Widget Threads Enhancement

Widget Threads Enhancement [Paid] 2.1.5

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Feature Idea: Only show threads with specific tags? Would that be possible?

Or prefixes! So if you have a For Sale prefix, you could do an items for sale widget etc.

PS. I am eyeballing this for the future. I may just buy it. Nice work.

Does this have time limits for reactions and replies? So if I want the most Liked in a week? Is that what Thread Cutoff is? Thanks

Okay I think I understand. So if I choose Most Reactions/Replies.

Thread Cutoff: 7 days

It will show the most reacted in 7 days. Correct?

I have a few suggestions.

1. This is my #1. Please Please Please add read/unread status to the threads in simple mode like it does in Full mode! I have issues with members thinking they have read the newest posts in the threads because they are not bold. If you have a widget of popular (or any) threads and someone replies the title in the widget should be bold and link to the new post. Thanks!!!!

2. It would be great if the widget titles could link to "view more" as a list. Example. You have "Threads with no replies" and show 5 in the widget. Click the widget title and be taken the Unanswered list XF already provides. Same with all the options, new, popular etc.

3. Would be nice to have the username as a hyperlink/hover too see their info (like in Full mode), not just the avatar.

4. Lastly, if you added the option New Posts (not threads) it would be great and this could replace the stock XF widget while adding some extra functions.

Question: What is the difference between New and Recent Threads?

Last edited:
I forgot I had one more suggestion:

Thread cutoff (exists)
Last reply cutoff (add) (example, 7 days)....

This would allow us, for example, to have a Popular widget which allows year old threads but they must have been replied to in the past week. I think they could work in conjunction, but as either/or it could be very beneficial! Keeping old threads out unless they are current.

Last edited:
I have a few suggestions.

1. This is my #1. Please Please Please add read/unread status to the threads in simple mode like it does in Full mode! I have issues with members thinking they have read the newest posts in the threads because they are not bold. If you have a widget of popular (or any) threads and someone replies the title in the widget should be bold and link to the new post. Thanks!!!!

2. It would be great if the widget titles could link to "view more" as a list. Example. You have "Threads with no replies" and show 5 in the widget. Click the widget title and be taken the Unanswered list XF already provides. Same with all the options, new, popular etc.

3. Would be nice to have the username as a hyperlink/hover too see their info (like in Full mode), not just the avatar.

4. Lastly, if you added the option New Posts (not threads) it would be great and this could replace the stock XF widget while adding some extra functions.

#2: You can use html in widget title.

Recent threads which order by last post (mean as: Recent replies or new posts) while new threads order by thread post date.

#2 Yeah that can work for posts and unanswered, but how can we populate the list of popular for example? Would be nice if the title did that. Just an idea.

Thanks for the answer to my question. That's what I meant by #4 your language is just different.

What's the chance of suggestion 1? That would be AWESOME!

#2 Yeah that can work for posts and unanswered, but how can we populate the list of popular for example? Would be nice if the title did that. Just an idea.

Thanks for the answer to my question. That's what I meant by #4 your language is just different.

What's the chance of suggestion 1? That would be AWESOME!
#1: Yes. It's should be have.

Top Bottom