be fixed? Thanks

I'm talking about the space between the prefix and title. Look at the arrows. The underline should not be in the space between.

Look at the default widget here on XF, there is a space, not a line, but the prefix and title are clickable (2 entities) and are not connected as one.

In 1.1.5 you cannot click to prefix. Is it?

Yes, you can click the prefix in 1.1.5. I just checked. What is happening is you have the hyperlink around the prefix and title as one, so the underline is an error in the space between them. They need to be linked separately like in 1.1.5 (and stock XF). It happened when you fixed the prefix being bold for unread. You fixed that, but now the line.

Can you add an option for the "New posts" widget to exclude threads with zero replies (since those will already appear in the "New threads" widget)?

Any word on the spacing issue? Will it be fixed? (Just hover a title in the widget here on XF, the underline does not touch the prefix. And your previous versions worked.)

What about new content markers only working in Chrome? (bold titles)... is anyone else experiencing this?

👏 Thanks!

Suggestion:
Some of the wording may confuse people in the settings.

New threads
Recent threads
Most replied
Most viewed
Most reacted
Threads do not have reply

New and Recent threads sounds like the difference between unread and read. But it is not. It's the difference between a thread and post widget. I would word it like this (which also conforms to XF terminology):

New threads
Latest posts
Most replied
Most viewed
Most reacted
Threads with no replies (better grammar) or Unanswered threads (XF terminology from navigation menu)

Just trying to help! ;)

Last edited:
Suggestion:

In Full mode, please add a View More button like on the Latest Posts widget here https://xenforo.com/community/whats-new/

It would also be helpful to link the title to this. Yes we can use html but then in the list of widgets that html shows so does not look good. And we can't include all the variables anyway so we could not link properly.

This addition will be very helpful so if we have a Popular widget in What's New, with 3 posts, they can click View More to see a list.

Your widget: When we click the title and it is not bold, it takes to the first post.
XF Posts widget: : When we click the title and it is not bold (always in XF), it takes us to the latest post. <----- Please have yours do this, thanks!

Any chance this could also filter on prefix?

I have a use case to display threads with no replies with a specific prefix in a widget :)

Top Bottom